ImageImageImageImageImage

How do you feel about the state of our team?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

A) This team is really enjoyable, I'm happy with them...lets see what happens this season
62%
B) Let's tweak the core a bit and hope that it improves us (give an idea below)
15%
C) This team ain't sniffing a Championship...forget this year and build for the future
12%
C) This team ain't sniffing a Championship...forget this year and build for the future
12%

Total votes: 34

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1 » by St.Nick » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:07 am

Just want to get a pulse on how people feel about our current squad and what we should be focusing on this season.

Add your thoughts and ideas on the topic.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:30 am

St.Nick
Banned User

Post#3 » by St.Nick » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:34 am

Someone doesn't want to see what most of our fans really think.

Nice graphic though. Looks like Michael Bolton from Office Space going to town on the copy machine.
thetrueth
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by thetrueth » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:42 am

I voted A, because I dont consider a Pietrus trade for a back up PG, as tweaking the core.

I'd like to see Biedrins become more effective and more integrated in our game, and for Wright to get some playing time.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#5 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:47 am

St.Nick wrote:Nice graphic though. Looks like Michael Bolton from Office Space going to town on the copy machine.

It is :D

Point was... of course people are going to have different opinions... poll not needed... I can tell you now the majority of people are going to put option 1, and I'm glad I'm not in that majority :D
gswwhoops!
Senior

Post#6 » by gswwhoops! » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:50 am

I miss the drought - LF
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#7 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:06 am

You can't really complain. With this team, we're not ready to make a run at the championships. However, we are improving as the season goes along.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#8 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:19 am

I'm frustrated...This roster is special..Years later you will look back at 07-08 + 08-09 and dream about what could of been...The warriors small guys are killing it..Imagine if our big guys were doing the same.... :censored: !!!
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:38 am

LF75 wrote:I'm frustrated...This roster is special..Years later you will look back at 07-08 + 08-09 and dream about what could of been...The warriors small guys are killing it..Imagine if our big guys were doing the same.... :censored: !!!

I really really really want Wright to use steroids. I'm thinking about putting some in his gummy worms.

As for POB... I thought he was our backup center after watching him in SL action. However, I would like to snatch Charles Manson's balls (yes I know, they're old) and duck tape the to POB.

Bellinelli needs to fight Mr. T and learn how to shoot a ball without doing a bicycle kick. Make the damm shot son, stop worrying about if you nicked your leg while shaving.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Souvlaki » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:19 am

I have a lot of problems with the roster from the top down. But after last night I'm prepared to let that all go and enjoy the ride. This team can do some pretty amazing stuff together.
dom80e
Analyst

Post#11 » by dom80e » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:04 am

I voted for B. I would like to move Al for a better rebounding big that would still fit in the offense. However, since there are only a handful of guys in the league that would work and I don't want any of Jack, Baron, Ellis, or Biedrins to go, I am also ok with A.

The two guys at the top of my list are Odom and Okur.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:12 am

Okur and Troy Murphy are at the ___ of my list.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 309

Post#13 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:41 am

I'd atleast like to see Nellie give Wright spot minutes but I'm just enjoying the ride. It's hard to complain about being six games over five hundred considering we're playing a very difficult stretch of our schedule.

I think our new years resolution is to atleast reach ten games over five hundred which we haven't done in years.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by crzy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:24 am

Just to throw in my two cents. I am at option B, but I'm always open to trading away anyone that can make us better. And that includes Baron Davis.

As far as the deals that 510Reggae/Subaculta have proposed,

Elton Brand....hell yes (though not realistic). Lamar Odom....nope.

For the time being though, our focus should be on improving our team this season by using the TE or making small moves to make our team deeper.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by crzy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:25 am

dom80e wrote:The two guys at the top of my list are Odom and Okur.

Okur....yuck.

I hate soft perimeter oriented centers. We've already been down that road, remember?
dom80e
Analyst

Post#16 » by dom80e » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:01 am

crzyyafrican wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okur....yuck.

I hate soft perimeter oriented centers. We've already been down that road, remember?

Okur would fill the same role as Harrington. Stretch the defense. He is a more consistent shooter and a better rebounder.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#17 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:17 am

dom80e wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okur would fill the same role as Harrington. Stretch the defense. He is a more consistent shooter and a better rebounder.

No chance Mehmet fills the same role as Al. He would change the complexion of the team significantly on both ends. They both can shoot, but that's about where the similarities end.

The thing you have to realize is that Okur is among the slowest bigs in the league - he might be the slowest with Z healthy this year.

Aside from not being able to run (and more importantly tire opposing bigs by making them run with him) Okur will be totally unabel to help us accomplish the things we do well on D. We lose the ability to swarm the ball from all 5 positions, he's not quick enough to effectively distrupt passing lanes, or front anyone, and he generally doesn't fight very hard for position or denying entry passes. Okur is a low energy player that's a bad fit for a team that thrives on high energy on both ends. He's Murphy with a better shot.

Al does A LOT more to help our D than people want to acknowledge. He doesn't put up big defensive box scores, but he takes opposing players (not named Duncan, Dwight, Garnett or Boozer) out of their comfort zones and his work away from the ball on D helps our other guys put up their guady steal and turnover differential numbers.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#18 » by FaTaL » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:18 am

need to get bigger, go get wilcox!
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:20 am

dom80e wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not much of an upgrade.

Harrington actually shoots a higher percentage then Okur from the field and from three and Okur is only averaging 5 rebounds this year just like Al.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:25 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Al does A LOT more to help our D than people want to acknowledge. He doesn't put up big defensive box scores, but he takes opposing players (not named Duncan, Dwight, Garnett or Boozer) out of their comfort zones and his work away from the ball on D helps our other guys put up their guady steal and turnover differential numbers.

I actually think Al takes Boozer out of his comfort zone some because Boozer doesn't want to come out and guard Al. Al also has the quickness to drive on Boozer like he did plenty of times in the game at Utah this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors