ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors trade scenario thread....

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Do you like it?

Yes
40%
No
60%
The Warriors have winning record, don't make any changes.
No votes
The Warriors have winning record, don't make any changes.
No votes

Total votes: 10

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#21 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:04 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Wow, so much hate for Charlie... I think the guy would be a great fit. He seems like a Nelly PF to me. The guy is 6 11 240, athletic, smart, smooth and I think he would thrive with Baron.

Maybe if the Bucks were having a fire sale, however I think that they are probably overpricing him. This is just based on some of the offers I've seen (i.e. trying to stick someone with Gadzuric and his lousy contract). Even if there is some intrigue regarding Charlie in a Ws uni, it's not at the price that they're likely asking for.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#22 » by marthafokker » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:50 pm

Bucks fans want Pietrus for CV straight up.... why are some of us Dubbs fans giving away talent for free?

And CV is not smart. He is the bald head version of Pietrus. We want him here only because he is taller and can also shoot 3s.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#23 » by old rem » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:51 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe if the Bucks were having a fire sale, however I think that they are probably overpricing him. This is just based on some of the offers I've seen (i.e. trying to stick someone with Gadzuric and his lousy contract). Even if there is some intrigue regarding Charlie in a Ws uni, it's not at the price that they're likely asking for.

Charlie is a decent scoring tweener F,brings no "power" to PF and too little D vs a quick SF. Were we getting him cheap....WTF,but there's not much reason to think a guy the Bucks see as expendable will be much of a plus.

Some team may yet get him and remake him into a pretty good overall player. Fine. I'd say that much for POB+ Pietrus. I see other possible targets who-at less cost (trade value) have-IMHO better upside.
CENSORED... No comment.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,846

Post#24 » by gswhoops » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:11 am

I'd do MP for Villy, no more.
darobster17
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#25 » by darobster17 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:32 am

I'd deal Patrick O'bryant for CV...If we include Mp then I would want a first round pick back.
EJS99
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#26 » by EJS99 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:01 am

A part of me thinks they have to win now with Baron and Jax. They bring so much to the table I think the Warriors need to do something now while the window is open with Baron.

If Seattle is looking for expiring contracts and draft picks, the Warriors should offer a package of either the TPE, Pietrus, and POB and maybe even a draft pick for Watson or Wilcox. Watson gives them a veteran guard to lead the team when Baron is out and Wilcox gives them more size to deal with those big teams that give the Warriors trouble. You bring Harrington off the bench along with Azubuike and Barnes and I think you have something even more special.

Return to Golden State Warriors