ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins Out for Personal Reasons The Sequel

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Wiggins Out for Personal Reasons The Sequel 

Post#61 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:58 pm

Impuniti wrote:I don't know what issues he has with his family, I really do wish him the best when it comes to his personal problems. But he needs to get his bags packed up and sent to another city this summer. If you don't play, you have no value as a player. Especially one that gets 25 million a year and is pivotal to the success of the team.

First off, the Dubs are a classy organization that doesn't treat people the way you are suggesting. Second, any organization that does take such a route is going to suffer come free agency - since they will be viewed as player and player family unfriendly. Just put yourself in a player's shoes. You've got two job offers. But, one employer lets it be known that if your kid gets sick and you need time off from work, your office will be moved to the storage room. Watcha gonna do? :D

GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#62 » by thunderdunk » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:07 pm

So, does Wiggins have kids? Last year it was supposedly his father...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#63 » by Onus » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:11 pm

thunderdunk wrote:So, does Wiggins have kids? Last year it was supposedly his father...

It's probably his father again
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#64 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:28 pm

thunderdunk wrote:So, does Wiggins have kids? Last year it was supposedly his father...

Your level of suspicion makes me wonder whether you were one of those kids in grade school who was absent on 5 or 6 different occasions due to the death of a grandparent. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#65 » by wco81 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:54 pm

Kerr hopes he returns this season.

Ridiculous if it happens again, miss the last third of the season again.

He needs to hire a caretaker and if he has adult siblings or uncles and aunts, pay them to take care of this.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#66 » by HiRez » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:01 pm

wco81 wrote:Kerr hopes he returns this season.

That statement is highly concerning and implies they don't think it's going to be a short-term thing. Don't forget last time he came back from the extended absence he was god-awful for a long time. Do we really want to try integrating him in that kind of state approaching or even during the playin/playoffs? It would be very risky and force some tough decisions on Kerr. Probably the final nail in the coffin for his starting status for the near future, that job is Kuminga's and he's not giving it back. Now with Klay clearly better off the bench you'd think Moody should be starting for Wiggins permanently, right? When Wiggins comes back, he should have to earn minutes all over again.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#67 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:38 pm

Your average employee's only real motivation is not to be hassled. Now, it's possible that this whole having to physically report to work thing has simply become too much of a hassle for Wiggins. In which case, hypothetically (thinking way outside the box here), maybe Wiggins is an appropriate candidate for an alternative remote work assignment where he only has to report to work whenever the Dubs play in Canada. That and a stock option equity sharing program. Someone needs to get HR on this stat. :lol:

Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#68 » by Asianiac_24 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:58 pm

All the personal reasons are coming out after he got the contract. Guys like Wiggins and Simmons are thiefs
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#69 » by watch1958 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:20 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:All the personal reasons are coming out after he got the contract. Guys like Wiggins and Simmons are thiefs

Thanks for participating. Invaluable insight.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#70 » by superunknown » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:20 am

wtf
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#71 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:32 am

His absence appears to have virtually no discernible impact.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,018

Post#72 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:09 am

Sleepy51 wrote:His absence appears to have virtually no discernible impact.

Mainly because we were DNP'ing an excellent player who is now taking his minutes.

Small sample size but Moody with the game high +/- for the last two games.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#73 » by killmongrel » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:36 am

Now imagine the potential of the team with Wiggins.

Still waiting to see Steph/Wiggins/Moody/Kuminga/Draymond.
multo
Rookie
And1: 457

Post#74 » by multo » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:18 am

Hope he plays next game as he is our best Tatum defender, but I doubt he does.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#75 » by Impuniti » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:56 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Impuniti wrote:No player is able to take time off and just come back with the perfect rhythm. On top of that, they need him because it's a huge difference to making 6th vs playing two play-in games (presuming they even win). Add to it even more with Kerr's disturbing hardon for overplaying all these old timers and then wondering why they keep getting punked on the 4th quarter with regularity.

Playoffs are often won by small 1-2% extra for a certain player or team here and there, and the idea that Wiggins can come back whenever and just be that good where it doesn't matter is crazy arrogant to me. I really don't get this thinking.

I don't know what issues he has with his family, I really do wish him the best when it comes to his personal problems. But he needs to get his bags packed up and sent to another city this summer. If you don't play, you have no value as a player. Especially one that gets 25 million a year and is pivotal to the success of the team.

for what?

Does it suck he's left the team again? Absolutely.. but what if the beginning of the season Wiggins was a result of *not* taking the time off then? We know how good Wiggins can be when on this team, we also know how bereft the team is of value to add in any trades.. no cap space, no 1st this year, very little chance of improvement. And if we sell Wiggins low, we're probably not going to get anything good in return. Don't make a bad situation worse.. odds are still very against Wiggins being out as long as he was last season. And unlike last season, the correct person is being dropped in his place, a player that was inexplicably out of the rotation before this

With Podz hitting a bit of a wall in his shooting and Klay sinking fast, there's just as good a chance that Moody integrates himself into the rotation while reducing the minutes of struggling teammates just in time for the playoffs. And if Wiggins struggles upon returning, Moody can eat those minutes too. Its a lot lower risk than last year when Kuminga was thrown into the SF role, frequently with Draymond/Looney, and spacing suffered. Or when that POS 40 ate a bunch of the minutes

There's no odds on this at all. You nor anyone here has any clue whatsoever regarding when Wiggins is back. He could also go on another personal quest next season and tank another season. Yes it would suck to trade him because his value would be low, but I'll take someone that's going to play over someone that isn't. The best trait is availability.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#76 » by Impuniti » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:57 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:

Mainly because we were DNP'ing an excellent player who is now taking his minutes.

Can't wait until geniuses on here start giving Kerr credit for it, how he took the right time to unleash him instead of fumbling on his ass again like Joku and being forced to play him due to suspensions/injuries.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#77 » by Impuniti » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:03 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I don't know what issues he has with his family, I really do wish him the best when it comes to his personal problems. But he needs to get his bags packed up and sent to another city this summer. If you don't play, you have no value as a player. Especially one that gets 25 million a year and is pivotal to the success of the team.

First off, the Dubs are a classy organization that doesn't treat people the way you are suggesting. Second, any organization that does take such a route is going to suffer come free agency - since they will be viewed as player and player family unfriendly. Just put yourself in a player's shoes. You've got two job offers. But, one employer lets it be known that if your kid gets sick and you need time off from work, your office will be moved to the storage room. Watcha gonna do? :D

This is not treating people bad. Treating people with disrespect is what happened to Smart who was with one organization and did everything for the team only to be traded like he was nothing (after being promised days earlier the opposite).

Your second point is based on wild guessing, which I completely disagree on. I don't see people being shaken that an organization doesn't want a player in the team who ends up leaving and missing half a season, then does the same thing again. Organizations have done worse like the Celtics and still get quality players. You know what's far worse than Wiggins being sent who gives a **** where next summer? Having a young kid get TKO, caught on camera, then give complete impunity to the jackass that does who happens to make a documentary about him being a victim days later. Then trades that kid 1 season later. I guess you weren't worried about players not joining the Warriors org because of it, since I don't remember you mentioning that all that much.

Lets not act like the Wiggins situation is something we have seen in basketball, ever.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#78 » by Romulus » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:32 pm

At work, we just had an employee get fired because threatening weather was coming and she wanted to take off early. She asked, the boss said no. She left anyway. She was fired the next day. Welcome to real life.

In what world can you just take a leave of absence whenever you feel like it for a family emergency -- and do it for two years in a row? You make millions of dollars and have an entire group of teammates counting on you. At the most critical time, you go awol and give no timeline to return. Also, did anyone notice he did it right AFTER the trading deadline?

If it's his father and he's sick? I feel bad for him but you can't just take off like this for as long as you want.

I'm fed up. Sorry.

Even though Moody has played well, this only results in more opportunities for Kerr to play more guards. Not having Wiggins until just before the season ends is unacceptable, sorry.

I absolutely would trade him in off season regardless. This is a bunch of crap.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#79 » by killmongrel » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:52 pm

Impuniti wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

Can't wait until geniuses on here start giving Kerr credit for it, how he took the right time to unleash him instead of fumbling on his ass again like Joku and being forced to play him due to suspensions/injuries.

:lol:

I felt like I was taking crazy pills when I was reading comments like that from some posters.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#80 » by Bayside » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:22 pm

Everyone deals with the same stuff in life mostly. Your parents die. Some people like me, happens when your young, You can loose siblings too. etc. Divorces etc. BUt we all have to go on. It is an extreme luxury and privilege to have this kind leeway. I lived in several countries, and most outside of the states are way more giving in labor negotiation's and workers benefits etc. USA is pretty low on that. So kudos for the organization to care for employees. Its just hard to rationalize because we do not know what the core deal is.

I really hope his kid has not been going though something. If that was the case for me, I would have left work though for good.. It is my kid. Maybe something went away and came back.

When it is your kid, its a total different ballgame. Your not supposed to outlive your child. That situation is the worst.

Who knows.

If its the Mrs. Then whatever dude

Return to Golden State Warriors