No
63%

Total votes: 8

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: 4/4 Game 76: Warriors (41-34) @ Rockets (38-37) 5pm PST 

Post#101 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:36 am

Jk might foul out before half guarding luka full court in his return start.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#102 » by WarriorGM » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:11 am

floppymoose wrote:
Frozzy wrote:The salt mine on Clutchfans Forum is funny af

Just like old times

Can you provide a link for me?

Haven't been to Clutchfans in a while so I thought I'd take a look too. Maybe Frozzy was referring to this thread:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/clutchfans-game-thread-warriors-rockets-4-4-2024.322844/

Have to hand it to them for their enthusiasm over there, they took this game seriously judging by the 30+ pages game thread.

Of course if you've never been there before as a Warriors fan you must see this classic thread:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/can-steph-carry-his-own-team-thread.309257/
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#103 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:12 am

GREAT offensive game by Klay! Just about every shot he took was on balance with very little dribbling or time holding the ball.

Warriors are super tight defensively....I think having TJD anchoring the center spot allows the wings to attack/sellout defensively without having to retreat.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,046

Post#104 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:22 am

killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:Another win, so good.

Kerr and Klay haters scrambling.

Does anybody actually hate Klay here? Or do some of us just think that if Klay is the best option as one of the starters on this team going forward beyond this season, our time as a contender is clearly done? Where are all the Klay simps when he has a streak of bad games after having a good game against a bad team?

Gotta strike when the iron is hot, these 1 game win streaks dont last forever :D

Klay played well tonight and others are determined to ruin it by not acknowledging the great majority of the season
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#105 » by killmongrel » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:23 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:Another win, so good.

Kerr and Klay haters scrambling.

Does anybody actually hate Klay here? Or do some of us just think that if Klay is the best option as one of the starters on this team going forward beyond this season, our time as a contender is clearly done? Where are all the Klay simps when he has a streak of bad games after having a good game against a bad team?

Gotta strike when the iron is hot, these 1 game win streaks dont last forever :D

Klay played well tonight and others are determined to ruin it by not acknowledging the great majority of the season
Klay deserves props for making his shots tonight. I'm just looking at the overall picture.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#106 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:28 am

I'd say aside from CP3 and Looney, everyone who played meaningful minutes played well tonight and you love to see it. Kerr still Kerr'd, but it didnt affect much. Him mechanically yanking Klay in Q1 at the 5 min mark despite Klay going off is playing with fire while covered in gasoline, but Klay maintained the hot streak all game and bailed him out

After watching a few games in the Rockets streak, a couple things jumped out: Dillon Brooks is absolutely terrified of the Warriors and he's one of our best players any time we play against him. If he only played the Warriors, he'd be a GLeaguer at best.. completely turtles up every single time. FVV did the same thing.. Jalen Green is bell-curving back into his regular numbers, but he really seems like hes at the cusp of getting it. And cant say enough about Jabari Smith, IMO he's their best player and best suited as a hybrid 4/5, kinda like JJJ in Memphis

Looney might have just played himself back out of the rotation tonight because letting Jock **** Londale do well against you is bad, bad news

And always love to see the Boban. He's a mascot but I'd still just love to have him on the Warriors. Got to meet him years ago and he's a big goofy guy, think he'd fit in with the team well. Also might make it so the name Tacko Fall is never said on this forum again
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#107 » by vvoland » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:35 am

CDM_Stats wrote:I'd say aside from CP3 and Looney, everyone who played meaningful minutes played well tonight and you love to see it. Kerr still Kerr'd, but it didnt affect much. Him mechanically yanking Klay in Q1 at the 5 min mark despite Klay going off is playing with fire while covered in gasoline, but Klay maintained the hot streak all game and bailed him out

After watching a few games in the Rockets streak, a couple things jumped out: Dillon Brooks is absolutely terrified of the Warriors and he's one of our best players any time we play against him. If he only played the Warriors, he'd be a GLeaguer at best.. completely turtles up every single time. FVV did the same thing.. Jalen Green is bell-curving back into his regular numbers, but he really seems like hes at the cusp of getting it. And cant say enough about Jabari Smith, IMO he's their best player and best suited as a hybrid 4/5, kinda like JJJ in Memphis

