Total votes: 4

Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Re: Game 73: Warriors @ Hornets 4pm PDT 

Post#141 » by Bayside » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:16 am

Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
I can’t imagine being red pilled like this. Yikes. Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet. The fact that anyone supports him monetarily is abhorrent. Sorry I’m not an incel who listens to Joe Rogan and Andrew Huberman podcasts and hates women.

You're an embarrassingly sheltered human being if you think this is true lol

Like I said, San Francisco is a helluva drug. Go step outside of your lil internet bubble and learn what the real world is like and why the other 7.5 billion people make fun of people like you. :clown:

I am in NZ and this sentiment is shared.
And yea, takes a certain type of person to even make a joke with that as its content. Regardless of whom the joke is referring too.
Why bring that here? To have this type of conversation, again. Gets stale. Try to trigger, respond with insults, rinse repeat. Narcissism isn't a culture.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,796

Post#142 » by michaelm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:33 am

Bayside wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
I can’t imagine being red pilled like this. Yikes. Elon Musk is one of the worst humans on the planet. The fact that anyone supports him monetarily is abhorrent. Sorry I’m not an incel who listens to Joe Rogan and Andrew Huberman podcasts and hates women.

Like I said, San Francisco is a helluva drug. Go step outside of your lil internet bubble and learn what the real world is like and why the other 7.5 billion people make fun of people like you. :clown:

And yea, takes a certain type of person to even make a joke with that as its content. Regardless of whom the joke is referring too.
Why bring that here? To have this type of conversation, again. Gets stale. Try to trigger, respond with insults, rinse repeat. Narcissism isn't a culture.

My pet hate on the internet is the only other people are biased/bound by ideology/snowflakes/whatever thing.

I don’t always agree with EvanZ, but his basketball takes are considered and usually well expressed, and he is not the one who referred to Bridges’ off court behaviour.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,439

Post#143 » by svart » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:51 am

Bayside wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Just enlighten me, what type of person does it take to make a joke like this? Give us your thoughts, you made me curious.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,057

Post#144 » by whatisacenter » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:09 pm

Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#145 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:19 pm

Just let them be offended and move on. You’re never going to change their mind about anything.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,087

Post#146 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 pm

Onus wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
Onus wrote:4 games without Klay. 4 double digit victories.

See Rockets & Sengun. Defense matters.

The rockets are flying all over the court. They’re athletic as hell.

A lot of folks wanted Sengun.. a lot of folks re-hashed their draft takes when Sengun started piling up numbers on a bad team

A lot of folks are silent with this streak.

Defense wins.. maybe one day the Warriors will lean into it the same way. BTW I think that the "we need a 7' C" crew, the ones who were mostly silenced in 2022.. they were trying to find value in something that's diminished in today's game. Their execution was bad, but the idea behind it is sound. Rockets are learning, and maybe one day soon the Warriors will learn too, that right now defense is devalued, so if you can run a team that's really good at it and really disrupts offenses, you'll be a tough team to deal with
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,355

Post#147 » by Onus » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:56 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
See Rockets & Sengun. Defense matters.

The rockets are flying all over the court. They’re athletic as hell.

A lot of folks wanted Sengun.. a lot of folks re-hashed their draft takes when Sengun started piling up numbers on a bad team

Defense wins.. maybe one day the Warriors will lean into it the same way. BTW I think that the "we need a 7' C" crew, the ones who were mostly silenced in 2022.. they were trying to find value in something that's diminished in today's game. Their execution was bad, but the idea behind it is sound. Rockets are learning, and maybe one day soon the Warriors will learn too, that right now defense is devalued, so if you can run a team that's really good at it and really disrupts offenses, you'll be a tough team to deal with

They’ve had an extremely soft schedule during this win streak. Sac can lose to anyone. Cavs missing Mobley, struss. Okc missing sga. The rest have been tanking teams.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 791

Post#148 » by Old_Blue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:00 pm

svart wrote:
Bayside wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Just enlighten me, what type of person does it take to make a joke like this? Give us your thoughts, you made me curious.

Unfortunately, we live in times when a certain segment of society is attempting to normalize misogyny in all its forms. And where do such efforts get you? In New York City, over the last month, one or more men have been roaming the streets randomly punching women in the face. I don't know what kind of man finds humor in such a state of affairs. I don't want to know. But, in a strange way, I am thankful when they publicly identify themselves through their words, innuendos and "jokes." It's like they've done all the work of isolating themselves for and from the rest of us. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,087

Post#149 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:09 pm

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:The rockets are flying all over the court. They’re athletic as hell.

They’ve had an extremely soft schedule during this win streak. Sac can lose to anyone. Cavs missing Mobley, struss. Okc missing sga. The rest have been tanking teams.

Some of them have been. Some havent.. theyve beaten all the teams in front of them and are playing excellent defense, nothing about it looks like a mirage and metrics have been saying for a while that their team w/o Sengun is far more dangerous if they could step up offensively. Well Green stepped up and here we are.. there's no excuse that changes it
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,355

Post#150 » by Onus » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:20 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Some of them have been. Some havent.. theyve beaten all the teams in front of them and are playing excellent defense, nothing about it looks like a mirage and metrics have been saying for a while that their team w/o Sengun is far more dangerous if they could step up offensively. Well Green stepped up and here we are.. there's no excuse that changes it

They’ve been impressive for sure. Just saying their schedule during this streak has been soft. We’ll see what they look like tonight.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
svart
Analyst

Post#151 » by svart » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:02 am

Old_Blue wrote:
svart wrote:
Bayside wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in times when a certain segment of society is attempting to normalize misogyny in all its forms. And where do such efforts get you? In New York City, over the last month, one or more men have been roaming the streets randomly punching women in the face. I don't know what kind of man finds humor in such a state of affairs. I don't want to know. But, in a strange way, I am thankful when they publicly identify themselves through their words, innuendos and "jokes." It's like they've done all the work of isolating themselves for and from the rest of us. :D

vvoland
Senior
And1: 109

Post#152 » by vvoland » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:55 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
svart wrote:
Bayside wrote:

THIS. It's less about the bridges joke than it is a general love of the red-pill/'maniverse' concepts. Like calling someone a snowflake for quitting a toxic cesspool like twitter because an objectively awful person bought it (flirting with anti-semitism, pro-putin stance, lying to investors, not paying his sub-contractors, stopping rent payments on the twitter building, the many children with different women [which we kill athletes for], i could go on). It's a narrow minded view of the world where "I am right and everyone else needs to get out of their internet bubble" or "San Francisco is a helluva drug" and "not the real world" and "the real world is laughing at you"

The cognitive dissonance here is one-way. It's the people thinking everyone in SF is in a 'bubble' or 'not in a real place.' The rest of the world isn't laughing at SF, it's saving up money to visit during a holiday or week off. Or move here for the jobs, weather and lifestyle. These aren't 'opinions' but supported by ever-increasing housing prices and millions of tourists that come here yearly.

I'm also not american. I grew up in the former soviet union and lived and worked, for years, in independent Ukraine. I've also spent a good amount of time in other countries and have close friends who hail from everywhere else (from Japan to Bangladesh). In large part because I came to SF as a kid and was exposed to people from everywhere else in the world. In fact, most places outside the US (or even major US urban areas) are bubbles. Most countries (and american rural counties) have 1 overwhelming majority in terms of ethnic group, religious identity and political preference. That is the definition of a bubble.
vvoland
Senior

Post#153 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:44 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

That's a little harsh on sengun. Full disclosure, I wanted the dubs to draft sengun instead of moody (I wanted either Murphy or sengun) but I haven't seen anything from sengun that would change my mind, especially in the middle of the first. He's worse than I feared on defense but he's been incredible offensively. Terrible coaching and team the first two years certainly didn't help but to put this rockets run on him being out of the lineup is tough.

Their schedule has been remarkably favorable. Either bad teams or good teams with a star missing. We'll see how they finish the year but the run Jalen Green has put together is more important for them than the 10 seed. How they'll balance Green and sengun next year will say a lot about udoka as well as those two players.

The weird passive aggressive comments on the warriors not valuing defense I assume is because they play klay more than you'd like? I mean, sure, you can take it that way. The team won with defense for like a decade despite everyone thinking it was because they shot the 3 well. Kerr and curry always reference defense as a key to their success. They've played top 5 level defense for stretches this season and last but have had real perimeter defense issues. Mostly due to jp and Jerome last year and wigs's, Klay's and gp2's decline this year.

I'm hopeful gp2 will bounce back and he's had enough flashes this year to make that not completely unrealistic. We'll see about wigs, he's been so up and down that it's impossible to guess what we'll see the last 8 games. Not much hope for Klay's defense but he's not being used as a primary defender much so I don't see that being how teams beat us.
svart
Analyst

Post#154 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:03 am

vvoland wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
svart wrote:

THIS. It's less about the bridges joke than it is a general love of the red-pill/'maniverse' concepts. Like calling someone a snowflake for quitting a toxic cesspool like twitter because an objectively awful person bought it (flirting with anti-semitism, pro-putin stance, lying to investors, not paying his sub-contractors, stopping rent payments on the twitter building, the many children with different women [which we kill athletes for], i could go on). It's a narrow minded view of the world where "I am right and everyone else needs to get out of their internet bubble" or "San Francisco is a helluva drug" and "not the real world" and "the real world is laughing at you"

The cognitive dissonance here is one-way. It's the people thinking everyone in SF is in a 'bubble' or 'not in a real place.' The rest of the world isn't laughing at SF, it's saving up money to visit during a holiday or week off. Or move here for the jobs, weather and lifestyle. These aren't 'opinions' but supported by ever-increasing housing prices and millions of tourists that come here yearly.

I'm also not american. I grew up in the former soviet union and lived and worked, for years, in independent Ukraine. I've also spent a good amount of time in other countries and have close friends who hail from everywhere else (from Japan to Bangladesh). In large part because I came to SF as a kid and was exposed to people from everywhere else in the world. In fact, most places outside the US (or even major US urban areas) are bubbles. Most countries (and american rural counties) have 1 overwhelming majority in terms of ethnic group, religious identity and political preference. That is the definition of a bubble.

Wow. All this wall of text starting from a joke you clearly did not understand. You than expand it to your view of the world, calling everyone who dares have other opinions narrow-minded.

You are not the only one raised and who lived in the shadow if Russia. You fled, which is fine. But trust me, we have here today totally different problems than getting triggered from a joke.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#155 » by DevinVassell » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:17 am

vvoland wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
svart wrote:

I'm not a great lip-reader... but I think Elon is unfazed lol.

vvoland
Senior

Post#156 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:58 am

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

Wow. All this wall of text starting from a joke you clearly did not understand. You than expand it to your view of the world, calling everyone who dares have other opinions narrow-minded.

You are not the only one raised and who lived in the shadow if Russia. You fled, which is fine. But trust me, we have here today totally different problems than getting triggered from a joke.

Perhaps you didn't understand, which is fine. Narrow minded, in my post were the people who call those that leave Twitter because musk bought it, "snowflakes." Or those that call SF a "bubble" or "not the real world."

If that equals "everyone who dares have other opinions" you may need to look in the mirror.

I'm not triggered by the joke, I literally said "it's less about the bridges joke than.." but enjoy making strawman arguments by misrepresenting what I wrote.

Yes, the countries that live in the shadow of Russia have existential problems. They also have other problems, like a tendency to think they live in a more "real" world than the rest of us.
vvoland
Senior

Post#157 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:00 am

DevinVassell wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

I'm not a great lip-reader... but I think Elon is unfazed lol.

Yep, telling advertisers they can fornicate themselves because they didn't want to advertise on a platform that seems to promote hate speech is definitely a great business move. I'm sure twitters market cap is reflects that.
svart
Analyst

Post#158 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:14 am

vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Perhaps you didn't understand, which is fine. Narrow minded, in my post were the people who call those that leave Twitter because musk bought it, "snowflakes." Or those that call SF a "bubble" or "not the real world."

If that equals "everyone who dares have other opinions" you may need to look in the mirror.

I'm not triggered by the joke, I literally said "it's less about the bridges joke than.." but enjoy making strawman arguments by misrepresenting what I wrote.

Yes, the countries that live in the shadow of Russia have existential problems. They also have other problems, like a tendency to think they live in a more "real" world than the rest of us.

lol, where did this come from? the school of snowflake thinking? Having real problems does not make other places less real. But makes other invented problems (like complaining and pointing fingers after not understanding a joke) laughable. you don't get it. You don't even get your own posting from what i see above. i'm done here, don't have the energy to get lost in semantics with people who want to be offended at any cost.
vvoland
Senior

Post#159 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:41 am

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:

lol, where did this come from? the school of snowflake thinking? Having real problems does not make other places less real. But makes other invented problems (like complaining and pointing fingers after not understanding a joke) laughable. you don't get it. You don't even get your own posting from what i see above. i'm done here, don't have the energy to get lost in semantics with people who want to be offended at any cost.

I don't think you understand what I was discussing. I didn't have a big problem with the joke but the position jester took after that joke. E.g. regarding Evan being a snowflake because he left Twitter after musk bought it. Or that SF is a helluva drug and not the real world. Or any of the other statements he made. Blue had a appropriate response I wanted to second and expound upon. I'm not sure why you took it so personally and had to infer things I clearly didn't imply.

Humor is a roll of the dice and you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as Michael Scott once said. I'll never sh!т on anyone for making a bad joke, I've had plenty. I will, however, continue to defecate on those who call people they disagree with snowflakes and generalize major cities as bubbles or other idiotic caricatures. Just to be clear, that last sentence does not refer to you, but, in the context of this thread, jester.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,796

Post#160 » by michaelm » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:04 am

Deleted

Return to Golden State Warriors