ImageImageImageImageImage

How much upside Biedrins and Ellis still have left ?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

mait
Senior
And1: 1

How much upside Biedrins and Ellis still have left ? 

Post#1 » by mait » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:46 pm

I am trying to make a point that maybe we should trade both of this players in order to get high draft picks in this years draft along with some vets Nellie can use. The dynamic trio (Baron, Al and Stephen) will still be enough to secure playoff spot to us.

Maybe Andris, Tyronn Lue (treader for TE and second rounder) and POB to Bobcats for their this years draft pick, future first rounder and Nazr Mohammed. MJ seems to be pretty open to move high first round draft picks. Bobcats pick could end up being top 12 that can secure us Nellie type of SF/SG in Nicolas Batum

Monta, Marco, MP ,Kosta and 2 future protected first rounders (2009 and 2011) to Heat for their this years pick (probably TOP 5), Dorell Wright (can fill the void at SF by providing some D and rebounding) and Smush Parker (our back-up PG). Miami seems to be hurry in re-building in order to keep Wade and Riley happy. In Monta they get finished product and fill their biggest hole at PG. TOP 3 pick can land us DeAndre Jordan who should be the mix of something between LaMarcus Aldrige and Dwight Howard.

And our this years pick can be used to crab next Rajon Rondo in Rodrigue Beaubois.

Nazr | Croshere
Al | Brandan Wright
Dorell | Matt Barnes
Stephen | Kellena Azubuike
Baron | Smush Parker

this line-up doesn't look bad at all

and it looks even prettier in long run with drafted talent:

DeAndre Jordan
Brandna Wright
Dorell Wright
Nicolas Batum
Baron

Any thoughts......
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#2 » by NuWarriors » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:04 pm

this is a joke right?
thetrueth
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by thetrueth » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:05 pm

awful.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Re: How much upside Bidedrins and Ellis still have left ? 

Post#4 » by Hopper15 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:18 pm

mait wrote:we

???
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by sanddude909 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:30 pm

To answer the poster's question:

I think Monta still has substantial upside left. He can still improve his jump shot (already better than last year), his passing, cut down on turnovers, etc.

Andris, I'm not as sure about. His game, like Monta's depends on quickness, but the things he can add to his game must not detract from that quickness. He's got a great first step and a decent first dribble, but do you want to see him shooting mid-range jumpers? getting a lot of assists?

I suspect that what we see with Andris now is what we'll get for the next decade. I doubt that he will develop into a more efficient player because he is already off the charts as far as that goes. Maybe get his free throw percentage up to 70%.

But I doubt he will ever be a go to guy through whom a teams runs the offise.
RayRe
Rookie

Post#6 » by RayRe » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:30 pm

lol :crazy:
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#7 » by St.Nick » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:39 pm

Jeezus...what is with all the weird trade proposals lately...?
Tivon
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Tivon » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:55 pm

St.Nick wrote:Jeezus...what is with all the weird trade proposals lately...?

Thats all I've been trying to figure out...everybody wants to just be a GM, PICK up a video game and work your silly trades that way, don't try to unleash the ignorant trades upon us in real life so we have to suffer another decade....

Monta and Biens have 20x more upside than barnes and pietrus...use their names...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#9 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:56 pm

Both have amazing upside.... one of them will realize it here in midgetball, and the other one will not realize it here... if anywhere, if ever, unfortunately.

Ellis has shown flashes of being great... he can get around anyone, finish at the rim, extraordinary athlete. Has a decent mid range jumper... funnels to the low block extremely well. What he needs to work on is all very fixable - consistency with the jumper, seeing passing lanes faster, seeing passing lanes that WILL open, and in defense, guarding space in a zone.

Biedrins can do the same... he's a very good and controlled finisher, a quick and smart player with great positional instincts. He really needs to stop going for blocks and trying to just disrupt shots. Needs to be more assertive, demanding the ball, its the only way he'll ever really get it. If he could dribble with his right hand, he'd be tough to stop....

But these are NBA Live trades bro... seriously, no one trades young talent like that for more draft picks...
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by mistatwo mayn » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:59 pm

I don't think either of these guys have scratched the surface with their skillsets.

Both have improved their game (though Dre is tired-looking right now).

What to expect?
Ellis-
Ball hawk. Will learn to play passing lanes, play better perimeter D, and post defense.
Offensively, he will develop a 3 point shot, and a strong left hand.

