ImageImageImageImageImage

POST GAME Starting*PG 40*Spurs in Oaktown Sky is falling7:30

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#501 » by J-Rich- » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:18 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:

G-Spot is one of the few teams I don't hate in the West, so I hope to see y'all advance in the playoffs..hopefully vs. Phoenix or Dallas..

thanks. i love the Spurms too
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#502 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:57 pm

If we can just get some bench production this team would be so much better. We need to cut the minutes of our big 4.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#503 » by Chris Cohan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:19 pm

Haven't read the thread but I assume it's all joy in Mudville. It should be.

Getting the Spurs to give in on D the way we do/were was a thing of beauty. Very fun finish. Terrible game early but, by the end of it, the chucking came through.

Funny what happens when we get Baron some rest and a team coming off of two b2b's in 4 days: highlights!
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#504 » by NuWarriors » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:21 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:and to that one poster..please, don't compare us to the Mavs, you know better than that :D

Yeah man, that was a joke... I don't really believe that. Spurs are the elite of the elite... really just thankful to get the win. ;)
Subaculta
Analyst

Post#505 » by Subaculta » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:53 pm

Hopper15 wrote:Stat of the Night:

Barnes, Matt +5

:rofl:

Matt needs to come off the bench. He's energy, he matches up much better with the 7th, 8th guy on the opposing team, he can play a few positions... and he plays much better when he's got a chip on his shoulder/has something to prove.

No more starts for Matt... and his minutes should be slowly be converted to minutes for BWright.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,422

Post#506 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:55 pm

Sorry....great game....but....when I heard that the Spurs hit a three pointer when a two couldn't hurt the Warriors...I guessed that it was Pietrus who was playing out of position.....

Guess what... :banghead:

THAT's why Pietrus needs to be traded out of here. In a season like last one...where bonehead moves cost you a playoff etc....There are NO good teams that have players that just have brain farts continously...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#507 » by mistatwo mayn » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:06 pm

Pietrus played better than his mistakes. You knew that 3 ball was going to go in regardless just because of the B.S. factor associated with the game.

He had about... 3 dumb fouls, 3 poor rotations that game. The rest was money.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#508 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:08 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't vote Dre...

Salary cap :P

Don't worry. Nellie's already taken care of that by limiting his pt for the most part so far this season. He doesn't have enough time to rebound from that. He had a better shot at making it last season. The one good thing though is that he won't be able to get away with that horse$hit the rest of this season.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#509 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:14 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Sorry....great game....but....when I heard that the Spurs hit a three pointer when a two couldn't hurt the Warriors...I guessed that it was Pietrus who was playing out of position.....

Guess what... :banghead:

THAT's why Pietrus needs to be traded out of here. In a season like last one...where bonehead moves cost you a playoff etc....There are NO good teams that have players that just have brain farts continously...

Without Petey (especially in the first half when they couldn't buy a bucket) we may not have been in a position to win the game in the second half. Do we throw out the baby with bath water (just because of a few a couple of bonehead plays in comparison to what was a solid contribution). Jack made a heckuva lot more (prior to his "resurrection") and so did Monta. Do we want to trade them too? Some do, but not me. You always have the ability to give a guy a warm seat on the bench if he's blowin' it. The guy who should get trade (if anybody) was Barnes. Thank goodness took him out and didn't give him too many minutes the rest of the game. I think Pietrus' positives outweighed his negatives last night but of course if we lost, he'd get the brunt of the blame (just like the playoffs, lol).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#510 » by mistatwo mayn » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:58 pm

Barnes played himself into a 5 mil -5yr contract.... with no healthcare
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#511 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:12 pm

BARON = UNSTOPPABLE

best angle of the game
Baron popping that 3 in Udokas face while the shot clock was getting down and the camera was right behind the backboard (late 4th quarter). everyone knew Baron was gonna pop that 3.

i saw some glipses of old baron. Pietrus and Bookie were amazing (ill forgive Pietrus for that out of bounds screen).

MVP...MVP...MVP
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach

Post#512 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:13 pm

and for all those hating on barnes...you have got to be kidding me. hes the 3rd and final play maker on the team. i have no question that he deserves to be part of the rotation.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#513 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:17 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:and for all those hating on barnes...you have got to be kidding me. hes the 3rd and final play maker on the team. i have no question that he deserves to be part of the rotation.

