ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Re: Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us. 

Post#141 » by Warriorfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Name a replacement who is better than man considered top 15 coaches all time and why.

This is a comical statement and it's incredibly aggravating. It offers zero insight and something you would see on twitter.

Someone who does a great job 1 day may not be the best option for another day. Whoever replaces Kerr is not going against Kerr's entire coaching history. 2015 Kerr wasn't putting these utterly moronic 3 and 4 guard lineups, respected centers and didn't have emotional attachments to particular players when he had zero semblance of common sense or logic applied when handling them. They're going against a guy that in the last year FIBA not only didn't win, didn't even place :lol: . A guy who can be argued that he was the worst coach in the entire league this season, finishing 10th with the highest wage bill in the league and Steph Curry on his team. If you think that's acceptable, at that point nobody can change your mind.

Kerr doing a bad job this season doesn't change that he's a top 15 coach all time. Just like it doesn't change Klay being mediocre to terrible the last 3 seasons doesn't change that overall he was an elite 2-way player and one of the best shooters of all time. It's honestly infuriating reading these arguments of anybody coming in and dealing with someone's history. They're not competing with that, they're competing with what they're doing now. Otherwise the Warriors should sign Larry Bird and MJ in the summer.

You post so much to add so little. Historic success should carry great weight. You seem to have reactionary recency bias like many here.

More qualified individuals than the ones who post here have given Kerr his status. How many have learned under fellow HOF Pop, Jackson and Lute.
Only 2 people in the history of basketball have more rings.

To show basketball knowledge or lack of people should put up names of candidates. I'm pretty sure it would be easier to tear them down.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#142 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Name a replacement who is better than man considered top 15 coaches all time and why.

This is a comical statement and it's incredibly aggravating. It offers zero insight and something you would see on twitter.

Someone who does a great job 1 day may not be the best option for another day. Whoever replaces Kerr is not going against Kerr's entire coaching history. 2015 Kerr wasn't putting these utterly moronic 3 and 4 guard lineups, respected centers and didn't have emotional attachments to particular players when he had zero semblance of common sense or logic applied when handling them. They're going against a guy that in the last year FIBA not only didn't win, didn't even place :lol: . A guy who can be argued that he was the worst coach in the entire league this season, finishing 10th with the highest wage bill in the league and Steph Curry on his team. If you think that's acceptable, at that point nobody can change your mind.

Kerr doing a bad job this season doesn't change that he's a top 15 coach all time. Just like it doesn't change Klay being mediocre to terrible the last 3 seasons doesn't change that overall he was an elite 2-way player and one of the best shooters of all time. It's honestly infuriating reading these arguments of anybody coming in and dealing with someone's history. They're not competing with that, they're competing with what they're doing now. Otherwise the Warriors should sign Larry Bird and MJ in the summer.

You post so much to add so little. Historic success should carry great weight. You seem to have reactionary recency bias like many here.

More qualified individuals than the ones who post here have given Kerr his status. How many have learned under fellow HOF Pop, Jackson and Lute.

To show basketball knowledge or lack of people should put up names of candidates. I'm pretty sure it would be easier to tear them down.

It's the favorite pastime for the board here. Claim "there are dozens of better coaches out there to replace Kerr" - fail to mention a single name they would want over Kerr. Similarly, "Klay is the most easily replaceable player in the NBA" - fail to mention who they'd bring in, especially considering the limitations the CBA puts on teams like the dubs starting this summer.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#143 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 pm

"We need Klay back," Steve Kerr said after the game. "He's still got good years left. And I know I speak for everybody in the organization: We want him back. ... What Klay has meant to this franchise and as good as he still is, we desperately want him back."

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,246

Post#144 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 pm

Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

My point is obvious. Talking about Kerr as overall the entire package of 9 years is objectively stupid. We're ranking on what he does now, otherwise Dunn might as well start recruiting Magic, Bird and MJ. Kerr has done a bad job and there's been examples throughout the entire season listed, which people like you don't actually address.

But hey, live in delusional world. Highest wage bill in the league with one of the best players of all times to finish 10th in the league and lose to a team that was missing 2 key players with injury in a play in game.
Warriorfan
RealGM

Post#145 » by Warriorfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm

vvoland wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:This is a comical statement and it's incredibly aggravating. It offers zero insight and something you would see on twitter.

