Ravens re-sign Mason to 2-year deal

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Ravens re-sign Mason to 2-year deal 

Post#1 » by miller31time » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm

The Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principle to a two-year deal with WR Derrick Mason, general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome announced Wednesday night.

"We know exactly what we're getting with Derrick, and that's production,” Newsome said. “Every Ravens fan knows what Derrick brings to this team. It's reliability, toughness, leadership, the fight to win and the want of the ball in the clutch times. He has a two-year history with Joe [Flacco] that says, 'We know how to produce together.' They are on the same page."

Mason, who joined the Ravens in 2005, is the franchise’s all-time leader in receiving yards (4,975). He also ranks second in career receptions (410) and receiving touchdowns (22). During his 13-year NFL career, Mason has played in 202 games, totaling 863 catches, 11,089 receiving yards and 59 receiving touchdowns. One of just 17 players to record 850 catches in a career, he ranks 14th on the NFL’s all-time receptions list.

“I’m getting myself ready to play football and help the Ravens win,” stated Mason, who registered 73 catches for a team-high 1,028 receiving yards for Baltimore in 2009. “But, the first thing I am going to do is take my family on vacation. I’ll see everybody back in Baltimore soon.”

Added Ravens head coach John Harbaugh: "This is outstanding – just great news for the Ravens. Our coaches are happy. Derrick's teammates are happy, and you know Joe is smiling.

“Way to go to Ozzie and Pat [Moriarty, vice president of football administration] for getting this done. We would have lost something special if Derrick had gone to another team. We have gotten better in the last couple of days."

Link
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: Ravens re-sign Mason to 2-year deal 

Post#2 » by jerrod » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 pm

hello wr depth

nice to meet you
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: Ravens re-sign Mason to 2-year deal 

Post#3 » by Nowak008 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Awesome. Even with Boldin, I wouldn't have liked our WR corp if Mason didn't come back.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Baltimore Ravens