ImageImageImage

Cam Newton

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: Cam Newton 

Post#21 » by ohara » Sun Dec 4, 2011 4:58 pm

We can make a Draft thread when the season ends and we know where we are picking. But I tell you this much. If we have a pick around #5-6, I would love to try and make a trade with Cleveland for their 2 1st rounders. I would grab Dre Kirkpatrick at CB and Manti Te'o at LB. That would give us 2 very solid young players to help strengthen the Defense. But alas, not sure if we can swing a deal like that or not. Depends on if Cleveland covets our earlier pick or not.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#22 » by penquin11 » Thu Dec 8, 2011 3:12 pm

ohara wrote:We can make a Draft thread when the season ends and we know where we are picking. But I tell you this much. If we have a pick around #5-6, I would love to try and make a trade with Cleveland for their 2 1st rounders. I would grab Dre Kirkpatrick at CB and Manti Te'o at LB. That would give us 2 very solid young players to help strengthen the Defense. But alas, not sure if we can swing a deal like that or not. Depends on if Cleveland covets our earlier pick or not.

I would much rather grab Morris Claiborne and Courtney Upshaw or even Vontaze Burfict (I have to admite that Burfict scare the sh*t out of me though) then Te'O an Kirkpatrick.
Ultimately I would favor us grabbing Alshon Jeffery and Claiborne over anybody actually.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#23 » by Rooster » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Gamble is really good indeed, and yeah, that Lions game is a good example of that. There are a few top players on the defence but just not enough with all those holes. Healthy LBs would help a lot.

Cam Newton is just incredible. I knew he'd be good but this is ridiculous. The most impressive parts aren't even statistical. His leadership and his ability to get out of almost certain sack situations are things I've never seen in a rookie QB (and the latter not in many ever).
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.

Return to Carolina Panthers