Bills vs. Jets at Skydome | Thurs 8:00PM Sportsnet

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Bills vs. Jets at Skydome | Thurs 8:00PM Sportsnet 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:03 pm

The Buffalo Bills' once-woeful offense may be coming together just in time to impress the team's prospective fans in Canada.

The New York Jets' resurgent defense, however, will be trying to help resuscitate the club's slim playoff hopes when the AFC East rivals tangle in Toronto on Thursday night, playing the Bills' second in a series of regular-season home games at Rogers Centre.

Seeking to reach out to fans across Lake Ontario, Buffalo is scheduled to play a total of five contests in Toronto - one per season through 2012 - but the experiment did not begin well last year, with many in attendance supporting Miami in the Bills' 16-3 loss on Dec. 7.

"I think you're always hoping to have a little bit more of an electric atmosphere for the home team," punter Brian Moorman said. "We'll see what happens with the Jets. But obviously, we'd like for the people across the border to be Bills fans."

On the heels of four straight losing seasons and a 3-7 start, the Bills (4-7) gave their home fans reason to cheer during a 31-14 win over the Dolphins on Sunday.

After averaging 12.3 points in the previous eight games, Buffalo broke out with 24 unanswered points in the fourth quarter, including a 51-yard touchdown pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens - the second time the duo hooked up for a lengthy score in the last two weeks.

"It was nice for our team, I think it'll give us a boost," Fitzpatrick said. "I guess there's a renewed optimism."

A coaching change has apparently helped, with interim coach Perry Fewell earning his first win in the second game after replacing Dick Jauron. Fewell, who has never been a head coach at any level, may have limited time in the role with the Bills reportedly chasing former Denver coach Mike Shanahan.

http://stats.cbc.ca/fb/preview.asp?g=20 ... e=2&vis=20
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,570

Re: Bills vs. Jets at Skydome | Thurs 8:00PM Sportsnet 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:04 pm

Can the Raptors sign the Sanchise
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,838

Post#3 » by Live Free » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:18 pm

pumped for it, T.O is gonna put on a show for T.O

get your popcorn ready

sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#4 » by sl64 » Thu Dec 3, 2009 4:24 am

I would wager that there are way more Steelers fans, to name just one team, than Bills fans in TO. On top of that the Bills suck right now and these games are totally meaningless. What a debacle.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,174

Post#5 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Dec 3, 2009 7:17 pm

My brother's a Jets fan, so I'll be rocking my throwback Santana Moss jersey at the game tonight. Anyone else going?
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#6 » by Test of Wills » Fri Dec 4, 2009 12:48 am

"Definitely," Owens said when asked if Toronto could support an NFL franchise. "I think once the team is established in Toronto I'm sure the fans would gravitate to the team and support it.

"Winning obviously gets people into the seats. It's all about how you market the team and the NFL is marketing the game. I'm not sure what to expect. This is my first time here and it's going to be an experience for me probably as well as some of the other guys. I'm hoping that we can get a lot of those Toronto fans to root for the Bills."

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=300807

GO BILLS GO!
Vinsane15
Veteran
And1: 21

Post#7 » by Vinsane15 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 12:56 am

^^nah screw the Bills to Toronto....don't want the Raps to make way for a NFl team here. Plus football is wack without Mike Vick....so boring.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#8 » by Komodo » Fri Dec 4, 2009 12:59 am

mad-mo wrote:Image

That is one drunk man.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#9 » by Geddy » Fri Dec 4, 2009 1:14 am

why does the city seem so dark in those aerial shots?

I regret not getting tickets now
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually

Return to Buffalo Bills