ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Steve Kerr signs 2 yr extention, god help/s us. 

Post#121 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:32 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:worst strawman in sports is this coach nonsense.. "then who?"

like anyone has intimate knowledge of how another coach would operate anyways

If you are talking about replacing the coach of the team then how is "then who" a strawman argument? It's literally THE topic.

I think Kerr is a great coach, the problem is the coaches around him. He needs coaches around him that has a strong voice, who can work well with him, who has strong ideas of his own, who can manage the players, who is defensive minded. He has made some good choices and some bad choices for his assistants. The question to me isn't then who is going to replace Kerr, but rather who is Kerr going to hire to fill his staff? Mike Brown just lost his top assistant to the Nets so he's going to be pulling from the same pool too.

My guess is he hires someone like Monty Williams or Mike Budenholzer if they don't get a job elsewhere and want to coach this year.

For me the ideal would be Chris Quinn, and Kerr could realistically tell him that he would be setting him up to replace Kerr in 2 years.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,289

Post#122 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:39 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

If you are talking about replacing the coach of the team then how is "then who" a strawman argument? It's literally THE topic.

I think Kerr is a great coach, the problem is the coaches around him. He needs coaches around him that has a strong voice, who can work well with him, who has strong ideas of his own, who can manage the players, who is defensive minded. He has made some good choices and some bad choices for his assistants. The question to me isn't then who is going to replace Kerr, but rather who is Kerr going to hire to fill his staff? Mike Brown just lost his top assistant to the Nets so he's going to be pulling from the same pool too.

My guess is he hires someone like Monty Williams or Mike Budenholzer if they don't get a job elsewhere and want to coach this year.

For me the ideal would be Chris Quinn, and Kerr could realistically tell him that he would be setting him up to replace Kerr in 2 years.

Really anyone who is willing to play players based on merit and not based on relationships or past glory. Like Willie Green being able to bench Ingram and McCollum down the stretch because they were playing better with a more defensive lineup. Someone that will actually coach and not let the players just coach themselves. Who can do that? IDK i'm not interviewing coaches, we barely know what any of these coaches do. But it sure as hell isn't someone internally. These coaches have run their course and it needs to be someone from outside who isn't as attached and is willing to say this team 2025 is a completely different team. We aren't trying to rely on the glory from the past.

Hell even Bill Walsh was like realistically coaches should only coach for like 6 years. Your messages don't hit the same. Your relationships take over your ability to actually coach. It's obvious Kerr's relationships with the players hinders his ability to coach them.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#123 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 pm

He’s really not a good coach. He’s like those middle managers that get promoted because they match what the executives think a manager should look like. They are great when the company is flush with cash and living off legacy products. They take credit for being in the right place at the right time, but when they actually have to manage during the bad times, they can’t do it. They were there just for appearance and most of the time like locusts they leave after things have been eaten.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#124 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 pm

He's an all-time great, he's just not right for the current team. Organizations didn't keep KC Jones, Pat Riley, or Phil Jackson around to coach the mediocre teams at the end of their dynasties either. I have no idea why we extended him for 2 years, I'm guessing Lacob is delusional and thinks they can still be a contender.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 454

Post#125 » by superunknown » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 pm

they should have fired his ass not extending his contract for 2 more seasons.
he's been a top 15 coach all time, now he's just an impostor.
DB23
Junior
And1: 394

Post#126 » by DB23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 pm

Impuniti wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Moody was a better player most of the year and Kerr gave those minutes to a Klay.
TJD should have been at center all year.
Kuminga forced himself into the starting lineup.
Midget ball lineup changes after taking big leads with the young athletic players - choking those leads away or losing super close games.

These alone = crap performance by the head coach.

32' - Klay, 0/10 shooting, 0 points. and as usual crap defense.
15' - Moody, 5/8 shooting, 16 points, better defense.

It's not the coach's fault, all about talent!! In a game that Brown was doubling and focusing entirely to stop Curry the entire game. Great gameplan by Kerr and master adaptation throughout the game. It's all because of lack of talent though.

Outside of Steph, where is the talent? Specifically who?

Worse than average at every position besides Steph.

And moody had two good moments the whole season. He’s not proved a thing in this league.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 454

Post#127 » by superunknown » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 pm

DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Moody was a better player most of the year and Kerr gave those minutes to a Klay.
Midget ball lineup changes after taking big leads with the young athletic players - choking those leads away or losing super close games.

It's not the coach's fault, all about talent!! In a game that Brown was doubling and focusing entirely to stop Curry the entire game. Great gameplan by Kerr and master adaptation throughout the game. It's all because of lack of talent though.

And moody had two good moments the whole season. He’s not proved a thing in this league.

and klay had many bad moments the whole season yet played heavy minutes that didn't deserve to play. he's proved is not a 30mins guy for a contender in this league any more.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#128 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:55 pm

DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

I like the part where you don't dispute what I actually said but go on talent level tangent. What is sad is the level that fandoms will go to protect something.

The two rooks are in the top 10 best rookies for the season, Wiggins, Dray and CP3 are talented players. It's not a team of Gleaguers + Steph.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#129 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:56 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He's an all-time great, he's just not right for the current team. Organizations didn't keep KC Jones, Pat Riley, or Phil Jackson around to coach the mediocre teams at the end of their dynasties either. I have no idea why we extended him for 2 years, I'm guessing Lacob is delusional and thinks they can still be a contender.

