0-4
7%

Total votes: 15

Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 737

Wins post all-star break 

Post#1 » by Jerry Maine » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:35 am

How many wins is this team gonna get from now till the playoffs?

We've been playing better of late, but questions surrounding virtually every player aside Steph, as well as the coaching, remain unanswered.

Will we turn it on from here and be the team noone wants to see in the PS? Will we limp into the play-in and maybe a first round appearance? Or are the wheels about to fall off?
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Re: Wins post all-star break 

Post#2 » by Jerry Maine » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:40 am

For the record I'm going with 20-9, about two thirds of their games. I think they've turned a corner. Not sure that'll have them avoid the play-in, but they'll be knocking on the door
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#3 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:03 pm

My optimistic side thinks 19. So i chose 20-24. :-D
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#4 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:51 pm

Checks notes … Klay Thompson and Steve Kerr still here…Wiggins and Klay still occupying $60m of payroll, Draymond still wildin out?

14 wins. Sorry to be a downer but this is still a smoldering dumpster fire
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,046

Post#5 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:48 pm

Easy schedule, dubs catching their stride with new starting lineup/Dray back, 18-20 wins is my guess.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,280

Post#6 » by Onus » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:53 pm

Maybe 7-10 losses, so I choose 20-24
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#7 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:47 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Checks notes … Klay Thompson and Steve Kerr still here…Wiggins and Klay still occupying $60m of payroll, Draymond still wildin out?

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#8 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 am

After winning 21 games we may beat the Clippers, Suns or T-Wolves in the first round.
50 50% chance of making the conference finals but I think we get beat in the conference finals.

Wiggins is so much better than he was in early season.

Can we get a better version of Klay?
Can we get peak Looney?
Will Chris Paul help?
Will Podz be exposed as being a rookie in the playoffs?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#9 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:01 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Checks notes … Klay Thompson and Steve Kerr still here…Wiggins and Klay still occupying $60m of payroll, Draymond still wildin out?

This dumpster is not bad. If you must dumpster dive this is a good dumpster.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#10 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 pm

When Draymond is sitting out another suspension everybody's going to be all "well ... but ... if not for ..."
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#11 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:23 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

That is actually a pretty fair assessment. We have Steph, so it's a privilege to watch, but there is sooooo much cap space occupied by Klay, CP3, Wiggs. Contenders aren't dragging around $90MM of Meh on their roster.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,152

Post#12 » by TB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:44 pm

Love the optimism here but does everyone realize going like 20-8 to end the season is a win percentage better than anyone currently has in the West? Y'all really think we will be the best team from here on out?

If we can somehow go 17-11 (about the pace of a 5 seed), that gets us into a win percentage that would put us 9th.

I dont think people are realizing how hard its going to be to get into the 7/8, let alone the 6th. It will take being one of the best teams the rest of the season to get into one of those spots.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#13 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:20 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:

That is actually a pretty fair assessment. We have Steph, so it's a privilege to watch, but there is sooooo much cap space occupied by Klay, CP3, Wiggs. Contenders aren't dragging around $90MM of Meh on their roster.

At least the Warriors have high salaries that they can package with assets to get good players while still keeping Curry. There are teams over thover the salary cap that don’t have the big salaries to trade without including their best player in the trade-

We can acquire high priced players because we have priced players. They other approach is to be so far under the salary cap that you can sign a top level free agent but for the most part being way under the salary cap means that your team is bad.

So how does a mediocre team build into a chamionship? Trade eveybody for draft picks. Become a farm team for a few years and trade your player crops for more draft picks. Sign 4 high character old end of their career ex-stars teacher players to raise the draft picks right and then start using your draft picks and the lottery pick you get for being the worst team in the league. By the time your wave of draft picks is reaching free agency after their rookie contracts are done your old high character ex stars high character teacher players retire freeing up cap space. Pay your group of young recent draftees and try to win a chamionship with them.

Never attempt 2 timelines. Your draft wave is your timeline. But you can’t let your draft wave grow up wrong. You don’t want dumb kids teaching each other dumb kid ideas. No strip clubs and cocaine. No who cares about wins and losses I need to score 30 points a game to make the all-star team and increase my merchandising endorsement vallue. No Webber, Owens, Sprewell, Alexander, Gatling young group that reinforce each others bad ideas.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#14 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:36 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:

At least the Warriors have high salaries that they can package with assets to get good players while still keeping Curry. There are teams over thover the salary cap that don’t have the big salaries to trade without including their best player in the trade-

We can acquire high priced players because we have priced players. They other approach is to be so far under the salary cap that you can sign a top level free agent but for the most part being way under the salary cap means that your team is bad.

Klay only had expiring value to package before THIS trade deadline. He has no cap value July 1st unless we have extended him. So that's nothing but dead weight before or after a newly minted extension. And Klay on a newly minted extension given the season he's having is now a major negative trade asset that needs to be made up for with additional assets. Not trading him before the deadline IS a "get under the salary cap" move.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#15 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:20 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

Klay only had expiring value to package before THIS trade deadline. He has no cap value July 1st unless we have extended him. So that's nothing but dead weight before or after a newly minted extension. And Klay on a newly minted extension given the season he's having is now a major negative trade asset that needs to be made up for with additional assets. Not trading him before the deadline IS a "get under the salary cap" move.

If we let Klay and Chris Paul go away are we under the salary cap. Being just a little under the salary cap still does not let us sign a big salary free agent. I don’t know about what Lacob thinks from a business owner point of view about paying luxury tax.

let Klay and Chris Paul go and Podz must replace them which might be OK. I see Podz as being an Iguodala level playmaker passer which is good but not Chris Paul level. Current Pod can’t replace peak Klay but Podz can replace current Klay and Poz might get better next year as a scorer.

Most of our board can’t let go of the Moody who exists only in their imaginations but I can’t let go of the Klay that exists in my memory of younger pre injury Klay. I need Klay to be that guy again and Klay has the occasional good qurter where he looks like younger Klay, Moody has the occasional good quarter where he looks like the Moody our board imagines Moody to be.

I think good Wiggins can returned from the grave which gives me hope for good Klay returning from the grave. I am stll waiting for Looney to return to being as good as he once was.

Our team would be a lot better if we could replace real Klay with 2016 Klay. Even 2016 Klay could shoot us out of games when he was having a bad shooting night but at least his defense was good.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#16 » by HiRez » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 pm

6 seed is quite a daunting challenge at 6 games back. Feels like the 8 seed is what they need to aim for right now, it's the play-in but at least that gives them 2 shots and making it in (and ability to lose the first game) instead of 1. But they'd need one of the Kings, Suns, Mavs, or Pels to falter.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,878

Post#17 » by Hoopstar23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:03 pm

HiRez wrote:6 seed is quite a daunting challenge at 6 games back. Feels like the 8 seed is what they need to aim for right now, it's the play-in but at least that gives them 2 shots and making it in (and ability to lose the first game) instead of 1. But they'd need one of the Kings, Suns, Mavs, or Pels to falter.

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

I am keeping an eye on Phoenix and Sacramento they have the toughest schedules remaining
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Jerry Maine » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:32 am

Dubs went 19-10, solid finish but not enough for anything more than 10th.

Will soon see if their road form carries them through to a playoff berth
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#19 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:11 pm

Interesting. Thanks for following up on this one.
The winning seemed jump started on two Kerr moves - More of Kuminga and less of Klay then inserting TJD as starting center. For my money, starting TJD was the biggest. To bad he handn't done so eariler.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#20 » by Chupchup » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:36 pm

Current record: 46-36

Warriors w/Draymond was 33-22
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=warriors+record+with+draymond+green+2023-24+season

Warriors w/o Draymond was 13-14

Return to Golden State Warriors