ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,048

Re: Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us. 

Post#61 » by Jester_ » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:44 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
DB23 wrote:To all the Kerr haters - who are some coaches you would like in his place?

To me, he’s still clearly a top 5 coach in this league. Most of the gripes about him have a point but way overrate some of our bench and youngsters and really are not being fair about the personnel issues we’ve had this year.

He isn't anymore, and it goes to illustrate the point that rosters make the coaches reps 99% of the time.

Take that RAPM stuff.. its about as useless as something could be in terms of present evaluation. Example - I've owned my car for 10 years. It breaks down today. I don't reference how well its ran the past 10 years to evaluate how good it is today. It's not relevant

Kerr was (is?) great at managing personalities, so when you give him a boatload of talent, he can do fine with it. He sticks to a gameplan, which is great when you have the talent edge. The Warriors dont anymore. If they want to win anything going forward while Steph is here, barring some miracle offseason trade, they need to actually be creative with their solutions. Adaptive in-game. He has not shown the ability to do either. He has, however, correctly chosen solutions provided by former/current HCs like Mike Malone, Alvin Gentry, and most recently Mike Brown. But now? It looks like Kenny Atkinson and the rest just don't have that in them, or maybe Kerr isn't listening. Either way, the buck stops with Kerr and he's leaving a lot of value on the table. And the team simply cannot absorb that margin of error anymore

And FFS this replacement stuff.. when Kerr was about to be hired, most wanted SVG instead. Why? Because no one knew a damn thing about Kerr. Or SVG actually. So my suggestion is John Smith. You dont know him but he's great. If not him, then another AC on a good team. He's also great and exactly what we need. He likes defense very much

To me it's a great indictment of his coaching career that the #1 thing most people say about him is he is good at managing personalities, and yet one of this players ran one player out of town and literally knocked out another lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#62 » by WarriorGM » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Going by how things are unfolding there is one way I can see people ending up calling Steve Kerr a genius after this season. Note how the Dubs no longer have any games against most of the top Western Conference teams. If Moody gets steady minutes going forward and is a big factor in the playoffs surprising rivals not ready for the new look Warriors that could be an advantage. If that happens though I'm guessing it would be an example of Kerr stumbling into brilliance rather than by design.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#63 » by Old_Blue » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 pm

michaelm wrote:People just can’t see how GSW can beat the likes of Denver and the Lakers with an opening and closing lineup of Klay and 2 short guards who will be over 36 years old come the play-offs. It hasn’t worked so far.

Just two years ago, the Dubs ran Denver off the court. Now, in Kuminga and Podziemski, the Dubs have fresh legs. I'm not too worried about the Nuggets. Jokic had 30 points, 19 boards and 8 assists in Game 5 of the First Round in 2022 and Denver still went down. If their shots drop, the Warriors win. I am, however, worried about the Lakers. But, that has less to do with how they play as a team and more to do with the extreme preferential treatment LeBron & Co. get from the referees. However it turns out, I hope people enjoy and appreciate the ride. It's supposed to be enjoyable, not a source of angst. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#64 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:46 pm

Jester_ wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
DB23 wrote:To all the Kerr haters - who are some coaches you would like in his place?

To me, he’s still clearly a top 5 coach in this league. Most of the gripes about him have a point but way overrate some of our bench and youngsters and really are not being fair about the personnel issues we’ve had this year.

He isn't anymore, and it goes to illustrate the point that rosters make the coaches reps 99% of the time.

Take that RAPM stuff.. its about as useless as something could be in terms of present evaluation. Example - I've owned my car for 10 years. It breaks down today. I don't reference how well its ran the past 10 years to evaluate how good it is today. It's not relevant

Kerr was (is?) great at managing personalities, so when you give him a boatload of talent, he can do fine with it. He sticks to a gameplan, which is great when you have the talent edge. The Warriors dont anymore. If they want to win anything going forward while Steph is here, barring some miracle offseason trade, they need to actually be creative with their solutions. Adaptive in-game. He has not shown the ability to do either. He has, however, correctly chosen solutions provided by former/current HCs like Mike Malone, Alvin Gentry, and most recently Mike Brown. But now? It looks like Kenny Atkinson and the rest just don't have that in them, or maybe Kerr isn't listening. Either way, the buck stops with Kerr and he's leaving a lot of value on the table. And the team simply cannot absorb that margin of error anymore

And FFS this replacement stuff.. when Kerr was about to be hired, most wanted SVG instead. Why? Because no one knew a damn thing about Kerr. Or SVG actually. So my suggestion is John Smith. You dont know him but he's great. If not him, then another AC on a good team. He's also great and exactly what we need. He likes defense very much

To me it's a great indictment of his coaching career that the #1 thing most people say about him is he is good at managing personalities, and yet one of this players ran one player out of town and literally knocked out another lol

I choose to believe that Kerr green-lit the hit like a mafia don
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#65 » by watch1958 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:13 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Poole sleeps with the Wizards.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
DB23
Junior
And1: 393

Post#66 » by DB23 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:47 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Puzzling to me how you can look at Poole this season and think that the problem is he is not on our roster anymore.

There is also nothing from how Durant has operated his whole career to suggest he would be happy to play out his career in one place. As much as the dray part was bang out of line, it’s more the fact that it was blindingly obvious that this was Steph’s city and he would never get credit for joining him.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#67 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:54 am

DB23 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Puzzling to me how you can look at Poole this season and think that the problem is he is not on our roster anymore.

There is also nothing from how Durant has operated his whole career to suggest he would be happy to play out his career in one place. As much as the dray part was bang out of line, it’s more the fact that it was blindingly obvious that this was Steph’s city and he would never get credit for joining him.

lol man what are you even talking about here

I dont have any issue with how Kerr has managed the personalities and I'm glad Poole is gone. Agree on KD. My issue with Kerr is strictly his adaptability in-game and how he doesnt have a large margin of error anymore
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#68 » by SpreeS » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:47 am

How look our young players I am starting to think about two time lines again :) Its only on Kerr how he will manage it. Last year and this year Kerr played over them players like Lamb/CoJo/Saric/Lester/Jerome/JaMychal/Klay. I cant image where would we be with youngters x2 playing time. This year:

Podziemski +6.4nrtg 111.7drtg
Kuminga +4.0nrtg 111.4drtg
Moody +2.0nrtg 110.2drtg
Davis +2.0nrtg 113.2drtg
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#69 » by superunknown » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:03 am

still a long road ahead of him. team still sitting at the 9th seed, he threw too many games away earlier in the season, still has to make up for it.
CM17
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#70 » by CM17 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:58 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1764765527212253221%7Ctwgr%5E906411227a3a3b8e1920db7a61116dc682caf8ba%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nba.com%2Fnews%2Fmonthly-nba-awards-february-2024[/url]
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#71 » by Coxy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:52 am

CM17 wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1764765527212253221%7Ctwgr%5E906411227a3a3b8e1920db7a61116dc682caf8ba%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nba.com%2Fnews%2Fmonthly-nba-awards-february-2024[/url]

There will be some triggers on this board for this news. I'll get my popcorn, be right back..

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#72 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:54 am

we blew two big leads, should've been 13-1
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,273

Post#73 » by Onus » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:47 am

Imagine a coach saying if we play the young guys that means we’re no longer competing and changes what we want to do with the season. Damn was that coach wrong.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#74 » by Onus » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:13 am

Kerr may have finally gotten to a real rotation. He gave the vets who were trying to play for their next contract ample leash to prove what they have. Let’s see if he can navigate the playoffs. We should end the season on like a 17-3 ish type run.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#75 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:37 pm

Wonder if anyone's changed their tune in the past month...
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#76 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 pm

watch1958 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Poole sleeps with the Wizards.

and I'm like a month late on this because I missed it but damn that got a good laugh
Onus
RealGM

Post#77 » by Onus » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:53 pm

Onus wrote:Kerr may have finally gotten to a real rotation. He gave the vets who were trying to play for their next contract ample leash to prove what they have. Let’s see if he can navigate the playoffs. We should end the season on like a 17-3 ish type run.

Damn was I off. Kerr went the other way and decided to play Klay more off the bench and less curry. Smh. It looked so promising at the beginning of this month and now I just want the season to end.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#78 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

DB23 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

It was both. I know one of KD's friends. KD said he left because of Currys shadow and because Green is such an ass hole.

Had they moved Green for a piece that KD liked I'm guessing he would have stayed. KD felt the team and system were built too much around Curry. Moving Green could have killed two birds with one stone.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#79 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:08 am

BTW....where the hell is Lacob. Cricket.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,393

Post#80 » by svart » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:22 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
DB23 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

It was both. I know one of KD's friends. KD said he left because of Currys shadow and because Green is such an ass hole.

Had they moved Green for a piece that KD liked I'm guessing he would have stayed. KD felt the team and system were built too much around Curry. Moving Green could have killed two birds with one stone.

i think he would have left anyway.

he was already in contact with the flat earther talking about playing together, and i think steph's presence was the ultimate influence.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee

Return to Golden State Warriors