ImageImageImageImageImage

Twist yo fingers! Golden State in Duckland... 7:00PM FSN 1/9

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Twist yo fingers! Golden State in Duckland... 7:00PM FSN 1/9 

Post#1 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:34 am

Some of you are in Gangs... and feel the urge to twist your fingers...
Whether you're looking for directions to buy some marshmallows and ginger ale

Representing P.C.'z (death to Mac's!)

Or SCi-Tolopimpagy

And of course... if you're a blogger
If you got the urge to twist yo fingers... can I get an Ahem?!?!?
THANK YOU

Tonite's matchup is like that of the Hotlanta Hawks of the West; young roadrunners.

Let's get into the starting lineups:

At SF
Martell Webster

At PF
Travis Outlaw

At SG
(do kids even know what an etch n sketch is now?)

At C
Lamarcus Alderidge

I personally prefer to sign on a female..
Like this guy
but she still ugly

At PG... Mr. O.P.P.
Jarret Jack

(Note: Pryz and Blake supposedly start... but these guys torch us)

Versus:

The Law...

At C-PF-SF-SG-PG
Biedrins-Pietrus-Jackson-Monta-Baron

Bottom
guy
CJ Watson

Al Harrington

Keys to the game:
-Portland swings A LOT; play zone
-Deny the block
-Clog the middle
Space floor on offense and pick guys apart one by one (avoid their help D)

Odds... like last time... coming soon
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#2 » by djdamon » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:23 am

I think we win this one, they've been sitting around too long doing nothing :clap:

They might have the misfortune of Roy not playing, I understand he's a bit bruised, ouch.
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#3 » by St.Nick » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:52 am

I also am predicting a win. GS rarely loses to a team two times in a row these days. I think Portland caught them by surprise last time and this time will be very different. If Roy is out then it seems like a sure thing.
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#4 » by Jack wore plaid » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:23 pm

Good luck tonight ....sort of.

Roy has said he is going to give it a go, but then again he did that against the Jazz and only played 9 minutes.

And I agree, please play zone. Portland is one of the best perimeter shooting teams in the league.

Tonights matchup will be tough. GS is a really good team. Like I said good luck the rest of the way, just maybe not against us.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#5 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:24 pm

St.Nick wrote:I also am predicting a win. GS rarely loses to a team two times in a row these days. I think Portland caught them by surprise last time and this time will be very different. If Roy is out then it seems like a sure thing.

that's exactly what Utah was thinking
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#6 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:51 pm

I think the Warriors realize this is a must win for them. I think that they need to establish dominance over Portland or else their playoff chances will be taking a big hit. Also, I believe Baron will be "gunning" for Roy (in a sense) as he continues his all star and MVP push. Portland is a big threat to the Warriors right now for playoff position (they're ahead of us (someone needs to "put them in their place" so to speak) and Roy is a big threat to Baron (in terms of where on the point guard list he belongs). If Roy's hurt, watch for Baron's killer instinct. If we lose a second time to Portland beats them again (the first time we can use the excuse that we were "surprised") then we've got problems as making the playoffs again will become that much harder.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:13 pm

wow... when did portland fans get this cocky? Someone stop the season and give these dipshats the damm trophy already? :o

Anyhow... YES. Zone normally would get killed against a perimeter team, but there is no way to close out in man against this team; ball moves too well and too quick.
Last time, it was pick n roll to death.
Who's played zone against Portland?
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:13 pm

Get me a WHOPPER!
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#9 » by Charlie78 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:34 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:wow... when did portland fans get this cocky? Someone stop the season and give these dipshats the damm trophy already? :o

About the 11th win of our 13 game win streak. Or maybe around the time we had won 20 games a third of the way through a season when alot of people predicted we wouldnt crack 30. I think we have a right to be a bit cocky right now until someone puts us in our place.

Looking forward to a great game tonight. S.Jax was on our local radio show today and I have totally changed my opinion on him. Used to think he was a bad dude. But he was really accountable for his mistakes and overall intelligent and well spoken. Heres to HOU and UTAH not making the playoffs and us meeting up in the second round.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#10 » by GSWhoopfan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:48 pm

i love watching Travis Outlaw...hes going to be a star one day

Portland plays hard for 48 mpg. Portland will outrebound us tonight as well. Hopefully Martell doesnt go off and score 24 points in a quarter against us tonight.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#11 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:52 pm

Blazers in a blowout win; fueling Nellie's demands for trades and forcing Mullin to pull the trigger.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:14 pm

Charlie78 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Heres to HOU and UTAH not making the playoffs and us meeting up in the second round.

Well spoken 8)
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#13 » by KR4 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:23 pm

Portland is due for a loss at home. Are the Warriors the team to hand it to them? Probly not.

One thing that is different from the last game is that we have Monta this game. We sorely missed him last trip up to Portland.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#14 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:27 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Blazers in a blowout win; fueling Nellie's demands for trades and forcing Mullin to pull the trigger.

Hope not.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#15 » by Jack wore plaid » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:30 pm

KR4 wrote:Portland is due for a loss at home. Are the Warriors the team to hand it to them? Probly not.

One thing that is different from the last game is that we have Monta this game. We sorely missed him last trip up to Portland.

I guess there are two things that are different because we didn't have LaMarcus Aldridge in the first game.
Dav7z
Junior
And1: 25

Post#16 » by Dav7z » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:57 pm

Bobcats fan good luck in the game . Kick some tail. Just wanted to comit on the game intro . Some body does some very nice work. Very nice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#17 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:06 pm

Jack wore plaid wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess there are two things that are different because we didn't have LaMarcus Aldridge in the first game.

Beans is gonna school him.
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#18 » by KR4 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:42 pm

Jack wore plaid wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Touche', but you won, so I can use that as an excuse. 8)

I'd love to see Monta on Roy. Martell and Outlaw are gonna kill us this game. We do very bad against fast, lanky teams.
Mayor Baron
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#19 » by Mayor Baron » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:19 pm

lol at pietrus pic for outlaw... if only that can mean us getting outlaw back...

im looking for monta to bounce back from a sub-par game against spurs tonight

barnes under 10 min of PT = win...book it
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#20 » by Village Idiot » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:33 pm

As a Portland fan I can tell you the way to beat our starting line-up is to send a 3rd man in to break-up the high-post pick and roll between Roy and Aldridge. Either can get past, or shoot over their oponent in a 1 on 1 situation with motion. Przybilla is the weak link offensively.

Play the starters as much as you can because the Blazers bench has a tendency to make the difference in games. Travis Outlaw especially has developed into a clutch player with several virtually unstopable moves in his arsenal. Deny him the ball and force him to move without the ball.

How does one beat the Warriors?
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to Golden State Warriors