Game 62: Warriors vs Bulls

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Game 62: Warriors vs Bulls 

Post#201 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:45 pm

Onus wrote:I just don't get when Kerr developed this aversion to defense

I thought the starters were good defensively. It's when kerr started messing around with rotations and used some of those no defense combos we got into trouble.

Benching wiggins (minute restriction?) and gp2 (hurt?) our 2 clear best perimeter defenders), especially when the bulls were going small, was odd. Moody, who is our 3rd best perimeter defender also got taken out.. We countered by going small, slow, and dumb.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,289

Post#202 » by Onus » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:50 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Onus wrote:I just don't get when Kerr developed this aversion to defense

I thought the starters were good defensively. It's when kerr started messing around with rotations and used some of those no defense combos we got into trouble.

Benching wiggins (minute restriction?) and gp2 (hurt?) our 2 clear best perimeter defenders), especially when the bulls were going small, was odd. Moody, who is our 3rd best perimeter defender also got taken out.. We countered by going small, slow, and dumb.

feels like he's going to go down with cp3, klay to close games no matter what. Even though they're coming off the bench.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#203 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:24 pm

cpower wrote:again, we are the record says we are, we are losing to a team that has nobody other than Vuc and DD and both went off. This team is .500 at best with full force and still has no decent lineup to close and 1st/2nd round exit at best.

I have have zero confidence that we can beat lakers or suns in the playin games.

I mean... the team has seldom been at full force, and is above .500. The only way your statement makes sense is if having us at full force would make us worse. Strangely, that is somehow not a completely crazy idea, but I doubt that's what you were saying.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#204 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:41 pm

So let me check my notes [checks notes] our bench, which has been good most of the season is now bad. Hmmm what changed with the bench unit recently?

Klay is un-him

Walk away this summer. Take the tax savings joe. You’ve earned it.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#205 » by watch1958 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:23 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:So let me check my notes [checks notes] our bench, which has been good most of the season is now bad. Hmmm what changed with the bench unit recently?

Klay is un-him

I’m thinking they told Kerr they’d bring Klay back.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,177

Post#206 » by cpower » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:23 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
cpower wrote:again, we are the record says we are, we are losing to a team that has nobody other than Vuc and DD and both went off. This team is .500 at best with full force and still has no decent lineup to close and 1st/2nd round exit at best.

I have have zero confidence that we can beat lakers or suns in the playin games.

I mean... the team has seldom been at full force, and is above .500. The only way your statement makes sense is if having us at full force would make us worse. Strangely, that is somehow not a completely crazy idea, but I doubt that's what you were saying.

you are probably speaking too soon, just wait for the end and see the record, we will be .500
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#207 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:58 pm

What Klay had to say after the game sounds ominous.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112157-klay-thompson-warriors-will-miss-steph-curry-if-he-cant-play-due-to-ankle-injury

I didn't see the actual video though, so I can't say whether or not it was delivered in a gleefully apocalyptic manner ala Katie Britt. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#208 » by HiRez » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:05 pm

The lack of any news about Steph by now doesn't feel good, if it was something minor you'd think they'd have said so by now. Then again, the Warriors usually operate in a very protective bubble of information (see: Wiggins' absences) so maybe it doesn't mean anything.

But in any case, having your foot in a bucket of ice water makes it sound like he's going to miss at least a game or two.
Onus
RealGM

Post#209 » by Onus » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:06 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:So let me check my notes [checks notes] our bench, which has been good most of the season is now bad. Hmmm what changed with the bench unit recently?

Klay is un-him

This. The reports some team is willing to offer him 20+M/ year gives us the perfect get out of jail free card without getting their hands dirty. Him making shots is fools gold. His defense and rebounding are god awful and we just don't have the team makeup to make up for it. Kerr obviously can't coach him, too much history and loyalty. You chose to give Kerr 2 years. Have to let Klay go.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#210 » by watch1958 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:13 pm

Onus wrote:

Klay is un-him

This. The reports some team is willing to offer him 20+M/ year gives us the perfect get out of jail free card without getting their hands dirty. Him making shots is fools gold. His defense and rebounding are god awful and we just don't have the team makeup to make up for it. Kerr obviously can't coach him, too much history and loyalty. You chose to give Kerr 2 years. Have to let Klay go.
Onus wrote:

Klay is un-him

I suspect part of the Kerr deal was the team agreeing to leave open the 2/48 deal.

So we need to hope someone offers him a four year contract , or something around 30 per.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#211 » by Dubs 707 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:25 pm

Seeing how he's played this season for us I'd offer a 2/30 deal.
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
Onus
RealGM

Post#212 » by Onus » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:33 pm

watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:

Klay is un-him

Onus wrote:

Klay is un-him

I suspect part of the Kerr deal was the team agreeing to leave open the 2/48 deal.

So we need to hope someone offers him a four year contract , or something around 30 per.

What makes you suspect that?
watch1958
General Manager

Post#213 » by watch1958 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:24 pm

Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:This. The reports some team is willing to offer him 20+M/ year gives us the perfect get out of jail free card without getting their hands dirty. Him making shots is fools gold. His defense and rebounding are god awful and we just don't have the team makeup to make up for it. Kerr obviously can't coach him, too much history and loyalty. You chose to give Kerr 2 years. Have to let Klay go.
Onus wrote:This. The reports some team is willing to offer him 20+M/ year gives us the perfect get out of jail free card without getting their hands dirty. Him making shots is fools gold. His defense and rebounding are god awful and we just don't have the team makeup to make up for it. Kerr obviously can't coach him, too much history and loyalty. You chose to give Kerr 2 years. Have to let Klay go.

