ImageImageImageImageImage

Future Starting Lineup

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Future Starting Lineup 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:28 pm

When the BIG 3 finally hang them up, here's what our starting lineup potentially would look like:

PG: Podz (By default)
SG: Moody
SF: Wiggins
PF: Kuminga
C: Trayce (By default)

Seems like a decent starting defensive lineup, but team BBIQ (Both offense and defense) and overall efficient scoring prowess is untested without Curry, Thompson and especially Green.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Re: Future Starting Lineup 

Post#2 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

I highly doubt Wiggins is here in 3 years.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#3 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:06 pm

EvanZ wrote:I highly doubt Wiggins is here in 3 years.

With the way he’s playing for the last 1.5 year, yeah.

And, if you really think about, the only big FA acquisition we’ve had in almost the last decade was KD. So, it’s imperative that FO drafts well the next 5 years to lure a big-time superstar who thinks there potential to win more and contend deep in the post-season.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#4 » by Onus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm

Without a foundational building block who cares what the future starting lineup will be. None of these players are worth building around. The main thing which of these players will be able to fit next to any type of player, whether that's a shooter, slasher, big, wing, pg. Podz, Moody, Wiggins should theoretically be able to play next to anyone.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Post#5 » by sonnyhill » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 pm

Anyone want to make a prediction on next season's starting lineup?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Post#6 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

And, if you really think about, the only big FA acquisition we’ve had in almost the last decade was KD. So, it’s imperative that FO drafts well the next 5 years to lure a big-time superstar who thinks there potential to win more and contend deep in the post-season.

If he turns it on and plays well.. still, hes not going to be here. Wiggins on a team without a clear #1 is a mess and his value tanks.. frankly they should be moving off him this offseason for that very reason. I suspect thats why he's available

I'm excited to find out who Kerr decides to put in front of Moody next though. An aging veteran? A plucky 2-way? Does he have any other kids?
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#7 » by donkeylips » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:50 pm

sonnyhill wrote:Anyone want to make a prediction on next season's starting lineup?

curry klay kuminga green tjd
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#8 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 pm

Onus wrote:Without a foundational building block who cares what the future starting lineup will be. None of these players are worth building around. The main thing which of these players will be able to fit next to any type of player, whether that's a shooter, slasher, big, wing, pg. Podz, Moody, Wiggins should theoretically be able to play next to anyone.

Obviously our current, young squad aren't touted as generational or rare talents. We will need to absolutely suck to grab top 5 or top 4 for that and start building our roster around him. Kuminga is closest to it, but he's more of an All-star potential, caliber-type player rather than a Superstar.

"The Fit" will be based on if they're able to elevate and develop their game to fit within the scheme of our gameplan. And, that's only if we keep Steve Kerr around. We'll see how Kerr will do once Curry, Thompson and Green are unable to play at the level they're known to play in the next 3-5 years. Will Kerr be exposed from being a "great" coach because of the system he has in place? Or, talent he acquired? Time will tell.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#9 » by Onus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Onus wrote:Without a foundational building block who cares what the future starting lineup will be. None of these players are worth building around. The main thing which of these players will be able to fit next to any type of player, whether that's a shooter, slasher, big, wing, pg. Podz, Moody, Wiggins should theoretically be able to play next to anyone.

Obviously our current, young squad aren't touted as generational or rare talents. We will need to absolutely suck to grab top 5 or top 4 for that and start building our roster around him. Kuminga is closest to it, but he's more of an All-star potential, caliber-type player rather than a Superstar.

"The Fit" will be based on if they're able to elevate and develop their game to fit within the scheme of our gameplan. And, that's only if we keep Steve Kerr around. We'll see how Kerr will do once Curry, Thompson and Green are unable to play at the level they're known to play in the next 3-5 years. Will Kerr be exposed from being a "great" coach because of the system he has in place? Or, talent he acquired? Time will tell.

Kerr is going to retire once Steph retires. The system we have in place will not be the system the young guys will play in the future. You build systems around a foundational piece, without that foundational piece in place building a system is useless.

JK is more likely to be a fringe all star as his ceiling than a perennial all star, you don't build a system around a fringe all star unless you want to be the monta led warriors again.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#10 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:When the BIG 3 finally hang them up, here's what our starting lineup potentially would look like:

PG: Podz (By default)
SG: Moody
SF: Wiggins
PF: Kuminga
C: Trayce (By default)

Seems like a decent starting defensive lineup, but team BBIQ (Both offense and defense) and overall efficient scoring prowess is untested without Curry, Thompson and especially Green.

Warriors can't have a young group with Wiggins as the vet. Warriors will have to nab an all-star guard to have any future...Moody, imo, is just a very good roll player.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#11 » by HiRez » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am

I don't think he's here in 3 months.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#12 » by watch1958 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

If he turns it on and plays well.. still, hes not going to be here. Wiggins on a team without a clear #1 is a mess and his value tanks.. frankly they should be moving off him this offseason for that very reason. I suspect thats why he's available

I'm excited to find out who Kerr decides to put in front of Moody next though. An aging veteran? A plucky 2-way? Does he have any other kids?
Jerome Robinson deserves a shot. For all he’s done for the franchise. :roll:
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Post#13 » by sonnyhill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 am

donkeylips wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:Anyone want to make a prediction on next season's starting lineup?

curry klay kuminga green tjd

So, you are assuming that Thompson re-signs with a new contract extension. If that is the case, why would the team not start the season with your proposed starting lineup, but with Wiggins at the shooting guard position and Thompson coming into the lineup as a 6th man? Wiggins would be able to guard perimeter players better than Thompson as well as dominate smaller and less athletic guards on the block while on offense as well as provide a decent outside threat, too?

Board brothers and sisters, are we all on board with the team rolling it back with the aging "Big 3" for another 2 seasons; and if so, are we as a fanbase no longer expecting to compete for championships?

Joe Lacob does not come across as a "play it safe" owner and might not be willing to continue paying for a roster that is a marginal play-in team.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#14 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 am

Podz
Alijah Arenas
Kuminga
Caleb Wilson
TJD

Return to Golden State Warriors