It's the favorite pastime for the board here. Claim "there are dozens of better coaches out there to replace Kerr" - fail to mention a single name they would want over Kerr. Similarly, "Klay is the most easily replaceable player in the NBA" - fail to mention who they'd bring in, especially considering the limitations the CBA puts on teams like the dubs starting this summer.

Historically good leaders are hard to replace and improve upon. They are retained for a long time by good organizations.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#146 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 pm

DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Don’t agree with that at all (not the Mike part)

1. Steph
2. Fox
3. Sabonis
4.Murray

And it’s getting closer between Steph and the rest. Sabonis is light years better than anything we have.

Edit to add - they are the only roster you could even conceivably make an argument for. The top eight are light years more talented than our roster.

Joku is around similar talent to Murray, they're just used differently. You can talk about talent all you want. Kerr had far and away the most talented team by a significant margin at FIBA last summer and failed. Not only did he win the whole thing, he couldn't even place in the top 3.

But sure, let's just focus on talent.

No doubt about it with the Olympics.

Agree ton disagree. Personally think it’s pretty delusional to think this roster was ever accomplishing anything with any coach in history you’d like to captain the ship.

Here's my issue with this, I don't think even with Spo that this team is winning the chip. They're not, and that's been stated by a lot of people on here. The issue is that they should be doing better. Kerr has done many things that objectively make no sense, and these issues have been repeated on here incandescently.

Also sometimes a coach is still great, but runs their course at a team. Doesn't mean that he will always be crap moving forward, but he and the team need a change from one another.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#147 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
"We need Klay back," Steve Kerr said after the game. "He's still got good years left. And I know I speak for everybody in the organization: We want him back. ... What Klay has meant to this franchise and as good as he still is, we desperately want him back."

4-years worth of player options coming up.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,066

Post#148 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:59 pm

once again, tapping the sign on one of the most intellectually lazy, bad faith arguments there is:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2351302#p110915668
Warriorfan
RealGM

Post#149 » by Warriorfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:03 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:This is a comical statement and it's incredibly aggravating. It offers zero insight and something you would see on twitter.

My point is obvious. Talking about Kerr as overall the entire package of 9 years is objectively stupid. We're ranking on what he does now, otherwise Dunn might as well start recruiting Magic, Bird and MJ. Kerr has done a bad job and there's been examples throughout the entire season listed, which people like you don't actually address.

But hey, live in delusional world. Highest wage bill in the league with one of the best players of all times to finish 10th in the league and lose to a team that was missing 2 key players with injury in a play in game.

Facts over opinion
Warriors increased their wins

Despite key players Green, CP3 and GP2 missing a quarter of the season.

Wiggins and Klay shooting Warrior lows.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Re: Official 2024 Offseason Moves 

Post#150 » by HiRez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

LOL it's like Sam Kineson was reincarnated as an NBA fan.
vvoland
Senior

Post#151 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:once again, tapping the sign on one of the most intellectually lazy, bad faith arguments there is:

The intellectually lazy argument is the side that actually wants an example of a better option vs the side that just screams "anyone but Kerr/Klay?"

I think your definition of lazy differs from the rest of the english speaking world.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,105

Post#152 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:15 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:once again, tapping the sign on one of the most intellectually lazy, bad faith arguments there is:

Went to and'1 that and realized I already had. I think a fresh set of unbiased/unattached eyes is likely what we need more than anything. At minimum, we need new assistant coaches that will come in with new ideas (if Kerr will listen).

I just shake my head at stuff like this... it's just unreal. Kerr is not in contact with reality.
Read on Twitter
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#153 » by HiRez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:16 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Facts over opinion

But those things are likely decline-related in large part (plus Draymond's always-present temper), and they are likely to only get worse next year, not better. So I don't think expecting a "bounce back" season is a good bet. Steph and Loon are worse too.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,066

Post#154 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:31 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:

Went to and'1 that and realized I already had. I think a fresh set of unbiased/unattached eyes is likely what we need more than anything. At minimum, we need new assistant coaches that will come in with new ideas (if Kerr will listen).

