ImageImageImageImageImage

Am I the only one that's ok with letting Klay/Draymond ride it out

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Re: Am I the only one that's ok with letting Klay/Draymond ride it out 

Post#61 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 pm

Maxthirty wrote:It’s weird to see supposed “fans” acting like Klay and Draymond are at all alike. Draymond is still playing great. Klay otoh… not so much. I still think he has value in the league but he needs to accept a different role. One where he passes more than he shoots.

Also, Steph and Draymond aren’t being separated unless Steph explicitly says so. I doubt that happens.

Think you got it about right.. the fans you are referencing are seeing it from a personal standpoint. They dont like Drays attitude, and its hard not to blame them for that. But I'm fine with Draymond with the young players.. JK credited him a ton for his steps forward this year and Moody has given him credit as well. I know the easy joke is that he'll pop someone, but if he didnt hit Podz this season, I think most young players are gonna be safe :dontknow:
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,404

Post#62 » by svart » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 pm

azwfan wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
azwfan wrote:The dubs got bounced from the play-in as a relatively healthy team. Is maintaining how we do what we do really a priority? I think the dubs need to adjust at the core what they do.

Assuming the odds stay where they are, gsw will have their own pick next season, why not make the adjustment now? The worst that could happen is that they are a significantly worst team than the late lotto team they currently are.

I suppose if one believes theres a deal that can be made that vaults this team into contention, AND one thinks Draymond wont do what hes done the past 2 seasons, then i can see the logic in pushing in that direction. I just dont see it / believe it.

Really, we could do a lot of things, make a lot of choices, go in a lot of different directions. But if the choice is to try to build this team around a different system, I think it is extremely unlikely you work out the kinks and become competitive while Curry is still playing at this level. You could choose to do it anyway, it just depends what your overall goals are.

I think the days of Curry being the best player on a title team are over. Likely not even the best player on a contender. He’s just not consistent as he was.

So, if we can get someone better than Curry, sure lets do that. I just dont see that in the cards.

Watching the playoffs this weekend and it seemed to me that the dubs arent close to that level.

So since i dont see contention now as viable, I think its prudent to set our selves up for the future.

1) repair the culture (no more core players and living in the past)
2) adjust the system to not needing a phd in basketball iq in order to succeed.
3) acquire and develop more talent

That doesnt mean we NEED to slash and burn the old guard, but they definitely need a reality check. I simply dont trust Draymond to keep his emotions and ego in check long enough to not be a distraction and not be a poor influence on the guys hes supposed to be mentoring.

That was exactly what i was thinking, i watched all the games besides cavs/magic and i had the sentiment we couldn't beat any of them in a series, sadly.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#63 » by billinder33 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 pm

CDM_Stats wrote: I know the easy joke is that he'll pop someone, but if he didnt hit Podz this season, I think most young players are gonna be safe :dontknow:

Podz has a huge brass pair, but unlike Poole he backs it up with great all-around play on the court. He's got Steph's team-game mentality and Dray's hyper-outspoken competitiveness all wrapped into one.

You can only get under your teammate's skin so much when your season's +\- is 2x that of the greatest NBA player from the past decade. I'm guessing Lacob and MDJ see him as the 2nd most untouchable trade asset after Steph.

Return to Golden State Warriors