Report: Billick to Return as Head Coach

UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Report: Billick to Return as Head Coach 

Post#1 » by UTMCretin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:23 am

Brian Billick will remain the Ravens' coach in 2008.

Any uncertainty surrounding Billick's job status was cleared up recently when he was notified by owner Steve Bisciotti that he would return for a 10th season, a source with intimate knowledge of the Ravens' decision-making told The Sun last night.

"Brian is coming back," the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3153060

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens13dec13001518,0,3689663.story
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#2 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:08 am

Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, there's the continuity argument and the fact that we really don't know how hard it is to be a coach in this league. Billick probably does a lot better than we give him credit for.

On the other hand, he makes some truly puzzling decisions that have, in some cases, led directly to our loss. And his offensive gameplans leave much to be desired.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by UTMCretin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:45 am

At the very least, he should be relieved of offensive coordinating duties.
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#4 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:22 am

I'm sorry but I have been Billlick's biggest defender, but he has 2 go. Him & his love affair for Boller. Both need 2 get the boot. Why does he always like 2 get the worst qb's in the league & try 2 make them great. Banks, Redman, Mitchell, etc. The best qb the Ravens ever had was Cunningham but he was past his prime.
Yes I know that Dilfer did well with B.more but he was a poundcake. A cake with no icing. Poundcakes aren't ratings grabbers ya know.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#5 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 pm

I am tired of pass plays on 3rd and short. I want him gone SOOOO bad. The team quit on him. What else do you need?
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.

Return to Baltimore Ravens