Looney might have just played himself back out of the rotation tonight because letting Jock **** Londale do well against you is bad, bad news

And always love to see the Boban. He's a mascot but I'd still just love to have him on the Warriors. Got to meet him years ago and he's a big goofy guy, think he'd fit in with the team well. Also might make it so the name Tacko Fall is never said on this forum again

Yes, a thousand times yes. When klay is on fire, he's just automatic. I really wonder what Klay's numbers would be if Kerr let him cook when he's hot and pulls him when he's struggling. You know, the stuff most coaches, including past iterations of Kerr, do as a general principle. That's why I don't really see Klay's playing time as something Kerr does because he loves klay. If so, why pull him when he's on fire.

On a completely different note. What do you think of cam?
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#108 » by Romulus » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:38 am

I'll never understand taking out someone when they're red hot just because it's what's in the script. Icing Klay twice (and somehow he over-came it) is just bizarre, but of course, Kerr does this with everyone.

Also, TJD was just incredibly good tonight. Imagine if he had played him the entire year. How many more wins? Instead, Kerr spent a good chunk of the season playing Saric at the 5 and watching the 2nd unit get destroyed.

Also, I've noticed Draymond moving a heck of a lot better now that he doesn't have to play the 5 so much. Imagine that.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#109 » by killmongrel » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:42 am

Romulus wrote:I'll never understand taking out someone when they're red hot just because it's what's in the script. Icing Klay twice (and somehow he over-came it) is just bizarre, but of course, Kerr does this with everyone.

Also, TJD was just incredibly good tonight. Imagine if he had played him the entire year. How many more wins? Instead, Kerr spent a good chunk of the season playing Saric at the 5 and watching the 2nd unit get destroyed.

Agreed. Kerr really is anal about that sticking to the script thing.

And yeah, how many of us were begging for Kerr to start TJD months before Kerr finally does it. But the Kerr apologists here want to give him credit for "developing" the young players, but ignore how some of his decisions usually are made because of circumstance.

- Kuminga gets more minutes because Draymond is suspended.
- Moody starts and gets more minutes because Wiggins is on hiatus.
- TJD finally starts because Kuminga is injured.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#110 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:49 am

vvoland wrote:On a completely different note. What do you think of cam?

A steal at 20, but think he gets way more credit than he deserves. He gets boxscore numbers but each time I see him, I see a guy who doesnt get the game yet in terms of defense. If the 3pt is legit, and thats up in the air IMO, he's a starter that looks like a Wiggins/JK combo. If it isn't, which is where I tend to lean right now, I think his upside is a better rebounding JK

Personally I think its tough to integrate guys like that on winning teams because their ability to score + their athleticism make them get paid way more than they should earn, and then tend to be given the keys to a team when they shouldn't.. but if the Rockets manage it correctly, he could be a nice #2/#3 option that can hold his own defensively. Just needs to stop selling out for the steals and blocks and be more about the team defense. But thats on limited viewings so take it for what its worth :dontknow:
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,046

Post#111 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:50 am

Team looked fire tonight. Classic Warriors, turnovers with a big win :lol:

Shout out to Klay, absolute flamethrower tonight!

Sleepy51 wrote:
RUN-TJM wrote:They are molesting curry on D.

If the refs allow this in the regular season, what the hell are they going to allow in the playoffs?

It actually could give Kerr a chance to put together a reel on points of emphasis for the playoffs but he’s never that proactive.

Man I wonder this all the time, are the Warriors sending these clips in to the league? We had a 10K+ upvoted post on reddit about Steph getting mugged in the Mavs game and no call. I swear with a little publicity we could adjust the ref views ala LeBron's sleepless nights from last season (although obviously not to that extreme).
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#112 » by Romulus » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:54 am

killmongrel wrote:
Romulus wrote:I'll never understand taking out someone when they're red hot just because it's what's in the script. Icing Klay twice (and somehow he over-came it) is just bizarre, but of course, Kerr does this with everyone.

