ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 65: Warriors @ Mavs. 5:30pm PT

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Re: Game 65: Warriors @ Mavs. 5:30pm PT 

Post#181 » by whatisacenter » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:58 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:I think the strength in numbers approach is enough to get us in the play-in and maybe one round further. I think the problem with this team the way it's constructed is that we don't have that #2 scoring option behind curry.
Kuminga might be that guy in a couple of years, but other than that the biggest let-down for curry and this organization in pursuit of a 5th ring is not having a scottie pippen to our michael jordan.
At least the lakers have AD for lebron and Phoenix has booker for KD. Even Sac-town has sabonis for fox. But until kuminga takes that role we are destined to be 1 and dones.

How is that working out for the Lakers? They are one game ahead of the Warriors.

Curry has had plenty of talent next to him during this dynastic run....I don't feel like they have let down Curry and I'm sure the FO would have moved off of Dray and Klay if Curry had asked them to.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,354

Post#182 » by Onus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:22 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Nvnervous45 wrote:I think the strength in numbers approach is enough to get us in the play-in and maybe one round further. I think the problem with this team the way it's constructed is that we don't have that #2 scoring option behind curry.
Kuminga might be that guy in a couple of years, but other than that the biggest let-down for curry and this organization in pursuit of a 5th ring is not having a scottie pippen to our michael jordan.
At least the lakers have AD for lebron and Phoenix has booker for KD. Even Sac-town has sabonis for fox. But until kuminga takes that role we are destined to be 1 and dones.

How is that working out for the Lakers? They are one game ahead of the Warriors.

Curry has had plenty of talent next to him during this dynastic run....I don't feel like they have let down Curry and I'm sure the FO would have moved off of Dray and Klay if Curry had asked them to.

What is the front office being paid to do? If it’s just to do whatever curry says, why are they being paid anything? A monkey can do that.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#183 » by whatisacenter » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:56 pm

Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

What is the front office being paid to do? If it’s just to do whatever curry says, why are they being paid anything? A monkey can do that.

I think any FO would cater to a superstar with the success that Curry has had with the Warriors and I just don't agree with fans who complain about the team not doing enough for Steph.

I was also told all offseason by most here that Curry would request a trade if the team didn't bring back Draymond.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#184 » by superunknown » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:45 am

whatisacenter wrote:

well, first of all last season the lakers eliminated the warriors and reached the WCF.
second, you're missing the point here. the point is the lakers (or the suns or the bucks, etc.) added a secon violin next to their superstar. it worked? it didn't work? they tried at least to maximize their superstar's window. the warriors did not. in the last 3-4 years curry hasn't had that plenty of talent around him you refer to. he def never had a second star next to him since 2019. and the argument about curry having to ask to move this or that player is just lame. it's not his job.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#185 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 am

superunknown wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

well, first of all last season the lakers eliminated the warriors and reached the WCF.
second, you're missing the point here. the point is the lakers (or the suns or the bucks, etc.) added a secon violin next to their superstar. it worked? it didn't work? they tried at least to maximize their superstar's window. the warriors did not. in the last 3-4 years curry hasn't had that plenty of talent around him you refer to. he def never had a second star next to him since 2019. and the argument about curry having to ask to move this or that player is just lame. it's not his job.

IN fairness, unike those other teams, they didnt have the cap crunch the dubs did. People can talk about wiggins not being a number 2 option or jk not being ready yet. But the truth is we have a 43M dollar max player on this team. And no team was giving us a 2nd option type in return for that salary.

And Im not even sure kerr would allow another player to take shots from klay. IN order to get JK more shots, kerr took it away from everone else but Klay.

Pre AS, klay was averaging 14 fga as he second option (Steph 19) . Post AS, hes still averaging 14 fga along with JK (Steph 19 and Wiggs has dropped down to 9 fga) ). So, as long as Klay is on this team and Kerr is coaching, Klay is always going to get a lot of fga and plays run for him regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#186 » by superunknown » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
superunknown wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

IN fairness, unike those other teams, they didnt have the cap crunch the dubs did. People can talk about wiggins not being a number 2 option or jk not being ready yet. But the truth is we have a 43M dollar max player on this team. And no team was giving us a 2nd option type in return for that salary.

And Im not even sure kerr would allow another player to take shots from klay. IN order to get JK more shots, kerr took it away from everone else but Klay.

Pre AS, klay was averaging 14 fga as he second option (Steph 19) . Post AS, hes still averaging 14 fga along with JK (Steph 19 and Wiggs has dropped down to 9 fga) ). So, as long as Klay is on this team and Kerr is coaching, Klay is always going to get a lot of fga and plays run for him regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench.

ok, but the fact of the matter stays that, for whatever reason, steph hasn't had a second star next to him since 2019 nor so much talent around.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 85

Post#187 » by billinder33 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:18 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Jim Park

I just saw this guy's Xitter. Maximal cringe.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#188 » by whatisacenter » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:36 pm

superunknown wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

They didn't?