I don't think too many said he should be completely out of the rotation (O.K., maybe a few) but that he just shouldn't be starting, that's all. And btw, no props for Bukie? He only shot 7-7. You're not one of those Bukie haters are? All the Bukie haters, Monta haters and even Mickey Pete haters (to some degree) had a bad night. Oh and you might as well include the Baron haters and the Big Al haters too. lol.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#514 » by old rem » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:42 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think too many said he should be completely out of the rotation (O.K., maybe a few) but that he just shouldn't be starting, that's all. And btw, no props for Bukie? He only shot 7-7. You're not one of those Bukie haters are? All the Bukie haters, Monta haters and even Mickey Pete haters (to some degree) had a bad night. Oh and you might as well include the Baron haters and the Big Al haters too. lol.

While Baron had a lot of the "star" impact...it was more than most a team win. We don't have a roster full of hall of fame guys....nobody does. We..like any good team...need to have a % of our players near their best and filling a role,adding to the package. Sometimes we limit what we MIGHT get being too dependant on 2-4 guys to do it all. Sometimes we get a couple guys playing great and others sucky...it happens.

We shot over 50% vs the Spurs D

We OUTREBOUNDED the Spurs.

We got a big boost from 2 bench guys.

:clap:

The trick is to find a way to ADD ON to that,to make the best of that a bit more "our game" rather than a heroic effort we can summon up just a few times a season.

That "out of bounds screen" I didn't get a real good look...but wasn't that a no call? I take it Pietrus obstructed some Spur who was out of bounds and the refs missed it??? Maybe MP is getting the star calls now? :lol:

9 boards for Monta. Is he pushing for PF minutes?
CENSORED... No comment.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#515 » by marthafokker » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:52 pm

Uh? Pietrus got called for an offensive foul for that out of bounce play.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#516 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:24 pm

old rem wrote:That "out of bounds screen" I didn't get a real good look...but wasn't that a no call? I take it Pietrus obstructed some Spur who was out of bounds and the refs missed it??? Maybe MP is getting the star calls now?

I'm not sure what the rule on that is but setting a screen for a guy 2 1/2 feet from th inbounds? That was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen, I have to admit. It was funnier than $hit. But like I said, MP made more plays than he screwed up. Besides bringing them immediate scoring off the bench (he was the first man to come in oof the bench even before Big AL), and hit a three when no one was able to hit the broadside of a barn I mentioned in a previous post. He may have been the best defender out there (aside from Beans maybe, and that includes Jack, did you see that ankle-breaker Ginobili put on him btw?). He had two tremendous blocks (especially that one he got on Duncan) which was "all ball" and not a foul as those lousy refs (yes, the refs were terrible once again) called it. We can find bonehead plays for most everyone at times, although I agree that Petey probably has more than his share. But that out of bounds screen was a beaut. Classic Pietrus (or as LF lovingly calls him "the French Trainwreck" which in French is catastrophe ferroviaire de France. Definitely belong on the "top 10 list of Petey boners" and perhaps the top Warrior all time. I'm a pretty staunch defender of Pietrus. We have a team of "flawed" players, agreed that some are moreso than others.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#517 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:25 pm

Yeah Pietrus set a real nice screen... about two feet out of bounds, beyond the baseline. I guess that was a pretty easy call.

Barnes didn't play well, but credit to him for sucking it up and trying to make a go of it while suffering from the flu.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#518 » by Hopper15 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:28 pm

Not only did he screen out of bounds, but it was a moving pick to boot. :lol:
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach

Post#519 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:33 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

dont get it twisted...i love bookie. (before season began i thought Bookie should have been the starter over Monta because bookie is a complete player)

and that Pietrus out of bounds screen...has anyone ever seen that before? cause thats gonna be a ripleys believe it or not thing one day.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#520 » by mistatwo mayn » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:51 pm

That out of bounds screen was an iffy. Really, how many of you guys would have done that?

Old Rem hit it though; Baron played like a thug, but IT WAS a team effort.

The beauty of a non-back to back; we still talk about the previous game.

Return to Golden State Warriors