ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Re: Game 70: Warriors @ Wolves 4pm PDT 

Post#121 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:53 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Playing Klay at SF is not midget ball. Wiggins at PF and TJD at center is big enough.

Issue was just **** play by those guys as soon as they got out there.

Giving Curry, Kuminga a bit of rest is not horrible to start the 4th.... At somepoint Cp and these others guys can't chit the bed.

Against Minny, that is midget ball. I rather see a few minutes of Looney.

Wiggins at pf is midget ball. He weighs less than steph. Playing him at pf has been bad this year, it's a stark contrast to his numbers at sf. Because when he is at pf, kerr trots out the t-rex trio (podz, cp3, and klay).

Look....I agree that's a smaller lineup....But the first three or four possessions with that line up were idiot turnovers ...NOTHING to do with size. Kerr rightly expects CP to run the offense for a few minutes while he gives the starters a blow. If that's bad coaching then good luck with ever being happy.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#122 » by WarriorGM » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:06 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
marthafokker wrote:

Wiggins at pf is midget ball. He weighs less than steph. Playing him at pf has been bad this year, it's a stark contrast to his numbers at sf. Because when he is at pf, kerr trots out the t-rex trio (podz, cp3, and klay).

Look....I agree that's a smaller lineup....But the first three or four possessions with that line up were idiot turnovers ...NOTHING to do with size. Kerr rightly expects CP to run the offense for a few minutes while he gives the starters a blow. If that's bad coaching then good luck with ever being happy.

Didn't see the game so don't know exactly how the turnovers came about but size mismatches do tend to increase turnovers as the smaller players seeing themselves pressured and blocked as the shot clock winds down try to pass out leading to interceptions.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#123 » by vagelis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:07 am

Wiggins after his 22pt game against Memphis sees his playing time cut at 24mpg.

I really don't understand Kerr and I don't understand why he underutilizes Wiggins from the first day he was traded to Warriors.

Curry 29.5 minutes, why?
Curry needs to play 34 minutes and more in the important games.

Warriors need to tighten the rotation.
Is there a reason GPII plays 24 minutes, the same amount of minutes with Wiggins?

The season ends and Warriors don't know who are their important players.

You cannot split minutes to everyone.
Warriors need to cut players from the rotation.
Decide who will get minutes between Podzemski, GPII and CP3.
2 of them 3 need to see playing time, one of them should be out of rotation in order to give his minutes to more important players.

The team needs to make clear the hierarchy and trust some players.

Klay Thompson moved to the bench but he shoots more than before and plays the same amount of minutes.
Why he was moved to the bench then if Warriors continue to see him as #2?
The only reason they did it was in order to stop the fans to complain about Thompson.

They don't believe what they do.
Or there are too many different opinions in the team and that is why they have not decide what they want to do until now that the season ends
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#124 » by WarriorGM » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:21 am

The minute splits don't concern me as much as the inconsistent lineups. The main guys are older. Giving them less minutes and the younger guys more time to develop in the regular season makes sense. What the team has learned from the experimental lineups though remains a mystery.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#125 » by thunderdunk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:27 am

Kerr again had CP3 playing at the end, when they needed a few points and a couple stops. He must know something that's not obvious.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#126 » by superunknown » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:40 am

thunderdunk wrote:Kerr again had CP3 playing at the end, when they needed a few points and a couple stops. He must know something that's not obvious.

he knows jacks***. otherwise the team wouldn't be in the position it is, which is battling with HOU for the 10th spot in the west.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#127 » by superunknown » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:42 am

WarriorGM wrote:The minute splits don't concern me as much as the inconsistent lineups. The main guys are older. Giving them less minutes and the younger guys more time to develop in the regular season makes sense. What the team has learned from the experimental lineups though remains a mystery.

experimental lineups after 70 games into the season. that's the mystery itself.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#128 » by killmongrel » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:42 am

Klay 32 minutes. Steph 29 minutes. Kerr is special.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,878

Post#129 » by Hoopstar23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:48 am

the team is cooked... i am ready for a full teardown this offseason
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#130 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:18 am

killmongrel wrote:Klay 32 minutes. Steph 29 minutes. Kerr is special.

He's the guy that put in Corey Joseph, Stephen Curry and Podzemski to guard LeBron James on the final possession of the game. LeBron got a timeout and Kerr didn't adjust his lineup to have bigger/better defenders to go against AD and James.

It almost feels intentional.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#131 » by WarriorGM » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:18 am

superunknown wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:The minute splits don't concern me as much as the inconsistent lineups. The main guys are older. Giving them less minutes and the younger guys more time to develop in the regular season makes sense. What the team has learned from the experimental lineups though remains a mystery.

experimental lineups after 70 games into the season. that's the mystery itself.

I wouldn't mind the experimental lineups but they don't seem to follow any logic. I don't know what the net rating of the lineup that lost this game with CP3, Klay, Wiggins, Podz, and TJD was yesterday but now it is -52 so I'm guessing it wasn't promising even before today's dreadful showing. One of the lineups that lost the game in the last game against the Pacers was never tried before and didn't make any sense and had a net rating of -119 after that game.

After 70 games into the season one would think the team would have long since started separating the wheat from the chaff and playing the promising experimental lineups and discarding the ones that didn't produce.

That said if the coaching staff were still to come up with an experimental lineup that included Spencer playing with the starters I'd be all for it admitting of course it should have been tried 50 games ago.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#132 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:28 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
marthafokker wrote:

Kerr sat Curry for 11 consecutive minutes. It was a 9 man rotation and our best player had less than 30 minutes.

That's bad game management/coaching. It takes effort to sit Curry that much.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,335

Post#133 » by SpreeS » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:29 am

Kerr/FO/owners are lost. Whats the point to add 38y old Paul to already old rooster? Whats the point to play two way contract players over our young players? Kuminga and Moody were robbed for 2/3 years of development. What’s the point to put Klay on the bench and play the most minutes in the game? What’s the point the oldest rooster to make shortest too in whole league? What’s the point to play 36y old Curry the same way like he was in prime years? What’s the point to give Kerr two years extension when he is lost and sabotaging team with his decisions?
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#134 » by Romulus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:44 am

killmongrel wrote:Klay 32 minutes. Steph 29 minutes. Kerr is special.

Nothing new, really. Klay had 18 shots and Curry had 9 the other day.

Who takes the last shot to tie the game?

You got it. Klay.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#135 » by Romulus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:47 am

cpower wrote:I really hope we don't make playin.

I think we're all feeling that way to some degree. So embarrassing, this team, this coach. Telling the world playing Steph more minutes wouldn't have made a difference when you lose by 4?

What an insult to every Warrior fan, and what a slap in the face to Curry himself.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,335

Post#136 » by SpreeS » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:05 am

I wrote before the season, how everything will end this year. It was clear from the beginning. You will save a lot of nerve cells if you look at this team without rose glasses.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#137 » by superunknown » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:08 am

SpreeS wrote:I wrote before the season, how everything will end this year. It was clear from the beginning. You will save a lot of nerve cells if you look at this team without rose glasses.

but it's not ending. they just extended kerr for 2 more years.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#138 » by Romulus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:15 am

40 year-old Lebron James played 38 minutes tonight and the Lakers won by 5. If Lebron only plays 30 minutes, the Lakers very likely lose. Coaching matters.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#139 » by billinder33 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm

SpreeS wrote:Kerr/FO/owners are lost. Whats the point to add 38y old Paul to already old rooster?

Paul's not a bad player even at 38/yo, he's just a bad fit for Kerr's system.

I'm guessing the Ws saw a salary dump or a big money player that could be traded into an impact player at the deadline to a team interested in salary relief. The latter didn't happen, so Ws ownership will get the salary relief at the end of the season instead.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,274

Post#140 » by Onus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Romulus wrote:40 year-old Lebron James played 38 minutes tonight and the Lakers won by 5. If Lebron only plays 30 minutes, the Lakers very likely lose. Coaching matters.

Kerr for whatever reason has no urgency to win games. He’s more concerned with the future than the game that is being played today.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors