Total votes: 4

DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Re: Game 73: Warriors @ Hornets 4pm PDT 

Post#121 » by DevinVassell » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:44 pm

svart wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Miles bridges just attacking dray like he's a woman.

that's not funny.

Actually it is.

You are confusing the subject of the joke with the target of the joke. Very common theses days.

Gervais fan?

He touches on this stuff really well.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Post#122 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
svart wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
that's not funny.

Actually it is.

You are confusing the subject of the joke with the target of the joke. Very common theses days.

Gervais fan?

I guess it depends on the audience.

I have had the unfortunate experience of stopping domestic abuse 3 times while it was happening and find it sickening/cowardly and therefore I am unable to find the humor in it.

Plus the original joke was low hanging fruit and not that funny regardless.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,435

Post#123 » by svart » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
svart wrote:
Actually it is.

Gervais fan?

I have had the unfortunate experience of stopping domestic abuse 3 times while it was happening and find it sickening/cowardly and therefore I am unable to find the humor in it.

My dad died of cancer. But i still enjoy a good joke about the subject. It was him who taught me(at his mum's funeral) that we should be able to laugh about everything in our darkest moments.

And the joke was decent.

@devin vassel: i like Gervais, sure, but i am more of a Jimmy Carr guy, he goes very deep into that shyte.

@Evans: sorry mate, you didn't understand either. I won't stay to explain, bur someone already did. But you might think before pointing fingers, or you might come as a douche.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,508

Post#124 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
svart wrote:
Actually it is.

If you think making jokes about domestic violence is funny, you have bigger problems.

Don't be a knob Evan.

Nobody is making fun of domestic violence.

The joke was aimed at Bridges BECAUSE he is a woman basher. It's not that hard to work out... unless of course you just want to be offended.

Being unable to differentiate literal speech and figure of speech is a sign of cognitive dissonance.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#125 » by Jester_ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
If you think making jokes about domestic violence is funny, you have bigger problems.

Don't be a knob Evan.

The joke was aimed at Bridges BECAUSE he is a woman basher. It's not that hard to work out... unless of course you just want to be offended.

You're talking to the snowcone who quit Twitter in protest because big baddie Musk took over lol

San Francisco is a helluva drug
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
svart
Analyst

Post#126 » by svart » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Don't be a knob Evan.

Being unable to differentiate literal speech and figure of speech is a sign of cognitive dissonance.

Well cognitive dissonance is what makes dark humor funny for some of the people.

What you describe has more to do with structurate thinking.

And to whoever feels offended:
In any case, feel free to feel offended, as we are free to laugh at it. Because the joke was not about beating women, it was about a woman beater. Make the distinction and we are fine.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#127 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:39 pm

svart wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
Gervais fan?

My dad died of cancer. But i still enjoy a good joke about the subject. It was him who taught me(at his mum's funeral) that we should be able to laugh about everything in our darkest moments.

And the joke was decent.

@devin vassel: i like Gervais, sure, but i am more of a Jimmy Carr guy, he goes very deep into that shyte.

@Evans: sorry mate, you didn't understand either. I won't stay to explain, bur someone alresdy dud. But you might think before pointing fingers, or you might come as a douche.

Meh, a better joke would have been - Draymond Green is going to need a restraining order with the way Bridges is abusing him. Or, I hope Draymond's kids aren't watching the abuse he is taking from Bridges. Funny, right?

I do agree with you that one needs to be able to laugh to keep from crying.

My dad died of cancer as well...tell me some good cancer jokes.
svart
Analyst

Post#128 » by svart » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:44 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
svart wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

And the joke was decent.

@Evans: sorry mate, you didn't understand either. I won't stay to explain, bur someone alresdy dud. But you might think before pointing fingers, or you might come as a douche.

Meh, a better joke would have been - Draymond Green is going to need a restraining order with the way Bridges is abusing him. Or, I hope Draymond's kids aren't watching the abuse he is taking from Bridges. Funny, right?

My friend, i am not a comedian. And as i said, humor is very personal.

I actually like you as a poster, so i don't want to go in a fight with you, we clearly have different opinions about what should be offensive these days. And i also have strong feelings about it, so i'll leave it to that.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#129 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:54 pm

svart wrote:
Spoiler:
whatisacenter wrote:
svart wrote:

And the joke was decent.

My friend, i am not a comedian. And as i said, humor is very personal.

I actually like you as a poster, so i don't want to go in a fight with you, we clearly have different opinions about what should be offensive these days. And i also have strong feelings about it, so i'll leave it to that.

peace, sorry I got my knickers in a knot.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,821

Post#130 » by floppymoose » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:09 pm

Onus wrote:4 games without Klay. 4 double digit victories.

See Rockets & Sengun. Defense matters.
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#131 » by Dubs 707 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 pm

It's a joke not a dick (van dyke) quit taking it so hard...
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,353

Post#132 » by Onus » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:40 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Onus wrote:4 games without Klay. 4 double digit victories.

See Rockets & Sengun. Defense matters.

The rockets are flying all over the court. They’re athletic as hell.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Post#133 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:30 pm

Jester_ wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Don't be a knob Evan.

You're talking to the snowcone who quit Twitter in protest because big baddie Musk took over lol

San Francisco is a helluva drug

I can’t imagine being red pilled like this. Yikes. Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet. The fact that anyone supports him monetarily is abhorrent. Sorry I’m not an incel who listens to Joe Rogan and Andrew Huberman podcasts and hates women.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 457

Post#134 » by Romulus » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:02 pm

So I missed this game live. Earlier today I sat down to watch it. First, I don't get WHY CP3 is starting? I think Moody should be starting over him for sure. Better defense, better shooting.

Anyway, I watched for about 6 or 7 minutes. Curry never took a shot in that time. He had the ball a few times and had chances to shoot but he quickly passed every time.