Kerr has always said that he wants the core together. Also, the way he’s handled Klay and Moody seems to me like he wanted to ensure Klay could get an extension.

So when the length of Kerr’s contract matches the previous offer to Klay, plus Klay is now okay going to the bench, it makes sense. The club would never agree to re-signing him for an open ended amount, but I could see them telling Kerr that the 2/48 was still on the table.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#214 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:15 am

I literally just remembered LaVine was out. Lol says how much he impacts the game
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#215 » by jozef » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:13 am

EvanZ wrote:
jozef wrote:I did not watch the game yet, but looking briefly at boxscore and play-by-play still I boldly predict what were the lapses.
Hurting our ability to rotate and rebound:
- going small with GPII, Moody or Klay at PF
- going small with CP3 at PG and Steph (Podz) at SG
- assigning PF Kuminga to perimeter player (DeRozan)
I also do not like Podz at SG in the offense. There is simply lack of athleticism and skills. He should be mostly backup PG (sorry, CP3).

You did not watch the game and concluded that Moody was a defense and rebounding issue. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I have watched.
- GP2 at PF and we went from 81-77 to 81-85, kind of turnaround
- CP3 at PG and Steph at SG for 5 minutes 10-14, not big deal, but still...
- JK is power forward who misses movement nuances to defend outside players, it was waste of big body. Mood did not do anything either on DeRozan. Wiggins was so-so. Klay was by far the best defender on DeRozan who could not score on 3 or 4 possessions on him. And I'd put Podz on DeRozan, he did great job on Harden.

The worst part was from 85-90 to 87-99 when three times Dray sagged off player (without real need for rotation) and they punished him with three pointers. (Klay missed 2 3pters in that span otherwise he played very well). Same thing happened to Steph, CP3 and Podz throughout the game, they were lurking too long near the paint when no help was needed. Wiggins needs to play at least 25 minutes, there is no reason to go small. Steve should learn a lesson in World Cup. Last playoffs. This season struggles. There has to be size and athleticism. The Bulls did not fear at all. Nobody does. And Vucevic played well.
Onus
RealGM

Post#216 » by Onus » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:15 am

watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:I suspect part of the Kerr deal was the team agreeing to leave open the 2/48 deal.

Kerr has always said that he wants the core together. Also, the way he’s handled Klay and Moody seems to me like he wanted to ensure Klay could get an extension.

So when the length of Kerr’s contract matches the previous offer to Klay, plus Klay is now okay going to the bench, it makes sense. The club would never agree to re-signing him for an open ended amount, but I could see them telling Kerr that the 2/48 was still on the table.

If the 2/48 was still on the table Klay would be signed.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#217 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:13 am

jozef wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
jozef wrote:I did not watch the game yet, but looking briefly at boxscore and play-by-play still I boldly predict what were the lapses.
Hurting our ability to rotate and rebound:
- going small with GPII, Moody or Klay at PF
- going small with CP3 at PG and Steph (Podz) at SG
- assigning PF Kuminga to perimeter player (DeRozan)
I also do not like Podz at SG in the offense. There is simply lack of athleticism and skills. He should be mostly backup PG (sorry, CP3).

You did not watch the game and concluded that Moody was a defense and rebounding issue. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I have watched.
- JK is power forward who misses movement nuances to defend outside players, it was waste of big body. Mood did not do anything either on DeRozan. Wiggins was so-so. Klay was by far the best defender on DeRozan who could not score on 3 or 4 possessions on him. And I'd put Podz on DeRozan, he did great job on Harden.

The worst part was from 85-90 to 87-99 when three times Dray sagged off player (without real need for rotation) and they punished him with three pointers. (Klay missed 2 3pters in that span otherwise he played very well). Same thing happened to Steph, CP3 and Podz throughout the game, they were lurking too long near the paint when no help was needed. Wiggins needs to play at least 25 minutes, there is no reason to go small. Steve should learn a lesson in World Cup. Last playoffs. This season struggles. There has to be size and athleticism. The Bulls did not fear at all. Nobody does. And Vucevic played well.

Like I said before. You didn’t watch the game.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#218 » by watch1958 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:13 am

Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:What makes you suspect that?

Knowing it is still on the table, Klay probably wants to test the market. I’m curious whether the Dubs will go one penny over their prior offer.
Onus
RealGM

Post#219 » by Onus » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:56 am

watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Kerr has always said that he wants the core together. Also, the way he’s handled Klay and Moody seems to me like he wanted to ensure Klay could get an extension.

Knowing it is still on the table, Klay probably wants to test the market. I’m curious whether the Dubs will go one penny over their prior offer.

Tk said in a pod that it’s not on the table currently.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#220 » by jozef » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:26 am

EvanZ wrote:
jozef wrote:
EvanZ wrote:You did not watch the game and concluded that Moody was a defense and rebounding issue. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I have watched.

Like I said before. You didn’t watch the game.

I watched it later. What did you find wrong in my evaluation?

Return to Golden State Warriors