Agreed. Kerr really is anal about that sticking to the script thing.

And yeah, how many of us were begging for Kerr to start TJD months before Kerr finally does it. But the Kerr apologists here want to give him credit for "developing" the young players, but ignore how some of his decisions usually are made because of circumstance.

- Kuminga gets more minutes because Draymond is suspended.
- Moody starts and gets more minutes because Wiggins is injured.
- TJD finally starts because Kuminga is injured.

Remember the Boston game where TJD got his chance and was a key difference in the game? Kerr said in post-game that TJD would be in the rotation and play regular minutes. And then, of course, he went away from him again.

And you make a really good point, Moody, TJD, and Kuminga getting more minutes has absolutely been the result of injuries or suspensions -- not Kerr realizing that those guys needed to play.

I fear too when Kuminga gets back that Moody will once again be put on the shelf never to be heard from again.

Bottom line, Kerr has driven all of nuts this season. And he's not stopping any time soon.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#113 » by superunknown » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:00 am

Read on Twitter
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#114 » by Mac1958 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:08 am

It sure seems to me (and no one asked) that TJD, Kuminga and Moody should be playing. Starting. That means that Klay does not. That means that, for all his value, Green's time is coming. But soon the W's will be risking losing guys they don't need to lose when their contracts end.

Now, for all we know, maybe Kerr has decided to himself that this year is the last shot with the Big Three. If that's the case, I get it even if I think it's one year too long. So I guess I'll hold out hope.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#115 » by jozef » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:33 am

The rotation should be in scripted way.
Slight adjustments are possible cause of matchups, fatigue, fouls or even hot shooting but the main guys need a regularity. That's the key for the success. Usually bench players are the ones who can stay on the floor longer cause of their good play and steal a playing time from main guys (and give them more rest).
So Steve Kerr does it right.
What I dislike are his small lineups and I had written about rotations in other thread.

And I have noticed that they started to do more last possession substitutions every quarter for defensive or offensive purpose and they quite succeed there.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#116 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:47 am

Wiggins rolled his ankle in the 3rd on stephs foot. He tried to give ot a go, but couldn't. He went straight to the lockerroom and didn't return midway through the 3rd quarter. I'm hoping it's precautionary because this team is in such a great rhythm and we have another must win vs the mavs. BTW, luka just went bonkers against the hawks. Moody might be our best luka defender if Wiggins can't go.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#117 » by svart » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:51 am

WarriorGM wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
Frozzy wrote:The salt mine on Clutchfans Forum is funny af

Just like old times

Can you provide a link for me?

Haven't been to Clutchfans in a while so I thought I'd take a look too. Maybe Frozzy was referring to this thread:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/clutchfans-game-thread-warriors-rockets-4-4-2024.322844/

Have to hand it to them for their enthusiasm over there, they took this game seriously judging by the 30+ pages game thread.

Of course if you've never been there before as a Warriors fan you must see this classic thread:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/can-steph-carry-his-own-team-thread.309257/

That was very entertaining :P :P :P
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#118 » by superunknown » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:56 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wiggins rolled his ankle in the 3rd on stephs foot. He tried to give ot a go, but couldn't. He went straight to the lockerroom and didn't return midway through the 3rd quarter. I'm hoping it's precautionary because this team is in such a great rhythm and we have another must win vs the mavs. BTW, luka just went bonkers against the hawks. Moody might be our best luka defender if Wiggins can't go.

for all their mistakes and deficiencies, this team cannot get a break this season for crying out loud. every time they start being in rhythm and balling some injuries/setbacks happen. wtf.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by superunknown » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:09 pm

Read on Twitter

the petty king strikes again :lol:
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#120 » by thunderdunk » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:22 pm

TJD is the real deal. He plays bigger than his size and has a great feel for the game. Podz is similar in both respects. And Podz is an incredible rebounder for his position. What a great job MDJ did in last year’s draft.

Return to Golden State Warriors