ImageImageImageImageImage

TJD - Goals to Improve As a Player (Link)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Re: TJD - Goals to Improve As a Player (Link) 

Post#2 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:21 am

I like that Trayce said that after the top 20 players the talent differences between players are not as important to winning games as who plays harder. I heavily paraphrased Trayce.

It would be nice if Trayce could gain some more muscle without losing speed. Trayce is undersized as a center but has above average speed and jumping ability for a center. Trayce might want to study Dwight Howard who was also a fast undersized 6’ 9” center. Dwight was undersized in height but oversized in muscle.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#3 » by Coxy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:58 am

I'd like Trayce to become as close to Bam Adebayo as he can. Like, I want him to move in with Bam, and do everything he does. Eat the same food, date the same girls, sleep in the same bed, whatever it takes.
RUN-TJM
Senior
And1: 19

Post#4 » by RUN-TJM » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:04 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I like that Trayce said that after the top 20 players the talent differences between players are not as important to winning games as who plays harder. I heavily paraphrased Trayce.

It would be nice if Trayce could gain some more muscle without losing speed. Trayce is undersized as a center but has above average speed and jumping ability for a center. Trayce might want to study Dwight Howard who was also a fast undersized 6’ 9” center. Dwight was undersized in height but oversized in muscle.

Bam would be ideal as an aspirational end point. Bam is super strong and has amazing lateral quickness allowing him to switch and defend. Not sure if TJD has that type of physical potential.

My hope is that he works on his shooting touch from the FT and 3PT lines and adds whatever strength he can to his frame without sacrificing quickness. He also needs to set picks better and improve his situational awareness on D.

If he can be a hyper efficient 12ppg 8rpg 1.5bpg with good defensive metrics that would be huge.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#5 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm

Pretty simple. Develop a free throw line jumper so when hand offs occur and he keeps the ball it's a wide open shot.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,290

Post#6 » by Onus » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Really he needs to play with more force and physicality. Also he's going to have to learn how to guard true bigs.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,805

Post#7 » by floppymoose » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:30 pm

Fewer blocks more stops
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,153

Post#8 » by TB » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm

Pretty impressive that he led our team in blocks per36 by a wide margin while fouling less than Looney or Dray.

I agree with most of what everyone is saying in here, for year two I dont really want much more than:

- Get in best shape possible. He's 23 and already pretty strong so its not like he needs to worry about over-doing it. Just get as strong as you can while keeping mobility.

- Focus on FTs. I think he's probably a 65% shooter who had a bad rookie year shooting it... but I could see him making a quick leap over 70 which would be huge for his success.

- Like Floppy hinted at, positional film study to make some better decisions on defense. I think he could gain another couple rebounds per36 by not over helping on block attempt and getting position for a rebound instead.

Thats about it. I don't need him to over-do it and try to be shooting jumpers or passing like Bam in year 2... but hey maybe that comes along as well.

TJD with better FT shooting and a bit more Looney like defensive awareness would be a good starting center for us.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#9 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:10 am

TB wrote:Pretty impressive that he led our team in blocks per36 by a wide margin while fouling less than Looney or Dray.

I agree with most of what everyone is saying in here, for year two I dont really want much more than:

- Get in best shape possible. He's 23 and already pretty strong so its not like he needs to worry about over-doing it. Just get as strong as you can while keeping mobility.

- Focus on FTs. I think he's probably a 65% shooter who had a bad rookie year shooting it... but I could see him making a quick leap over 70 which would be huge for his success.

- Like Floppy hinted at, positional film study to make some better decisions on defense. I think he could gain another couple rebounds per36 by not over helping on block attempt and getting position for a rebound instead.

Thats about it. I don't need him to over-do it and try to be shooting jumpers or passing like Bam in year 2... but hey maybe that comes along as well.

TJD with better FT shooting and a bit more Looney like defensive awareness would be a good starting center for us.

Trayce is the only big we have that can jump. Of course he gets more blocks.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#10 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 am

floppymoose wrote:Fewer blocks more stops

No. The blocks are good. I do not want to turn Trayce into Looney. Blocks makes opponents uncomfortable about their chances of scoing inside. I did not see Trayce getting less stops by going for blocks.

Return to Golden State Warriors