Eurobasket 09 thread:

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Eurobasket featuring Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf 

Post#121 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 pm

turk3d wrote:Chris Mullin - Definitely cared about what was spent while he was the GM.

Derrick Fisher and Mike Dunleavy Jr. wrote: :rofl2:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#122 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

turk3d wrote:
Chris Mullin - Definitely cared about what was spent while he was the GM.
:thumbsup: Nobody is more consistant than turk
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#123 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Oscars,
Might I suggest forwarding the Latvian text of the original interview to the Warrior beat writer blogs adn asking for their assistance in translating? The news guys should have access to confident translation resources. I would really like to see this interview explored a little deeper. It would certainly be big scoop for you to be getting them off their asses and writing SOMETHING about Andris Biedrins this summer.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#124 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

You're kinda right Sleepy. This is after those debacles. Anything he spent in most recent years, Rowell had to approve (Maggette). Mullin did care, he just didn't know any better in those days. :lol:

And btw, Nick ought to go out and have a drink with Nellie, maybe even join his poker game. Wonder if he'd still be backing him after he was cleaned out. :P
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#125 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:
turk3d wrote:

:lol:

He's like a metronome.

Gnome . . . hmmm can we make that nickname stick?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#126 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:
turk3d wrote:

Nobody is more inconsistent than the Squid. :lol:
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#127 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Sid the Squid wrote:
turk3d wrote:

:lol:

He's like a metronome.

Gnome . . . hmmm can we make that nickname stick?

Better than a meterosexual. :D
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#128 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Dude, your homophobia is totally gay.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#129 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Dude, your homophobia is totally gay.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty . . . :D
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#130 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 pm

WTF??? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Just please don't be such a douche about gayness. It's really not as hilarious as you seem to think. I guarantee that you know more gay people than you think you know. Homophobes are always clueless about how many people they offend on a regular basis.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#131 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:WTF??? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Just please don't be such a douche about gayness. It's really not as hilarious as you seem to think. I guarantee that you know more gay people than you think you know. Homophobes are always clueless about how many people they offend on a regular basis.

C'mon Sleepy, let's not start that again. You make a joke about being gay, it's ok. I make one, it's not. People have a right to be be what they want, and do what they want, as long as it's legal. Let's leave it at that. I guess you never heard of the West Side Story. lol. Man you're really sensitive when it comes to that. You think I go gaybashing up in the city or something? I got to many things more important to me in this life to worry about who's sleeping with who.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#132 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Mullin opposed the Jackson deal.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#133 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

turk3d wrote:

C'mon Sleepy, let's not start that again. You make a joke about being gay, it's ok. I make one, it's not. People have a right to be be what they want, and do what they want, as long as it's legal. Let's leave it at that. I guess you never heard of the West Side Story. lol. Man you're really sensitive when it comes to that. You think I go gaybashing up in the city or something? I got to many things more important to me in this life to worry about who's sleeping with who.

I did not make any such joke. My joke was not about being gay. My joke was about how infantile your homophobia is. The use of "gay" as the punch line in that joke was not to mock gayness, or posit gayness as a pejorative insult. It was to point out the level of insecurity and subconscious sexual confusion (often called "latent homosexuality") that is known to underly and motivate most male homophobia.

That you didn't get the joke just underscores my point. It's perfect. I say "gay" you start giggling, oblivious to the irony of the joke itself. You made my joke even more powerful by your predictable response. I'll stop now before you swallow your tongue.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#134 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm OK you're OK.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#135 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm

St.Nick wrote:Bean Counter... :lol: ....classic.

If Rowell really is running the show, then thats crap. Business guys shouldn't be involved in player personnel except when negotiating contracts.

Back to basketball . . .

I had another thought on this topic Nick, Rowell as the team president has an obligation to the top line ads well as bottom line. He HAS to sell tickets. He has to generate revenue, not just control costs. The basketball people need to be cost conscious too: in terms of allocating the limited resources allowed by the CBA, but not in terms of profit. But the team president's financial consciousness is influenced highly by off court concerns. The team president has to consider marketing issues. A coach might believe that a player with "swagger" has a certain value added on the court. But the team pres has to consider how much a player's "swagger" worth at the gate . . .ick. There is an underlying conflict of interest in the team pres' responsibilities that can't be allowed to interact with the basketball decisionmaking apparatus. At least not if competitive success is the real goal.

That why the guy at Rowell's level has to compartmentalize his influence. He has to act through policies that do not interfere with basketball decisionmaking and negotiating individual player contracts is definitely across that line.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#136 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
turk3d wrote:

I did not make any such joke. My joke was not about being gay. My joke was about how infantile your homophobia is. The use of "gay" as the punch line in that joke was not to mock gayness, or posit gayness as a pejorative insult. It was to point out the level of insecurity and subconscious sexual confusion (often called "latent homosexuality") that is known to underly and motivate most male homophobia.

That you didn't get the joke just underscores my point. It's perfect. I say "gay" you start giggling, oblivious to the irony of the joke itself. You made my joke even more powerful by your predictable response. I'll stop now before you swallow your tongue.

You seem to be the one who didn't get the joke. OK Dr. Spock, I fell into your "gay" trap if it makes you feel any better. :sigh:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#137 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Chris Cohan wrote:I think we've all grown here today.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#138 » by Mylie10 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:47 pm

I'd like a better translation, but thank you very much Oscar and Luiss for bringing this to our attention.

It's all very predictable though. Based on everything that has tanspired since Baron departed.

The team has been a huge revolving door since Rowell decided not to bring Baron back.

The Monta issue, the Mullin issue, the Harrington issue, the Crawford issue, the Randolph issue, the Marco issue, the Jackson extension, the Nelson extension, the rest of the team's injury issues.......

That's quite a list and if we were a player on that team we'd be filled with bad feeling about the direction of our team. but it's to be expected from Andris' point of view.

Then this summer he's featured prominantly in a huge trade. Which we all know would have gone down if amare and the money would have been exceptable to RoHan. Had Amare been willing to sign an extension, Andris would be gone.

He admits he knows it's a business, but it can't be a good feeling to go through all of the crap that the team has had to endure since the 48 win season ended.

As far as Nellie goes....The guy's effing crazy...like a fox. As much as he pisses off so many around him, he somehow is able to get his guys to play hard. It's really amazing. The effort level was always quite good last year even after Andris had been handed the "Season's over fellas!" speech.

That's the problem with tanking guys and we had that discussion a bunch of times around here. It sends the wrong message to guys you hope to have go out there and win the next year.

But I admit I'm not worried about player revolt, or guys not playing hard for Nellie. They will and they proved it last year in the crazy mish mosh of who's playing and where. If you don't play hard Nellie will sit you...that's a given.

I think the team needs to come out of the gate healthy, and playing well. They don't have to win every game right away, but their play has to be encouraging and they better be at least around .500.

If that happens then Beans will find his place again and things should settle down. He's a max effort player and so is Ronny. Marco was not and he acted as the example of why some guys get the treatment and some guys don't.

It used to piss me off that Beans was playing for Latvia and tiring himself out for the season. Now I'm not so worried about that because of Ronny and Randolph having his back.

Andris will be fine once we start playing well and having some success again. It's the way things work.

I mean who wasn't pissed about last year?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#139 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I mean who wasn't pissed about last year?

:wave: Some of us knew there would be a Baron backlash and were ready for it...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#140 » by Mylie10 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:59 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I mean who wasn't pissed about last year?

:wave: Some of us knew there would be a Baron backlash and were ready for it...

So you were fine with every other crap thing that happened last year?

Yes we got Randolph out of prison.

We got to learn about how great Morrow can be as a shooter.

We saw Ronny lead.

But as a whole it was a hard year for players and fans.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors