ImageImageImageImageImage

Loss Column

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,396

Re: Loss Column 

Post#301 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:29 am

The core is not going to change - and it's getting older by the day.

Kerr is here to stay as well.

Changes could come by 3 angles:

- Better front office talent: improved drafting, scouting, trades to round up the roster.

- New blood at the coaching staff: better rotations, sub patterns, in-game adjustments.

- Marked improvement from our young players: we simply need a better "best 2nd/3rd player" relative to our competitors. Will Kuminga make this jump? Will Moody improve at the point of being considered a starter level player? Will Podz and TJD make another jump in production? Will Garuba be a rotation player next season? And so on.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#302 » by superunknown » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:14 pm

Coxy wrote:
floppymoose wrote:On Jan 27, GSW lost to LAL in double OT and fell to 19-24. Since then they have gone 25-11.

We've also won 8 out of our last 9.

Terrible coaching job and Klay sucks.

and we're also 10th in the west. what are we talking about here?
nice cherry picking btw, like the first half of the season doesn't count.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#303 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:44 pm

Kings loss vs Blazers and a lakers loss vs pelicans, abd we can still get 8th.

Slim chance, but still a chance.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#304 » by svart » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:10 pm

superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:
floppymoose wrote:On Jan 27, GSW lost to LAL in double OT and fell to 19-24. Since then they have gone 25-11.

Talking about cherrypicking, lol
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#305 » by vvoland » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm

superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:

The first half of the season counts but this isn't cherry picking, in the last 38 games the warriors are 26-12. Cherrypicking would be saying, we went 5-0 in a random week in Feb. Those last 38 games have been road heavy, travel heavier and "coincide" with dray not getting suspended.

Going 19-24 in the 43 games prior to this run is the reason we're in 10. Lots of reasons we started that poorly, late game disasters and dray's suspensions top the list, at least, for me.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#306 » by floppymoose » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:04 pm

superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Wait, what? Who is cherry picking? I posted the record for all parts of the season.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#307 » by superunknown » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:35 pm

floppymoose wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Wait, what? Who is cherry picking? I posted the record for all parts of the season.

8 of last 9 is a bit cherrypicking. or not?
was referree to this.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#308 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 am

I was actually hoping at one point the Lakers would move to the 8 spot so that they would get in without playing the Warriors. Although Warriors have the head to head against the Warriors, I think AD was missing in two of those.

I like the Warriors playing Kings and then the loser of the 7/8 matchup with a shot to get into the 8th spot and a possible round 1 upset.

But then...Warriors have shown zero proof they are able to play complete big games and win close games against good teams so .... at least they might still be playing.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#309 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:16 am

I fear the refs helping the Lakers.

If the Lakers beat the Pelicans and beat the 7 seed with the help of the refs then the Warriors do not have to beat the Lakers and the refs. I think I want the Lakers to beat the Pelicans.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#310 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:38 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I was actually hoping at one point the Lakers would move to the 8 spot so that they would get in without playing the Warriors. Although Warriors have the head to head against the Warriors, I think AD was missing in two of those.

I like the Warriors playing Kings and then the loser of the 7/8 matchup with a shot to get into the 8th spot and a possible round 1 upset.

But then...Warriors have shown zero proof they are able to play complete big games and win close games against good teams so .... at least they might still be playing.

I agree. Kings are playing bad. Lakers are not playing that well.
I do not want to face the Lakers in a 9 vs 10 play in with the refs helping the Lakers.

So lets play the 9 vs 10 play in vs the Kings who I think the Warriors can beat. Then we get the loser of 7 vs 8 that will be Lakers, Suns or Pelicans. If refs are not helping the Lakers then I think we can beat the Lakers. If refs are going to help the Lakers in the 7 vs 8 game then Lakers win that game and we don’t have to beat the refs. I think we can beat the Pelicans and Sund who are 2nd tier good teams.

Sometimes we beat 2nd tier good teams and sometimes we lost to 2nd tier good teams. I don’t think we played our A game vs the Pelicans the last game. I bet we would play better than that and beat the Pelicans by not letting the Pelicans dominate the 1st half.

Warriors really have not had killer instinct this year. Sometimes Warriors look like they look good and sometimes they look like garbage. Very inconsistent and unfocussed and Lazy. I hope Play in games can get the Warriors to focus and play defense and play hard. Are the Warriors too old to play hard. Warriors are slow but skilled if Klay is shooting well. If the Warriors play hard their skill should triumph. Klay shooting seems like the biggest dice roll. We will play Klay but will he hit shots? If Klay and Curry are hitting shots and warriors set screens for them the Warriors are dificult to beat if the Warriors are also playing defense. Kuminga has lost his scoring grooving but he could get his groove back.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#311 » by watch1958 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 am

For the Utah game JK is questionable, GP2 is out.

As for the vets, all 4 of the Old Patrol are listed as questionable.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#312 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:57 pm

Read on Twitter

It coukd be a gamble to rest steph, dray, cp3, and klay especially with gp2 and jk also out.

Watch the 8th seed on the line in the 4th and kerr trots oit a 3g line up of podz Lester, and Spencer. :banghead:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#313 » by xdrta+ » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:08 pm

The Kings at 16.5 point favorites are not losing to Portland. Henderson, Ayton both questionable, other guys out. Warriors need to rest everyone to get ready for tough games this week.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#314 » by WarriorGM » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:48 pm

Does anyone have the probabilities of the Warriors coming 8th, 9th, or 10th?

9th or 10th seems virtually assured is my guess but I think being 9th might still be worth expending a little effort. The Lakers getting a favorable whistle is known but that favorable whistle is even more noticeable when they play on their home court.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#315 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:29 pm

Put Warriors Kings Lakers tournament in a google search and the results are all rooting for the Lakers or or all about the Lakers. It annoys me.

Growing up in Boston with big media only caring about New York I should have been used to this but LA and New York annoy me.
Chicago does not get attention like LA and New York.

Dallas and Miami may be ahead of Chicago for attention despite Chicago being the 3rd biggest metro area.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#316 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Not looking forward to a play in game vs the lakers.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,951

Post#317 » by whatisacenter » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:01 pm

No Steph and Draymond today….they should still win but seeding doesn’t seem like a priority.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#318 » by superunknown » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:15 pm

whatisacenter wrote:No Steph and Draymond today….they should still win but seeding doesn’t seem like a priority.

'cuz SAC plays the blazers.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#319 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:23 pm

superunknown wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
superunknown wrote:

8 of last 9 is a bit cherrypicking. or not?
was referree to this.

I was rolling off the back of what Floppy was pointing out, the cold hard facts about how we went after the woeful start.

No-one cherry picked anything.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#320 » by xdrta+ » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm

The Pelicans are highly motivated against LAL today, since a loss coupled with a Phoenix win against Minny would drop NO from 6th into the play-in. Plus, they have Ingram back today. A Laker loss and Warrior win would give the W's home court at least.

It's too bad the Kings are playing the Blazers because both a Laker loss and Sac loss would shoot the Warriors up to 8th (with W's win, of course.)

Return to Golden State Warriors