2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: 2009 NFL Off-Season Thread 

Post#41 » by jerrod » Wed Aug 5, 2009 3:32 pm

i think the secondary will be ok, not incredible though. i read that ed reed is pretty much injury free at this point so that alone is a big help (not that he didn't play really well last year). i'm pretty disappointed by the leonhard loss. i'm trying hard to fight my badger homerism but i really do think that he played well and was a great compliment to ed.

overall though, if the defense can maintain what they did last year it could be a nice year. i've seen quite a few analysts online/tv mention the expected jump from flacco. i'm a little less sure than they are but i'm hopeful
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: 2009 NFL Off-Season Thread 

Post#42 » by miller31time » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm

jerrod wrote:i think the secondary will be ok, not incredible though. i read that ed reed is pretty much injury free at this point so that alone is a big help (not that he didn't play really well last year). i'm pretty disappointed by the leonhard loss. i'm trying hard to fight my badger homerism but i really do think that he played well and was a great compliment to ed.

The Leonhard loss will be big, IMO. Keep in mind, Leonhard was the one player on our team last season to wear that helmet with the green dot on it (the helmet that allows you to talk directly to the defensive coordinator, IIRC). He was a smart player and made some huge stops for us.

Overall, I think our defense will take a hit. Keeping Ray will save us from losing too much ground but the Rex Ryan departure will prove to be costly as will Bart Scott's.

overall though, if the defense can maintain what they did last year it could be a nice year. i've seen quite a few analysts online/tv mention the expected jump from flacco. i'm a little less sure than they are but i'm hopeful

I see no reason Flacco won't cement himself as an above-average NFL QB this season. He''ll be MUCH more accustomed to the offense and our players while having a generally better feel for the game. It would have been nice to get him a prime time WR like Boldin or Marshall but oh well. At least Mason is coming back.

Return to Baltimore Ravens