Not much of a guess.
DB23
Junior

Post#130 » by DB23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:12 pm

Impuniti wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:32' - Klay, 0/10 shooting, 0 points. and as usual crap defense.

I like the part where you don't dispute what I actually said but go on talent level tangent. What is sad is the level that fandoms will go to protect something.

The two rooks are in the top 10 best rookies for the season, Wiggins, Dray and CP3 are talented players. It's not a team of Gleaguers + Steph.

I don’t particularly care if it’s just me who thinks it but I’d take elite talent over elite coaching every day of the week. That is to say, imo we have a big talent problem on the roster.

And likewise, you didn’t dispute that everyone you mentioned is below average at their position.

What teams who finished above us in the west have less talent than us?
DB23
Junior

Post#131 » by DB23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:16 pm

superunknown wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:32' - Klay, 0/10 shooting, 0 points. and as usual crap defense.

and klay had many bad moments the whole season yet played heavy minutes that didn't deserve to play. he's proved is not a 30mins guy for a contender in this league any more.

Don’t disagree with that at all. I’ve been calling for him to be benched all season and Personally don’t want to see him re-signed for anything over the minimum.

I also agree that obvs Kerr defaults to klay when he shouldn’t. I’d have preferred podz be starting in his place.

I’m just saying that even with kerr’s mistakes this season, even him coaching perfectly wouldn’t do much to improve the end result because the roster is no good.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,693

Post#132 » by WarriorGM » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:19 pm

DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
DB23 wrote:

I don’t particularly care if it’s just me who thinks it but I’d take elite talent over elite coaching every day of the week. That is to say, imo we have a big talent problem on the roster.

And likewise, you didn’t dispute that everyone you mentioned is below average at their position.

Sacramento.

Mike Brown outcoached Steve Kerr.
DB23
Junior

Post#133 » by DB23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:22 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I like the part where you don't dispute what I actually said but go on talent level tangent. What is sad is the level that fandoms will go to protect something.

Sacramento.

Don’t agree with that at all (not the Mike part)

1. Steph
2. Fox
3. Sabonis
4.Murray

And it’s getting closer between Steph and the rest. Sabonis is light years better than anything we have.

Edit to add - they are the only roster you could even conceivably make an argument for. The top eight are light years more talented than our roster.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#134 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:33 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Re: Official 2024 Offseason Moves 

Post#135 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:48 pm

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#136 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 pm

I made it 3 seconds into that video, and I assume that's the high score

I'm sure its got some valid points in there, but I really hope someone who's deaf can help us out and paraphrase what basketball Sam Kinnison is trying to tell us. He's frequently wrong about coverages and assignments too :dontknow:
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#137 » by billinder33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 pm

"put your hands up Draymond!!"
Draymond puts his hands up
"Why Are Your Hands Not Up Draymond!!"
Draymond keeps his hands up, dude shoots a tough fallaway jumper over Dray's vertical reach
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DRAYMOND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!! DYNASTY OVER!!!!! RAAAWWRRRRHRJFNDW$#@*#&$@!!!111!!1!!1!1!!!"

This idiot makes Angry Stephen A look like a f**ing Nobel Peace Prize laureate. 57K subscribers and probably makes a poverty-level income from these phony, autistic meltdowns. Why do people keep reposting this base level idiot?
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#138 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:14 pm

DB23 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
DB23 wrote:

Sacramento.

1. Steph
2. Fox
3. Sabonis
4.Murray

And it’s getting closer between Steph and the rest. Sabonis is light years better than anything we have.

Edit to add - they are the only roster you could even conceivably make an argument for. The top eight are light years more talented than our roster.

Joku is around similar talent to Murray, they're just used differently. You can talk about talent all you want. Kerr had far and away the most talented team by a significant margin at FIBA last summer and failed. Not only did he win the whole thing, he couldn't even place in the top 3.

But sure, let's just focus on talent.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#139 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 pm

Impuniti wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:He's an all-time great, he's just not right for the current team. Organizations didn't keep KC Jones, Pat Riley, or Phil Jackson around to coach the mediocre teams at the end of their dynasties either. I have no idea why we extended him for 2 years, I'm guessing Lacob is delusional and thinks they can still be a contender.

Not much of a guess.

Still 100x better than our previous regime, so I won't get on him too much. I can also understand being loyal to players that brought you 4 championships but it's time to face reality.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
DB23
Junior

Post#140 » by DB23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:29 pm

Impuniti wrote:
DB23 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Sacramento.

1. Steph
2. Fox
3. Sabonis
4.Murray

Joku is around similar talent to Murray, they're just used differently. You can talk about talent all you want. Kerr had far and away the most talented team by a significant margin at FIBA last summer and failed. Not only did he win the whole thing, he couldn't even place in the top 3.

But sure, let's just focus on talent.

No doubt about it with the Olympics.

Agree ton disagree. Personally think it’s pretty delusional to think this roster was ever accomplishing anything with any coach in history you’d like to captain the ship.

Return to Golden State Warriors