Dre-
Will get called for less fouls.
Offensively, he will develop a midrange game, a right hand, and will use his ability to run a fast break on his own.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#11 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:05 pm

I'm really beginning to think that maybe Nellie (and Mully) are holding Beans back a little. Maybe thinking about that contract they're going to be having to give him next year. hmmm. Dudes been shooting about 70% lately, but still gets very few shots and low minutes most of the time. Think they might be screwing with his double-double? I do.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:07 pm

Biedrins is the quickest *big* in the league and Monta's the quickest in the league....Of course theyve got upside..Monta's showing more proggresion this season..but that's to be expected..He's got Sid the Squid, Richmond, Jack, Baron ..All kinds of coaching..Who does Biedrins have? :lol: Russel Fricken Turner :lol:
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#13 » by St.Nick » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:10 pm

If Russell Turner mysteriously disappears I'll know exactly who to point the finger at.
mait
Senior

Post#14 » by mait » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:36 pm

Sorry just a random trade idea.

The reason i post this was that i think we the players we need to contend title. Which Nelson/Suns type of running team have won the championship in last 15 years. DeAndre will be bigger inside presence than Andris will ever be (Andris is just to limited offensively). And Monta is more suited for PG (size) but we already have all-star caliber PG.

The backbone of my idea was a fact that we can play play-off basketball even w/o Monta and Beans if we get back Nazr and Dorell Wright.
So why not gamble a little bit and try to get back all-star level talent from draft. Instead of DeAndre we may even end up drafting at 1 with MIA pick. That means Beasley = dream player for Nelson.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Tue Jan 1, 2008 10:11 pm

NuWarriors wrote:this is a joke right?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Laughed till I puked.

D Jordan...Batum get to join Wright and POB in the wasted picks deep freeze until Nellie moves on? Aside from Beasley,there's a draft chock full of guys who have real slim resumes...a month of college ball...hype from whuppin' on high school kids....

Batum....a poor man's Diaw?

What the hell do we roll back the clock for,to get ONE game a month where Nazr earns his paycheck? The Warriors have DESPERATELY hunted for a Biedrins for 20 years....so we start that quest over in a move that may make the Joe Barry Carrol deal look good by comparison?

Biedrins and Ellis may come up a bit short of ALL STAR,but AS-IS are not that far from it and figure to add something to the toolbox each of the next 5+ years. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Post season....Yeah...we MAY look at dealing for a pick when we KNOW what we get..and when what we send is not gonna spoil the pick. I would NOT trade a lot to get a lotto pick while Nellie is the coach. As I note elsewhere...Celtic rd 2 Glen Davis has more points/boards and minutes than our last 3 ROUND ONEguys COMBINED. We cut a rd 2 wi8thout a real tryout. We abandoned another rd 1 after a year of "project" cold storage,and have given yet anothe former lotto his ticket to Miami or ? In terms of making any useof a pick...or a rough project ike Dorell Wright......we suck. :(

Here......we get nothing but raffle tickets with a door prize we know little about. We are bettin' the family farm on a longshot in the Kentucky Derby....6 months before the race. :roll:

That can go VERY wrong. :wavefinger:
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#16 » by old rem » Tue Jan 1, 2008 10:48 pm

You said "gable a bit" then instead GAMBLE HUGE...like put the whole damn future on the roulette table.

...and suppose we get DeA Jordon and he's POB 2.0 and after his tour of the D League gets the boot? Can't happen here? It DOES happen here.

Wright? Nazr, replaces Mbenga and Pietrus....not Biedrins + Ellis. As is we are in a fight for the playoffs because the Lakers-Hornets-Blazers stepped it up. Utah will surge soon...and replacing 2 key starters with 2 backups....we will be lined up for our very own late lotto one more time.

If I had a SHRED of confidence that the Warriors can draft + develop with above average efficiency...I might sign onto the general concept...still would reject the specifics of this deal.
CENSORED... No comment.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#17 » by realfung » Tue Jan 1, 2008 11:29 pm

Trading away two franchise players????

Monta + Biedris, I think I am not ready to give up them unless there is another franchise player on the block...or draft picks???

But why draft picks since we already drafted what we want.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#18 » by Souvlaki » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:24 am

Is it me or is Monta's defense actually getting worse?
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#19 » by shucknjive » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:41 am

This is the same joker that posted the following last May:

It is very unlikely but if Warriors can somehow trade J-Rich to Orlando for Darko are Lakers fans willing to do this:

Andris Biedrins
Adonal Foyle
Monta Ellis

for

Kwame Brown
Andrew Bynum ...

cept for the Foyle part--go away dude
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
iowarrior
Rookie

Post#20 » by iowarrior » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:42 am

Mait.

Mate.

Mate?

Mate!

(All of this said in the same tones that the guy in the Bud Light commerical says, "Dude.").

Return to Golden State Warriors