I just shake my head at stuff like this... it's just unreal. Kerr is not in contact with reality.
Read on Twitter

Yeah that’s just.. well, expected at this point. Don’t even know what to say anymore

But the laziness of asking someone to define an undefinable variable.. the same one they are implicitly using.. it’s gross. There’s only one known variable: how well is the current coach doing? If people *need* a variable to put it against, put it against the #15.5 coach in the NBA or, as suggested in the post, a replacement level coach.. because obviously fans know nothing about how these coaches actually operate
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#155 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:39 pm

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

4-years worth of player options coming up.

give Kerr the axe and promote Solidpants Armstrong :)
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#156 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 pm

Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:

Facts over opinion

Which part of that is an opinion? :lol:

The Warriors finished 10th with the highest wage bill in the league and one of the best players of all time, losing to a team missing 2 key players. Every team has injuries and problems, but go ahead and rely on that after another embarrassing end to the season.
vvoland
Senior

Post#157 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:49 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah that’s just.. well, expected at this point. Don’t even know what to say anymore

But the laziness of asking someone to define an undefinable variable.. the same one they are implicitly using.. it’s gross. There’s only one known variable: how well is the current coach doing? If people *need* a variable to put it against, put it against the #15.5 coach in the NBA or, as suggested in the post, a replacement level coach.. because obviously fans know nothing about how these coaches actually operate

Asking who the coach would be to replace kerr is "undefinable"? How well the current coach is doing is not a 'know variable.' Unless you're privy to play calls, locker room dynamics, injury news, etc all you can go by are team results and what you think the coach has to do with those results. Clearly defined variables are who the coach is and who the candidates would be to replace him.

No one is asking to project how a coaching candidate would coach this specific team. Saying Kerr needs to go so we can replace him with whomever is the lazy take. It's like saying, don't draft player A without saying who you would draft in that spot. Or the people who say player A is an all star without saying who they would leave off the team.

If your position is anyone with a brain can coach better than Steve, say that. Not sure you'd find the same level of agreement.

You want Kerr gone? Ok, I don't even think most people disagree. You think ANY coach will do a better job? I disagree. If the plan is to hire Kenny Atkinson, I'd rather keep Kerr. If it's brining in one of the van gundys or mark jackson, I'll pass. If it's jordi fernandez (who jsut got hired) or Ime Udoka last summer, then it's a conversation. Brad Stevens? Ok, let's talk. Anyone is better than Kerr is the laziest take you can have on this topic.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,052

Post#158 » by Jester_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:06 am

Warriorfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

People give Doc Rivers his "status" and he's won a championship. Is he a good coach?

This is such a lame lazy take
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 852

Post#159 » by DevinVassell » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 am

DonaldSanders wrote:

Read on Twitter

Fck me... your right, just unreal!

I'm not surprised though. Mountains of evidence and large sample size for this lunacy now.

I'll be making a decision very early next season. (maybe 5 games) if Klay is back on another inflated deal, if Kerr continues to give him unwarranted minutes over more deserving players, if we continue with undersized guard heavy rotations, refusing to adjust rotation in-game depending on the situation (no-flo), massive double standards for infallible aging vets etc etc... I'll be checking out as a long-time fan until he and his 32M are gone from this team. Don't have the time or patience to have my rational sensibilities offended by this apparent top fiver!
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#160 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:36 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:worst strawman in sports is this coach nonsense.. "then who?"

like anyone has intimate knowledge of how another coach would operate anyways

If you are talking about replacing the coach of the team then how is "then who" a strawman argument? It's literally THE topic.

I think Kerr is a great coach, the problem is the coaches around him. He needs coaches around him that has a strong voice, who can work well with him, who has strong ideas of his own, who can manage the players, who is defensive minded. He has made some good choices and some bad choices for his assistants. The question to me isn't then who is going to replace Kerr, but rather who is Kerr going to hire to fill his staff? Mike Brown just lost his top assistant to the Nets so he's going to be pulling from the same pool too.

My guess is he hires someone like Monty Williams or Mike Budenholzer if they don't get a job elsewhere and want to coach this year.

For me the ideal would be Chris Quinn, and Kerr could realistically tell him that he would be setting him up to replace Kerr in 2 years.

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point

That talking about who would coach is a strawman? It's literally not in a discussion about who should be coaching the team.

If your point is that we are far more clueless as outsiders ... that's what all sports talk among fans is, and you chose to come here.

Return to Golden State Warriors