ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 70: Warriors @ Wolves 4pm PDT

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: Game 70: Warriors @ Wolves 4pm PDT 

Post#141 » by Impuniti » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:22 pm

Onus wrote:Maybe Kerr is playing 4d chess. Y’all want Klay back well this is the Klay you’re signing. We’re going to run everything through Klay so you can see what he is. And we’re going to miss the play in because of it. Woohoo!! It’s a great time out.

People need to stop coping and creating this magical fantastical fictional reason as to why Kerr is doing this. He's the same coach who started Klay immediately after he came back from 2 1/2 years of missing basketball so his guy wouldn't feel any type of way. No chance of him winning his spot back, he just deserved it. This was while the team was absolutely rolling and Klay for about 2 months, was the worst player in the entire league.

That's who Steve Kerr is.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,273

Post#142 » by Onus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:39 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:Maybe Kerr is playing 4d chess. Y’all want Klay back well this is the Klay you’re signing. We’re going to run everything through Klay so you can see what he is. And we’re going to miss the play in because of it. Woohoo!! It’s a great time out.

People need to stop coping and creating this magical fantastical fictional reason as to why Kerr is doing this. He's the same coach who started Klay immediately after he came back from 2 1/2 years of missing basketball so his guy wouldn't feel any type of way. No chance of him winning his spot back, he just deserved it. This was while the team was absolutely rolling and Klay for about 2 months, was the worst player in the entire league.

I don't get how Kerr out of one side of his mouth say we can't run Curry into the ground playing him 29 vs 32 min isn't the difference and we need Curry. Then proceeds to play Klay 32 mpg when his legs are already completely shot. Kerr makes no sense.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#143 » by watch1958 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:37 pm

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

I don't get how Kerr out of one side of his mouth say we can't run Curry into the ground playing him 29 vs 32 min isn't the difference and we need Curry. Then proceeds to play Klay 32 mpg when his legs are already completely shot. Kerr makes no sense.

Good thing he has two sides of his mouth to talk out of.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#144 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:56 pm

I absolutely hated Mark Jackson because the talent on the roster was evident, but he was an idiot. Towards the end I disliked Nellie because he would sell out developing minutes to push for wins with undersized scrub rosters.

And 2023-24 Kerr sits in between them for me now, because the job he's doing is indefensible. The extension was an awful call and if everyone collectively regains their senses in the offseason, they'll look to re-work that deal into a front office deal, not unlike Brad Stevens, to allow the team to truly go one direction or the other
Onus
RealGM

Post#145 » by Onus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:13 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:I absolutely hated Mark Jackson because the talent on the roster was evident, but he was an idiot. Towards the end I disliked Nellie because he would sell out developing minutes to push for wins with undersized scrub rosters.

And 2023-24 Kerr sits in between them for me now, because the job he's doing is indefensible. The extension was an awful call and if everyone collectively regains their senses in the offseason, they'll look to re-work that deal into a front office deal, not unlike Brad Stevens, to allow the team to truly go one direction or the other

I still don't know what direction we're going in? It still seems like it's the klay thompson contract tour ...
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#146 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:59 pm

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:I absolutely hated Mark Jackson because the talent on the roster was evident, but he was an idiot. Towards the end I disliked Nellie because he would sell out developing minutes to push for wins with undersized scrub rosters.

I still don't know what direction we're going in? It still seems like it's the klay thompson contract tour ...

They dont know either. So many people are on autopilot, which is why most coaches don't get double-digit years on the same bench. To find someone so obsessed with the game that they can keep their passion at the highest level with the same team - especially after climbing the mountain 4 times already - is super rare. Pop is one.. maybe Spo. Thats about it. Most of the rest of coaches are on the carousel
Onus
RealGM

Post#147 » by Onus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:27 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:

They dont know either. So many people are on autopilot, which is why most coaches don't get double-digit years on the same bench. To find someone so obsessed with the game that they can keep their passion at the highest level with the same team - especially after climbing the mountain 4 times already - is super rare. Pop is one.. maybe Spo. Thats about it. Most of the rest of coaches are on the carousel

To be fair I think Kerr has been a play your best 5 players and let them figure it out type of coach. It's just that he doesn't have a set 5 players that he can just have them figure it out. He's just not a good tactician or game manager. He's definitely not a coach that will continue to coach once Steph retires. He's nowhere near being a good coach. They've surrounded him with great assistants who've been head coaches themselves, but Kenny just isn't it.

Spurs fans have been hating on pop for years to be fair. But they aren't trying to win yet. So whatever.

I like Spo's ability to get the most out of his teams even though they may be less talented than most other contenders. Being able to pull diamonds out of the rough. They've been pretty miraculous.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#148 » by DevinVassell » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:38 pm

I think a re-work is the best we could hope for.

Fingers crossed.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,049

Post#149 » by Jester_ » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 am

Kerr the GM was somehow even worse than Kerr the coach, so the deeper entrenched he gets in our org the more our future is screwed.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.

Return to Golden State Warriors