I don't get it. I go back and watch old games. This is NOT how Curry used to play. He was much more aggressive. Playing off the ball and running a motion offense is one thing. This is different. This is obviously planned. I can only assume it's Kerr's plan and Curry is going along with it. Get everyone else involved to start the game.

It sucks.

Charlotte had a packed house and I bet at least half of them were there to see Curry.

Kerr is treating Steph likes he's 50 years old. Play 30 minutes a game, never shoot to start the game, never even really be more than a decoy for the 1st quarter.

I admit it -- I stopped watching.

Good God, it feels like Curry's career is already over. How much he's declined I really have no idea. He's used now like JJ Reddick in his last days.

Every game, I find more and more unwatchable. Thanks Steve.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#135 » by Jester_ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:26 pm

EvanZ wrote:
I can’t imagine being red pilled like this. Yikes. Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet. The fact that anyone supports him monetarily is abhorrent. Sorry I’m not an incel who listens to Joe Rogan and Andrew Huberman podcasts and hates women.

You're an embarrassingly sheltered human being if you think this is true lol

Like I said, San Francisco is a helluva drug. Go step outside of your lil internet bubble and learn what the real world is like and why the other 7.5 billion people make fun of people like you. :clown:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,796

Post#136 » by michaelm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 am

Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Like I said, San Francisco is a helluva drug. Go step outside of your lil internet bubble and learn what the real world is like and why the other 7.5 billion people make fun of people like you. :clown:

I hesitate to ask, but you do realise where GSW are based ?.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#137 » by Jester_ » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:33 am

michaelm wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Well when I first became a fan they were in Oakland and the techbros hadn't showed up into the city en mass yet

Speaking as a non-American, Americans have a reputation for being embarassingly close-minded about the world outside of their little political bubbles - places like SF and Florida are among the worst of it. A comment like "Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet" is too stupid and ignorant to not be made fun of
michaelm
RealGM

Post#138 » by michaelm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:00 am

Jester_ wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Well when I first became a fan they were in Oakland and the techbros hadn't showed up into the city en mass yet

Speaking as a non-American, Americans have a reputation for being embarassingly close-minded about the world outside of their little political bubbles - places like SF and Florida are among the worst of it. A comment like "Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet" is too stupid and ignorant to not be made fun of

I probably know more about Elon Musk than many, and he is very definitely a genius, a flawed genius perhaps, sharing the latter characteristic with all other human beings on the planet of whom I am aware.

Twitter, X, Facebook and most other unsocial media are all platforms I very pointedly avoid, an online sports forum such as this one being pretty much my limit as far as such things are concerned.

I am not from the USA either, but have always found San Francisco to be a great place, and while I am a relatively new GSW fan, having boarded the bandwagon with Andrew Bogut which qualifies me as someone who became a fan when they were still in Oakland as well I guess, I have been a 49ers fan since Joe Montana’s day.

I am fine with criticism of Kerr’s coaching btw, many choices he has made this year bewilder me, but I doubt his poor coaching has much to do with him being white and/or liberal.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#139 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:22 am

Romulus wrote:So I missed this game live. Earlier today I sat down to watch it. First, I don't get WHY CP3 is starting? I think Moody should be starting over him for sure. Better defense, better shooting.

Anyway, I watched for about 6 or 7 minutes. Curry never took a shot in that time. He had the ball a few times and had chances to shoot but he quickly passed every time.

I don't get it. I go back and watch old games. This is NOT how Curry used to play. He was much more aggressive. Playing off the ball and running a motion offense is one thing. This is different. This is obviously planned. I can only assume it's Kerr's plan and Curry is going along with it. Get everyone else involved to start the game.

It sucks.

Charlotte had a packed house and I bet at least half of them were there to see Curry.

Kerr is treating Steph likes he's 50 years old. Play 30 minutes a game, never shoot to start the game, never even really be more than a decoy for the 1st quarter.

Good God, it feels like Curry's career is already over. How much he's declined I really have no idea. He's used now like JJ Reddick in his last days.

Steph is tired. This the most minutes he's played in 7 years and probably the most defense he's played in a while. The last few games, steph has been in pg mode and then bursts in the 2h. You'll also notice his defense has also looked better since we played more defensive players around him due to the injuries to klay and jk. You can't complain about the results. The team has looked good the past 3 games. It looks like a team rather than steph and 4 guys. And the dray fiasco also took some life out of him.

Outside of starting cp3, I think kerr has been doing well the last 3 games. The midget line up is played sparingly. Moody is getting more minutes. And he is prioritizing defense more than anything else.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#140 » by michaelm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:52 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Romulus wrote:So I missed this game live. Earlier today I sat down to watch it. First, I don't get WHY CP3 is starting? I think Moody should be starting over him for sure. Better defense, better shooting.

It sucks.

Steph is tired. This the most minutes he's played in 7 years and probably the most defense he's played in a while. The last few games, steph has been in pg mode and then bursts in the 2h. You'll also notice his defense has also looked better since we played more defensive players around him due to the injuries to klay and jk. You can't complain about the results. The team has looked good the past 3 games. It looks like a team rather than steph and 4 guys. And the dray fiasco also took some life out of him.

Outside of starting cp3, I think kerr has been doing well the last 3 games. The midget line up is played sparingly. Moody is getting more minutes. And he is prioritizing defense more than anything else.

Yes he can’t entirely carry the offense and be as active on defence as he has been at his best as well. If they somehow became competitive with the best teams, which would imo involve him not being required to carry the whole offense and might also involve playing Moody ahead of CP3 then I consider it likely he could play better defense/be able to give more effort on defense. It is also likely imo that the ankle injury hasn’t completely resolved.

Return to Golden State Warriors