ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Re: Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings 

Post#541 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 am

Klay did not hit a shot but pus minus say that Klay was not one of oir worst 5 players..
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#542 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:43 am

Onus wrote:He’s also not a good screener as well.

You’re using complementary as in you can find a role for his skill set. But that’s not what complementary means. In that case everyone is complementary because on a team everyone plays a role. Like Steph is a complementary player the same way Lester is complementary because they both carve out a role that can be useful.

To me complementary is how can you complement a no 1 or no 2 guy. How can you fit in to help their deficiencies or help them be more efficient. The easiest ways to do that are with shooting, defense and rebounding. Things jk is not good at.

Doesnt have to be a good screener if the center isnt coming out on him. And if he is, then the job is already done. Just like with good shooters who are only good shooters, defenses will scramble not to let them have a free look. What's the difference between elite speed rollers/cutters? If there's a good perimeter scorer, say a Trae Young, and Kuminga sets a screen and then books it quickly towards the rim.. that's gonna garner attention that helps the whole team. It helps off-ball shooters, and it helps the handler. That can be weaponized on almost any team

But I was clear in saying that he's a 15-20 minute guy right now, nothing more. The skillset he has, which is unique, complements a very prominent and frequently used skillset in today's game, at least offensively. There should be no shortage of suitors for him, if he's made available, and if his price demands are sane, for teams that already have #1 options on the perimeter

I just dont see much upside beyond that, and I think he could be devastating to a team that *doesnt* have that established #1 already on the roster. Still think the best bet there is a DJM swap with Atlanta, as I think DJM allows Curry to transition to SG full time.. and then Kuminga gets to play with a team that has a lot of shooting on the roster already, which should help guys like Trae, Hunter, Bogs, maybe even lesser shooters who need wide open looks like Jalen Johnson. A roster not built for him, but one where his skillset could legitimately help the #1
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#543 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Klay did not hit a shot but pus minus say that Klay was not one of oir worst 5 players..

Raw +/- is an ingredient, not the entree

If you eat raw flour, I bet it tastes like ****
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#544 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:49 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Klay did not hit a shot but pus minus say that Klay was not one of oir worst 5 players..

Raw +/- is an ingredient, not the entree

If you eat raw flour, I bet it tastes like ****

Plus minus is the most valid ingredient. It can be skewed. Klay had better plus minus than the other starters but Klay may have played more against the Kings bench.

Eye tests matters but only my eye test. Others are delusional.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#545 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 am

well I sincerely hope the white powder on your face is flour
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#546 » by DIO » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 am

Klay 32min 0pts FG:0-10 3P:0-6
Moody 15min 16pts FG:5-8 3P:2-4

32minutes!?!?!?!??!?!?! and...15minutes?!?!?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#547 » by watch1958 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:33 am

I bet Kerr knows exactly what adjustments he needs to make for the second game of the series.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#548 » by svart » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 am

We just lost in a decisive manner a play-in games, and that's what "The Core" is talking about:

1.Kerr - "We need Klay back," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after the game. "He's still got good years left. And I know I speak for everybody in the organization: We want him back. ... What Klay has meant to this franchise and as good as he still is, we desperately want him back."
2.Dray - [Klay is] going to make the best decision for him, the team's got a decision to make and they'll make the best decision for the team. ... I don't think there's any scenario where Klay leaves and that's the best decision for this team and organization," Green said. "[The organization] has shown nothing but respect, loyalty, love and trust. I've got no reason to think, oh man, they're not going to do right by Klay."I have no reason to think that our ownership group isn't going to take care of us the way we have taken care of this organization."

3.Steph: I could never see myself not with those two guys(Dray and Klay)," Curry said. "I understand this league changes and there are so many things that go into it and we're not going to play forever, but we've experienced so much together and at the end of the day I know they want to win, I know I want to win, and that's all I'm worried about."

4.Thompson didn't speak after the game

I am just curious how the ownership is seeing this. If they agree, it would be tough to watch this team till 2026.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#549 » by jozef » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 am

I see 30 M for 2 years, 15 millions per year as a maximum for him and 20 M (10M per year) as minimum.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#550 » by thunderdunk » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:44 am

Barkley said it best after the game. "You can pay Klay less, but that doesn't mean he'll play better." He's already a liability in most games, and older players ALWAYS play worse in the future. Klay is no longer a starter on a contending NBA team. If they desperately want him back, then I need to start watching some other team's games. Hopefully Kerr was speaking diplomatically so that he doesn't look like the bad guy when the Dubs don't re-sign Klay. Otherwise, we're truly screwed. Dubs need to get younger and quicker asap. Re-signing Klay is a bad move, in the wrong direction. If Podz led the team in +/-, that shows what a young guy _with good hands_ who rebounds, has a high BBIQ, and dives for balls can do. Dubs need more of those.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#551 » by svart » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:54 am

jozef wrote:I see 30 M for 2 years, 15 millions per year as a maximum for him and 20 M (10M per year) as minimum.

"Thompson's desire is to hopefully strike a contract that aligns with the rest of the Warriors' dynastic core, sources told ESPN."

I hope he is thinking about Loon :D
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,051

Post#552 » by Jester_ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:01 am

watch1958 wrote:I bet Kerr knows exactly what adjustments he needs to make for the second game of the series.

:lol:

**** Steve Kerr. All I gotta say on the matter.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,692

Post#553 » by WarriorGM » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Something that has been odd throughout the entire season is how many lineups the team flipped through. In this game Sacramento played the same 5 guys for most of the game. The Dubs were a merry-go-round which mostly sucked. They did have a lineup against the Kings' starting lineup that was positive at +6 in 3 minutes. It played a grand total of 4 minutes in the whole game. One doesn't get the sense they were trying to win.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,284

Post#554 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 pm

svart wrote:We just lost in a decisive manner a play-in games, and that's what "The Core" is talking about:

1.Kerr - "We need Klay back," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after the game. "He's still got good years left. And I know I speak for everybody in the organization: We want him back. ... What Klay has meant to this franchise and as good as he still is, we desperately want him back."
2.Dray - [Klay is] going to make the best decision for him, the team's got a decision to make and they'll make the best decision for the team. ... I don't think there's any scenario where Klay leaves and that's the best decision for this team and organization," Green said. "[The organization] has shown nothing but respect, loyalty, love and trust. I've got no reason to think, oh man, they're not going to do right by Klay."I have no reason to think that our ownership group isn't going to take care of us the way we have taken care of this organization."

3.Steph: I could never see myself not with those two guys(Dray and Klay)," Curry said. "I understand this league changes and there are so many things that go into it and we're not going to play forever, but we've experienced so much together and at the end of the day I know they want to win, I know I want to win, and that's all I'm worried about."

I am just curious how the ownership is seeing this. If they agree, it would be tough to watch this team till 2026.

The team isn’t going to throw Klay under the bus. That’s not who they are.

But if Klay is back then any hope to be competitive goes when he’s back.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,284

Post#555 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:49 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Something that has been odd throughout the entire season is how many lineups the team flipped through. In this game Sacramento played the same 5 guys for most of the game. The Dubs were a merry-go-round which mostly sucked. They did have a lineup against the Kings' starting lineup that was positive at +6 in 3 minutes. It played a grand total of 4 minutes in the whole game. One doesn't get the sense they were trying to win.

Kerr has no clue what he’s doing. He’s been continually searching for lineups throughout the year. He thinks this is a community league where everyone has to get minutes.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#556 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:03 pm

RUN-TJM wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I still see a path to be competitive, but it's through defense.

I still Dray, tjd, and wiggins as a dynamic defensive core . Steph isn't that steph anymore, but he's still one of the best. With klay and cp3 not on the books, that 75M off the books. We just need to find a SG that can help tie the team together.

We need to go back to motion offense, it's what works best with steph. You can see the disconnect when jk or cp3 were on the floor, no rhythm to the offense.

I'm of the mind that its time we no longer do the things that are best for Steph, because IMO thats no longer whats best for the Warriors

Bingo!!!

Yep. Big boy pants required by ownership and Mikey. Are the next three years the "honor the legacy tour" or "road back to championship"?

BTW, Curry said in the final moments of post-game that he "wants to win no matter what that looks like" (paraphrasing).
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#557 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:03 pm

Mike Dunleavy Jr. is not and has never been a “relationships guy”

He will be the adult in the room
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#558 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:07 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
RUN-TJM wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
I'm of the mind that its time we no longer do the things that are best for Steph, because IMO thats no longer whats best for the Warriors

Bingo!!!

Yep. Big boy pants required by ownership and Mikey. Are the next three years the "honor the legacy tour" or "road back to championship"?

BTW, Curry said in the final moments of post-game that he "wants to win no matter what that looks like" (paraphrasing).

He should of thought of that in the summer of 2020 then. Someone needed to tell him that you can't have it all. :crazy:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#559 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 pm

svart wrote:We just lost in a decisive manner a play-in games, and that's what "The Core" is talking about:

Lacob has been invisible of late. Anyone else notice that? Isn't he normally all-chummy with the press, showing up at games and giving interviews???
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#560 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:13 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Lacob has been invisible of late. Anyone else notice that? Isn't he normally all-chummy with the press, showing up at games and giving interviews???

There's a reason he has such a great relationship with Draymond, both are amazing front runners.

Return to Golden State Warriors