D
65%

Total votes: 26

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Rate the 2023-2024 Season 

Post#1 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:52 am

Well, the season flamed out like a fart in the wind, thus puts an end to what was a strange season for the Warriors and their fans.

It had high's. (Steph as usual, MDJ's masterful drafting, Podz charges taken, Kuminga's moments, the CP3/Saric combination, Saric's benching, TJD's ownership of Wemby's soul, watching the Wizards Poole experience from afar, the late season surge from the squad)

It had low's. (Draymond's descent into psychotic lunacy, Klay's long march towards retirement, the terminal trade of Lord Cojo, losing Deki mid-season, Jokic's crushing game winning 3-ball hoik, Wiggins continuing family issues leading to on court frustrations, the non-stop tease of GPII returning to the court in between long sideline stints, the early season struggles especially at Chase)

So, what rating do you give it?

I can only add 10 options in the poll, so a D is the worst season imagineable, with an A+ being a huge win from what you expected us to achieve.

Fire away.
Coxy
RealGM

Re: Rate the 2023-2024 Season 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 am

The D's start rolling in, lol.

Our team is mega old, not sure what everyone expected.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,057

Post#3 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am

Coxy wrote:The D's start rolling in, lol.

Having a good night are ya? :D
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,178

Post#4 » by cpower » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 am

we are getting older, all the young guys are not ready ...that is a pretty rough year.

Our gms are always behind the curve...on wiseman, on JK and Klay..and maybe wiggins...we are basically waiting for Curry career to end slowly at this moment.
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#5 » by weekend_warrior » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 am

Highest pay-roll in the league, no pick in the draft, went on to miss the play-offs but prematurely locked into extending the coach of this train wreck.

D purely by lack of more appropriate choices.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Coxy wrote:The D's start rolling in, lol.

Having a good night are ya? :D

I see what you did there.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,096

Post#7 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:23 am

Steve sucked, Klay sucked, CP3 was overplayed due to Steve, Moody was underplayed due to Steve, so tired of the '23-24 Warriors.

Major changes are needed. Just going away from Steph isn't the solution as the Spurs have Wemby and OKC has unlimited picks + a crazy team. Nothing is happening in the near future, might as well go all-in to give Steph a chance in his final years. Even if you move off the current core our assets are behind the top asset teams by a lot. Give Steph a chance and hope we can move forward in the mid 2030s.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#8 » by Warriorfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am

They were their own worst enemies
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#9 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:14 pm

Where’s the button for human centipede?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,306

Post#10 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:19 pm

It was a disappointing season. Like it wasn't even a good watch most of the season. Just frustrating at how we lost on all the margins. Continued playing disappointing lineups and players. Really seemed like the entire season was a Klay farewell tour.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#11 » by billinder33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:10 pm

I gave it a B- because that's what it was. A slightly above average season for a team that resides in what is by far the toughest conference.

Not angry at Kerr, Klay, Steph, or Dray. 4 chips in the last decade is an incredible feat in modern sports. The current roster was never going anywhere. CP3 was a horrible fit with the existing teammates but necessary to dump JP's stupid contract. 4 very old dogs, 4 little puppies, and only 2 contributors in their prime - one constantly injured (GP2) and the other constantly out for personal reasons -isn't a viable path to a title. Kerr playing every RealGMer's pet lineups and rotations wasn't going to put this roster in contention, and the vets have earned the right to learn for themselves exactly where they reside in today's NBA landscape. Lacob, Kerr, and 'The Core' have earned that gravitas.

It's finally time to reflect on not only what's been accomplished the last decade but also on the Ws prior struggles and failures - Nelson's futile attempts at a chip, the horrific first post-Nelson era, Spree choking PJ, St Jean the Clown, the DunMurphy era, trading Webber, Purvis Short over Larry Bird, Joe Smith over KG, Fuller over Kobe, Foyle over T-Mac, Jamison over Dirk, PP, and Vince, etc. What happened in the last decade is magical, and that should be in the front of everyone's minds right now, not how many minutes Moody got in a meaningless playin game.

The vets earned this last shot and now its truly over. Unless Lacob completely blows this it up - which means getting rid of the entire Core and starting totally fresh - we're probably going to be surfing the middle of the pack next couple of years. I don't know if there's enough data on Lacob to determine how he's going to handle a group that gave him 4 titles, a new arena, and one of the most valuable franchises in sports. I give it 1/3rd odds either way - keep The Core and start the slow transition to youth, move the Core and start fresh, or something in between where Klay is allowed to walk, Dray is traded, and Steph sticks around to finish out his contract while Wiggs keeps on keeping on.

I really don't want to see Curry in another uniform. Not that it's unprecedented, but IMO the only way that happens is if he wants to play beyond his current contract or if he just wants out (probably only if Klay isn't resigned and Dray is trade). Hopefully he'd realize the grass won't be greener somewhere else. He won't have the gravitas of 4 titles in some other city and the sloppy turnovers and crazy chucking from a 37 year old won't fly with hot-seat coaches who are game managing for their NBA livihoods.