They not only did but they won another title.

The FO took KD leaving for nothing and turned it into DLO which they turned into Wiggins and Kuminga.

The Warriors can't add a second star by free agency and they can only hope that a star would demand a trade to the Dubs like AD did with the Lakers. So far that has not happened so they were stuck paying their old second fiddle, Klay, who was at the height of his powers in 2019 when he suffered the first of two catastrophic injuries.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,082

Post#189 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:56 pm

billinder33 wrote:

I dont have an account anymore but used this one program to block anything he posts now in Chrome.. so I havent seen anything of his in about 2 months. But it wasnt always this bad, something went way off the rails for that guy and I dont know if he's got some personal issues going on but man, that sure isnt normal :lol:
vvoland
Senior
And1: 109

Post#190 » by vvoland » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:46 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
superunknown wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

They didn't?

They not only did but they won another title.

The FO took KD leaving for nothing and turned it into DLO which they turned into Wiggins and Kuminga.

The Warriors can't add a second star by free agency and they can only hope that a star would demand a trade to the Dubs like AD did with the Lakers. So far that has not happened so they were stuck paying their old second fiddle, Klay, who was at the height of his powers in 2019 when he suffered the first of two catastrophic injuries.

Thank you for screaming into the abyss, man. It's almost like people don't understand the basic facts about the NBA, CBA and the reality that other teams aren't going to give us all-stars because we'd want them to.

It's crazy how people "forgot" how the dubs maxed out the cap and other assets to get KD and go to 5 straight finals. Or how paying Klay after that raptors series was a no brainer. Or how KD wanting to leave in FA to 1 specific team magically became wigs and JK.

The best part? People talk about how the FO failed to maximize Curry's prime like they didn't win that 4th ring. Or didn't give Poole and Wiggins extensions to run that championship team back. I shudder to think what would have happened if JK, Moody and CP3 were moved with multiple picks for Siakam in order to "maximize this window"

No 2nd star next to Steph? Having a top 3 DPOY candidate next to him is clearly much less important than having another guy that can get 25 points. It's not like we have a history of winning with Steph leading the offense and Dray leading the defense.

I don't know what people watched before steph got here or what they've been watching since KD left but it's clearly not the same team I've seen.
Onus
RealGM

Post#191 » by Onus » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:59 pm

vvoland wrote:Or how paying Klay after that raptors series was a no brainer.

This was not a no brainer. This was probably the downfall of the dynasty if we look back at it. We're probably better off if Klay just retires after 2019.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#192 » by whatisacenter » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:51 pm

Onus wrote:

This was not a no brainer. This was probably the downfall of the dynasty if we look back at it. We're probably better off if Klay just retires after 2019.

Downfall of the dynasty?

They literally won another championship with Klay starting after paying him.

At the time of the extension he had been playing his best ball and had only suffered an knee injury which he would have had a much better chance of returning to form if hadn’t subsequently suffered a torn achilles.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#193 » by Impuniti » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:30 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

I dont have an account anymore but used this one program to block anything he posts now in Chrome.. so I havent seen anything of his in about 2 months. But it wasnt always this bad, something went way off the rails for that guy and I dont know if he's got some personal issues going on but man, that sure isnt normal :lol:

Every time he shows up from here or twitter, he goes on super angry rants.
Onus
RealGM

Post#194 » by Onus » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:48 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:

Downfall of the dynasty?

At the time of the extension he had been playing his best ball and had only suffered an knee injury which he would have had a much better chance of returning to form if hadn’t subsequently suffered a torn achilles.

We were 36-14 without Klay that year. 17-15 with him.

2019 was peak Klay, but even peak Klay wasn't worth what he was paid. He was instantly one of the worst contracts in the league when he signed that and that was before he tore his acl.

Unfortunately his injuries derailed his career, but we've consistently been better without Klay since he's come back from injury.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,082

Post#195 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:13 pm

Impuniti wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

Every time he shows up from here or twitter, he goes on super angry rants.

Yeah its a shame. He has some really solid points but have to filter through a lot of angst to get there. By the time I completely stopped watching, it had gotten to that point where the good claims were mixed in so often with the crazy ones.. I remember watching one of his videos and he was complaining about the defensive setup and how the coaches were stupid to use it. All 3 examples were times where transition defense happened and the team was clearly just trying to recover - it wasnt the actual defensive setup, just an improv due to circumstance

Not as bad as that video a few posts up though. That clown is just an outrage merchant trying to rile folks up
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#196 » by superunknown » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:27 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:

Downfall of the dynasty?

2.5 years after paying him. and he wasn't a major contributor. the numbers says the opposite.
he's pretty much done since 2019. 2 bad injuries, not his fault, but this doesn't change reality.

Return to Golden State Warriors