2) No
76%

Total votes: 38

weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Re: Poll: Sign Klay, Yes or No? 

Post#21 » by weekend_warrior » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am

I guess a "fair value" for his level of play would be around MLE. If used properly with a limited role, that could be a solid deal. As I don't believe in his role being set to the benefit of the team, I want to see him gone, even at the chance of a lower rate. (That is unchanged for a year now.)

This team isn't going anywhere with Klay playing a significant role and it just delays the inevitable while making feel everybody miserable on the way.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#22 » by Bayside » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 pm

No more archie bunker bs. Or benny hill.
No more placating to Klay. IT's been years now.

Putting Klay out another year, is just tragic. The general fans will eventually start booing him. For Klays wellbeing and not having to do welfare checks on him, do not put him through that. His ego will not deal with it.

2019 playoffs were a very long time ago now. Start making basketball decisions and not marketing of the big 3.

Losing a lot of good faith gained after the ownership change.
Desperately need new assistant coaches that will do the work Kerr is not capable off. Not named lacob or kerr. This is a mess.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 450

Post#23 » by Romulus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 pm

Bayside wrote:No more archie bunker bs. Or benny hill.
No more placating to Klay. IT's been years now.

Putting Klay out another year, is just tragic. The general fans will eventually start booing him. For Klays wellbeing and not having to do welfare checks on him, do not put him through that. His ego will not deal with it.

2019 playoffs were a very long time ago now. Start making basketball decisions and not marketing of the big 3.

Losing a lot of good faith gained after the ownership change.
Desperately need new assistant coaches that will do the work Kerr is not capable off. Not named lacob or kerr. This is a mess.

This.

Klay should be thinking about another team, the best possible fit. I'm not sure who that would be but I do think he has a role in this league and could be effective with the right coach and organization. Probably not a starter unless he's surrounded by a very athletic and defensive group around him.

And so a large bench role where he comes in and scores at a relatively high volume. What's the market for that? 10m a year? 12? Something like that.

If Klay stays with the Warriors, Kerr has shown how reluctant he is to give him a diminished role. I don't think it will work at all anymore.

The FO has to finally go in a different direction. Letting Klay go is the key to whether this team lives in the past, or instead, finally wakes up and tries to plan for the future.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#24 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 pm

I’m done with Kerr and Klay. The only one I have sympathy for is Curry. He is the franchise. He built Lacob, Kerr, Klay and everyone else’s success. If he shot 0-20 in a playin game I wouldn’t complain. What is frustrating is Kerr placing Klay in the best situation to fail two years in a row during the playoffs.

Everyone’s hard work goes down the tubes. All that training that Curry and his other teammates gets flushed down the toilet when Kerr prioritizes Klay and the scrubs. It was cute when Kerr played the scrubs when the brain trust really was light years. Now that they are behind, Kerr is still playing scrubs.

No way the Warriors were inferior to the Lakers last year or the Kings this year. They’ve been playing with one arm tied behind their backs with anchors holding them down.

If the PR team would like to spin my comments. Please do. You don’t contribute anything than what Rowell and Cohan used to do with a great time out. Ultimately it is production that determines what the middleman eats. When Curry goes bye bye, either by leaving the team or losing his talent, the dream that the fans have been a part of during his career will disappear too.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,399

Post#25 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am

Five-time All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson and the Golden State Warriors paid close attention to Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday's recent contract extension, according to ESPN's Zach Lowe.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117685-nba-rumors-klay-thompson-warriors-took-note-of-jrue-holidays-135m-contract

3/100 is not out of the realm of possibility.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Romulus » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Five-time All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson and the Golden State Warriors paid close attention to Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday's recent contract extension, according to ESPN's Zach Lowe.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117685-nba-rumors-klay-thompson-warriors-took-note-of-jrue-holidays-135m-contract

If that happens the Warriors are done.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,246

Post#27 » by Impuniti » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:

DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 853

Post#28 » by DevinVassell » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:56 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Hard to tell if he is laughing or crying? I guess both are appropriate.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#29 » by killmongrel » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:15 pm

Really hoping that Orlando offers Klay something like a 30 million a year salary.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by Romulus » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:44 am

The Warriors are very likely bidding against themselves here. No one is going to offer Klay 30m a year. Not even 25m. Not even 20m. But sure, Lacob is crazy enough to go ahead and give Klay 25m a year for 3 years so the core 3 can retire together. Just a beautiful ending for everyone. Except the fans, of course.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,694

Post#31 » by WarriorGM » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:16 am

If the team avoids the repeater tax I could see the team offering Klay a pretty hefty contract.

The problem I'm unsure about and that doesn't get discussed much is how does that affect the contracts of the younger guys? If it limits Kuminga's or Moody's future contracts it disincentivizes them. We saw Wiggins this year possibly mailing it in. Did he care less because he saw Poole get shipped out while Draymond stayed? If the next few years are the core three's swan song why should JK and Moody care to go above and beyond especially if the original three are actively holding down their salaries?
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 188

Post#32 » by thunderdunk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:05 am

Even if Klay would agree to take a bench player's salary (and I don't think he will), Kerr will play him 30 minutes a game out of loyalty or something... They really do need to cut ties -- otherwise they will again get what the Dubs got in the play-in game -- a quick exit.

Return to Golden State Warriors