Podz is probably our future lead guard, and unfortunately that's not going to fully work until Curry's gone. IMO JK has until the trade DL to prove that he's made another leap in his game, especially the deep ball, on and off ball defense, and rebounding. Neither Klay, Curry, nor Dray were high draft picks, so I don't see players like JK being dumped for high picks. If anything, it will be a real NBA player than fits the team dynamic.

Go out and touch some grass fellas. Be happy for what has been achieved for once instead of storming around this forum 24x7 seething in unnecessary resentment.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,306

Post#12 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:49 pm

billinder33 wrote:I gave it a B- because that's what it was. A slightly above average season for a team that resides in what is by far the toughest conference.

Not angry at Kerr, Klay, Steph, or Dray. 4 chips in the last decade is an incredible feat in modern sports. The current roster was never going anywhere. CP3 was a horrible fit with the existing teammates but necessary to dump JP's stupid contract. 4 very old dogs, 4 little puppies, and only 2 contributors in their prime - one constantly injured (GP2) and the other constantly out for personal reasons -isn't a viable path to a title. Kerr playing every RealGMer's pet lineups and rotations wasn't going to put this roster in contention, and the vets have earned the right to learn for themselves exactly where they reside in today's NBA landscape. Lacob, Kerr, and 'The Core' have earned that gravitas.

It's finally time to reflect on not only what's been accomplished the last decade but also on the Ws prior struggles and failures - Nelson's futile attempts at a chip, the horrific first post-Nelson era, Spree choking PJ, St Jean the Clown, the DunMurphy era, trading Webber, Purvis Short over Larry Bird, Joe Smith over KG, Fuller over Kobe, Foyle over T-Mac, Jamison over Dirk, PP, and Vince, etc. What happened in the last decade is magical, and that should be in the front of everyone's minds right now, not how many minutes Moody got in a meaningless playin game.

The vets earned this last shot and now its truly over. Unless Lacob completely blows this it up - which means getting rid of the entire Core and starting totally fresh - we're probably going to be surfing the middle of the pack next couple of years. I don't know if there's enough data on Lacob to determine how he's going to handle a group that gave him 4 titles, a new arena, and one of the most valuable franchises in sports. I give it 1/3rd odds either way - keep The Core and start the slow transition to youth, move the Core and start fresh, or something in between where Klay is allowed to walk, Dray is traded, and Steph sticks around to finish out his contract while Wiggs keeps on keeping on.

I really don't want to see Curry in another uniform. Not that it's unprecedented, but IMO the only way that happens is if he wants to play beyond his current contract or if he just wants out (probably only if Klay isn't resigned and Dray is trade). Hopefully he'd realize the grass won't be greener somewhere else. He won't have the gravitas of 4 titles in some other city and the sloppy turnovers and crazy chucking from a 37 year old won't fly with hot-seat coaches who are game managing for their NBA livihoods.

Podz is probably our future lead guard, and unfortunately that's not going to fully work until Curry's gone. IMO JK has until the trade DL to prove that he's made another leap in his game, especially the deep ball, on and off ball defense, and rebounding. Neither Klay, Curry, nor Dray were high draft picks, so I don't see players like JK being dumped for high picks. If anything, it will be a real NBA player than fits the team dynamic.

Go out and touch some grass fellas. Be happy for what has been achieved for once instead of storming around this forum 24x7 seething in unnecessary resentment.

B- is generous. If you go player by player I'm positive you'd find that more than half the guys performed below a b- for the season.
Like Curry played below his standards we'll be generous and give him a B.
Dray had a good on court presence but him being suspended for so many games and then needing a ramp up most likely killed our season. Can you really give him a b- for the entire season?
Maybe you can give JK a b for his improvements to be generous
Podz can be given an A
TJD can be given an A
Maybe you can give cp a b - but felt like he was overused and put in terrible positions and ended up being part of the problem because of it.

I think everyone else probably had a below avg season.
Loon was bad for most of the season. Wiggins was on and off all season. GP only played half a season. Saric wasn't good for most of the season. Moody was barely in the rotation. Klay was terrible except for 1 month? Gui and Lester weren't in the rotation.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,398

Post#13 » by svart » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 pm

I'll give it four of eleven stars.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 454

Post#14 » by superunknown » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:21 pm

D only for the kerr's extension. mindblowing.
the season was lousy, like the home record.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,990

Post#15 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:32 pm

F

They went all in with the Draymond extension and the CP38 trade while failing to make the postseason.

Should have ripped off the bandaid last offseason and committed to a younger, longer, more athletic roster.

Lol at this roster being the highest payroll in sports!
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#16 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 pm

I had more fun watching Chris Hunter and King Devean than this s--- show
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors