Looney
13%

Total votes: 15

DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Should TJD start vs Sabonis? 

Post#21 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

I just saw GP2 is out. Dray did well on Fox I thought last year, he proved he can handle minutes on Fox. Now the risk is if Wiggins gets early foul trouble, then we will get cooked. I trusted DDV more than the guys we have now. I would lean Moodys size to cover Fox over Podz, I don’t think Podz can disrupt Fox.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#22 » by watch1958 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I just saw GP2 is out. Dray did well on Fox I thought last year, he proved he can handle minutes on Fox. Now the risk is if Wiggins gets early foul trouble, then we will get cooked. I trusted DDV more than the guys we have now. I would lean Moodys size to cover Fox over Podz, I don’t think Podz can disrupt Fox.
I love Moody and I know he'd bust his butt, but Fox is really a bad match for him, as Kyrie was.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#23 » by jozef » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Looney did very well vs Sabonis last year.
Looney has beaten Trayce in plus minus in something like 3 of the last 4 games.

Wiggins came back from a bad early season.
Has Looney come back from a bad early season?
How far below his play against the Kings last year is the last 3 weeks version of Looney?

I wish Looney had Trayce’s mobility and ability to jump.
I wish Trayce had Looney’s experience, track record of out rebounding opponents and high basketball IQ.
Traye’s basketball IQ is very good for a rookie but he is a rookie.

I Trust Kerr to start the right guy. I don’t trust Kerr so much to adjust in game when a change is needed.
I lean towards starting Looney even though I Love Trayce and value his shot blocking.

Our board is to quick to underestimate the old and overestimate the young

Monk and Huerter the 3 point shooters are out will be replaced by 2 fast guys that might want to blow past our slow guards and take the ball to the rim where Trayce can block their shots but Looney can not block their shots. Kerr needs to be able to adjust in game.

Looney is out of NBA shape. For few minutes he can give a rest to athletes, that's all. Maybe he was lazy in the summer or maybe his health limits him. Still there is no way he could give any spark to the team. As a long-life workout maniac I feel highly uncomfortable to watch him and Dario Saric on the court.

As a basketball fan you should know that a picknroll is the most common play. So Kings would target Looney and their guards would make circles around him.

I remind you my video (and see TJD buried to the bench):

RUN-TJM
Senior
And1: 19

Post#24 » by RUN-TJM » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
RUN-TJM wrote:Give TJD the job. He might struggle in the PnR but will have Green helping him out. He also offers rim protection when defending Sabonis as he won’t exactly be pulled out to the 3pt line.

This is where gp2 being out hurts. We will need someone to slow fox down enough (not stop) for dray to come help. Who takes the fox assignment when wiggs is out?

I’m not sure. I don’t think Wiggins can cover him either. We are going to have to throw different looks at Fox and sometimes hope he misses.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#25 » by Thugleavy34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:56 pm

Yes. I think this one is fairly obvious. The Warriors should and will start Curry / Klay / Wiggins / Green / TJD
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,009

Post#26 » by whatisacenter » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:Yes. I think this one is fairly obvious. The Warriors should and will start Curry / Klay / Wiggins / Green / TJD

Draymond on Harrison Barnes?

You’re most likely right in that will be the lineup but I find the defensive assignments interesting.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#27 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:31 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Thugleavy34 wrote:Yes. I think this one is fairly obvious. The Warriors should and will start Curry / Klay / Wiggins / Green / TJD

You’re most likely right in that will be the lineup but I find the defensive assignments interesting.

Wiggins on Fox
Klay on Murray
TJD on Sabonis
Curry on Ellis
Dray on H.B.

Not a ton of options unless dray or klay guard fox, to start. I think I would double fox pretty often this game and force the other kings to make shots. IF that's the strategy, Klay or even Curry can be the primary assuming the double comes pretty quickly.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#28 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

jozef wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Looney did very well vs Sabonis last year.
Looney has beaten Trayce in plus minus in something like 3 of the last 4 games.

Wiggins came back from a bad early season.
Has Looney come back from a bad early season?
How far below his play against the Kings last year is the last 3 weeks version of Looney?

I wish Looney had Trayce’s mobility and ability to jump.
I wish Trayce had Looney’s experience, track record of out rebounding opponents and high basketball IQ.
Traye’s basketball IQ is very good for a rookie but he is a rookie.

I Trust Kerr to start the right guy. I don’t trust Kerr so much to adjust in game when a change is needed.
I lean towards starting Looney even though I Love Trayce and value his shot blocking.

Our board is to quick to underestimate the old and overestimate the young

Monk and Huerter the 3 point shooters are out will be replaced by 2 fast guys that might want to blow past our slow guards and take the ball to the rim where Trayce can block their shots but Looney can not block their shots. Kerr needs to be able to adjust in game.

Looney is out of NBA shape. For few minutes he can give a rest to athletes, that's all. Maybe he was lazy in the summer or maybe his health limits him. Still there is no way he could give any spark to the team. As a long-life workout maniac I feel highly uncomfortable to watch him and Dario Saric on the court.

As a basketball fan you should know that a picknroll is the most common play. So Kings would target Looney and their guards would make circles around him.

I remind you my video (and see TJD buried to the bench):

Looney is not like Saric. Looney can move but not like Trayce.

Question is did Looney come back like Wiggins did.

Looney beat the Kings with help from Curry last year. I know looney is a lot better now than he was in December. I know Looney had above average mobility for a center except for the lack of jumping abilty vs the kings last year.

In posts you wrote months ago you acted Looney was always imobile like Saric and that was not true. We do not agree about Looney’s mobility. I am not worried about Looney’s pick and roll defense.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#29 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 pm

vvoland wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Wiggins on Fox
Klay on Murray
TJD on Sabonis
Curry on Ellis
Dray on H.B.

Not a ton of options unless dray or klay guard fox, to start. I think I would double fox pretty often this game and force the other kings to make shots. IF that's the strategy, Klay or even Curry can be the primary assuming the double comes pretty quickly.

Why not Dray on Murray and Klay on Harrison Barnes?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#30 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 pm

We apperently have worn beer goggles of the type that make plane Jane look like a hot chick when we look at our young guys.

I love TJD i do not want to have to be the debbie downer voice of reason on Trayce.

Loonei, Klay and Kerr are our ex wives that we are fighting with who will not let us visit our kids even though we are paying child support. That jailbait Moody and Trayce are not as hot as you think they are but I do have to admit that Trayce is looking good to me.
vvoland
Senior

Post#31 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
vvoland wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Wiggins on Fox
Klay on Murray
TJD on Sabonis
Curry on Ellis
Dray on H.B.

Why not Dray on Murray and Klay on Harrison Barnes?

Murray is the better shooter and someone I wouldn't want to help off of.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,084

Post#32 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm

You start TJD and Draymond in the frontcourt, but Draymond will guard Sabonis most of the time. Obviously, right?
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#33 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 pm

vvoland wrote:Wiggins on Fox
Klay on Murray
TJD on Sabonis
Curry on Ellis
Dray on H.B.

No way do you waste Draymond on Harrison friggin' Barnes. Seriously I might put Steph on Harrison - give him the easy assignment.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#34 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 pm

"Who starts at center tomorrow night?" and "Should TJD start vs Sabonis?" are two totally different questions.
vvoland
Senior

Post#35 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
vvoland wrote:Wiggins on Fox
Klay on Murray
TJD on Sabonis
Curry on Ellis
Dray on H.B.

No way do you waste Draymond on Harrison friggin' Barnes. Seriously I might put Steph on Harrison - give him the easy assignment.

I start dray on HB so that he can leave HB and roam behind TJD as the awesome help defender he is. I don't want Dray guarding any specific payer, I want him free to roam and HB is the one least likely to hurt us when Dray leaves him to put out some fires.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#36 » by Xplatformer » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 pm

floppymoose wrote:In crunch time you want Dray on Sabonis and TJD protecting the rim from Fox. But i prefer Loon to start the game because historically the refs call it tighter in the opening minutes, and i would rather Looney picks up those fouls.

The refs have been letting a lot go in the second half of the season. TJD needs to start. More mobile than Loon. Better defender.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,575

Post#37 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:07 am

Honestly, I'd probably start TJD (because I think that leads to our best balanced lineup), but I wouldn't have him guarding Sabonis; I'd have Draymond doing that.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,575

Post#38 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:19 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Honestly, I'd probably start TJD (because I think that leads to our best balanced lineup), but I wouldn't have him guarding Sabonis; I'd have Draymond doing that.

And looks like this is the plan. Every once in a while I say something insightful just to throw you guys off.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#39 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:26 am

As I predicted the moment was too big for TJD
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#40 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:33 am

EvanZ wrote:I think Kerr has a very interesting problem to solve here. Sabonis is not the guy you necessarily want a rookie center to go up against in a game of this magnitude and we've seen Draymond and Looney handle him. Does Kerry start TJD at center? Draymond at center and go small with Wiggins and JK? Does he start Looney? Personally I think I'm starting Wiggins/JK/Draymond.

Second half Kerr starts this lineup. Should have started the game.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to Golden State Warriors