Game 68: Warriors vs Grizzlies 7:00 PM PDT

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Game 68: Warriors vs Grizzlies 7:00 PM PDT 

Post#101 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:01 pm

Floppy, I could be fine with Kerr staying if he has the capacity to evolve past a system that is not going to work without a time machine.

That said, let's put a pin in this and revisit your feelings about Kerr when he pushes to trade Kuminga this summer for someone slow, small and who doesn't attack the basket because they "fit the system better"
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#102 » by watch1958 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:58 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Floppy, I could be fine with Kerr staying if he has the capacity to evolve past a system that is not going to work without a time machine.

That said, let's put a pin in this and revisit your feelings about Kerr when he pushes to trade Kuminga this summer for someone slow, small and who doesn't attack the basket because they "fit the system better"
You forgot “and old.”
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#103 » by Sandy333 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Sandy333 wrote:Podz has been vocal about guys not giving effort and I guess Wiggins is one of the suspects and Wiggins is not liking it and talking smack back.
Wiggins has been molly coddled toomuch. He has not improved his game from three years. It is purely due to lack of desire unlike Thompson whose body is letting him down. He is still one of the better defenders in the team, but not much else. He had the ability to iso , but very inconsistent.
The way Denver took down New York knicks shows the gulf in between the Teams. It is distance too far to bridge for the warriors this year.

Wiggins has been in the NBA for 10 years. He's not going to improve his game. He's more than halfway through his career and probably already on the downside.

Wiggins checks out mentally and actually every season. Maybe he is overworked on defence, coaches need to give him few DNP and get his game refreshed. Warriors are locked into 10th , stop chasing the mythical 6th seed. Break due to coach's death reignited this team. Idiot coach is burning the players out. I see Denver half assing for three quarters and pulling it out in the last quarter. Warriors are so poor they need both main and bench playing at full energy to even compete against middling teams.
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#104 » by Sandy333 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:56 am

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Some of this is quite interesting. What makes you think Podz isn't popular by the way? What did you see?

Just one of those things where it doesnt look right.. like if one of the vets called out someone vs. Podz calling out someone, the reactions were different. One player in particular - not Wiggins, btw - looked really annoyed with Podz at one point in the 1st half during a timeout and walked away from the huddle

I wouldnt put too much stock into it because its just how it looked for one game, but I wonder if his competitiveness is a bit grating on teammates. If someone has that obsessive Kobe-like attitude, has to be backed up on the court with big time results. But that's more just reading tea leaves than anything I've heard

He talks a lot of sh!!t for a guy that can't score the ball and is a rookie who hunts rebounds, take charges and gambles at the expense of sound defense.

He seems like the 'ultimate team player' because he doesn't take bad shots or whatnot. From what I've seen, he's a pretty selfish player whether it's the technical FTs he took early in the season, his stat hunting, or his reluctance in taking the open shot. Not sure what he's accomplished to be out there telling veteran players what to do or how to play. Pretty sure if wiggins had some cajones, he'd be the one knocking podz out, not dray.

While Podz is lacking several skills like shooting and defence ( not half as good ( tall )a Wiggins, except for taking charges), he gives most effort of anybody not named steph curry. He is key part of both main and bench units and has been overworked. He was one of the main reason bench unit was better than main unit. Steve belatedly moved him to the starting unit to unlock the starting unit. Steve was playing him in both units with Paul out. He was so overworked I doubt he got time to improve his game.
We need somebody like him, with coach mollycoddling the players. He was one of the few players I have seen , disgusted with badly played luck win.
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#105 » by Sandy333 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 pm

I think Mike Dunleavy sees a Shane Battier( Mike's Duke teammate ) in him. With scoring so automatic these days two extra possessions this guy gives the team means the team wins. But warriors are so far away in performance from top teams it doesnot matter against the top teams.

Return to Golden State Warriors