OFF TOPIC

Moderator: JDR720

boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

OFF TOPIC 

Post#1 » by boogiesdad » Sat May 31, 2008 7:29 pm

In an effort to increase posts and discuss other things, I have created this thread for any and everything.. just keep it clean.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,695

Post#2 » by fatlever » Wed Jun 4, 2008 3:15 pm

boogie and rooster - how did you guys end up panthers fans? or is that not the case?
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Rooster » Thu Jun 5, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm from the Great White North so I have no local NFL team. I've liked numerous teams, based on their players/coaches/systems. I started liking the Panthers upon their inception - loved all the old guys from the late '90s (Walls, Kasay, Collins... oh, and I remember Winslow Oliver!) The Panthers always seem to put together a good D (yeah, I know I mentioned no defensive players before...) and that's something I admire. I also like the colours and the logo, which doesn't hurt.

How about you guys?

boogiesdad, nothing's ever clean when I'm around. People have using my username as a euphemism for years. :lol:
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,695

Post#4 » by fatlever » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:31 pm

i'm a panther fan by default i guess. i live in charlotte. i grew up a dolphins fan until charlotte got the panthers. if you lived in charlotte prior to the panthers you were either a skins fan a dolphins fan or a bandwagon cowboys fan.

i usually make it to a couple live games per year. my wife's brother has season tickets as well. but actually i seem to prefer watching football on tv as opposed to hoops, which i prefer watching in person. go figure.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: OFF TOPIC 

Post#5 » by Rooster » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I've never been to a NFL game before, but I've always wanted to go.

Why wouldn't Carolina pre-Panthers fans root for the Falcons? Geographically, that seems to make the most sense. The Falcons were pretty putrid back then though...

Did any (heh, more like either) of you read the Rucker article I posted a month or two ago?

Also, is it just Toronto or is this summer awful? Way too hot (30 degrees Celsius and hotter in early June), thunderstorms basically every day... :banghead:
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
CaliHeat
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#6 » by CaliHeat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Panther fan here,

Ive been a Panther fan since the begining. I actually followed Kerry Collins in college and when he was drafted by the Panthers in their expansion year, I became a Panther fan. I was a 49er fan before, living here in Cali. Living in Cali, Ive never been to any Panthers games but MAY have an opportunity to go down to San Diego for the first game of the season this year. (not totally sure yet)

Im actually a Miami Heat fan as well and have been posting on RealGM for about a year now.

I look forward to checking this forum out now and give some of my input.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#7 » by Icness » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Wow, a Winslow Oliver reference :bowdown:
That's as obscure as my Steve Stipanovich growth chart.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
cowboys4life
Junior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by cowboys4life » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:55 am

all cowboys fan here and will be for ever thats why my name is what it is
Trust The Process
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Rooster » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:55 am

cowboys4life wrote:all cowboys fan here and will be for ever thats why my name is what it is

This is the OT topic though. Tell us more about yourself. Trust me, we have more than enough bandwidth.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#10 » by jr lucosa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello everyone, I live in milwaukee, wisconsin.. the reason i'm a panther fan is because i never really loved the packers like everyone else around here, always kinda liked to be different, never got to go to any packer games or anything, and the panthers logo was cool 8-)
I am however a brewer and bucks fan, have the avatar of J-Rich just because hes my favorite basketball player.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Rooster » Tue Dec 9, 2008 4:49 am

So what's everyone doing for the holidays? (Everyone?)
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#12 » by Miklo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Wow, I am usually on the RGM boards for basketball and now after our heartbreaking loss to the Cards is admittedly the first time I even realized each NFL team has its own thread. Sad how underrepresented us Panther fans are here! Each thread has pretty much under 10 replies!

I am from the Chapel Hill, NC area and therefore I'm naturally a Panthers fan. I am at a university in Atlanta, so for most of the season my "fan-ship" consists of having to go to sports bars to see games, wild un-ending streams of text messages between me and my hometown friends, etc.

Its good to see some out-of-state Panthers fans; I always wonder how big our fan base is outside of the Carolinas. Anyway, I will try to stop by here more often to talk to my Jake Del-homies (I say that even though as you'll see in the adjacent thread I am getting skeptical about big Jake). Panthers '09-'10!!!
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#13 » by spaceman_E » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:43 pm

Hello to all.
I'm a Panther fan from Northern Va, just outside D.C. I always hated the Redskins growing up. I was a 49ers fan because of Montana and Notre Dame. When they traded Montana I started pulling for the Chiefs and have hated San Fran ever since. Well, the Panthers came around right about the time Joe cool was finished up so I've just rooted for them since their inception. I also more recently became a hometown Skins fan about 10 years ago but that's still a rocky relationship since the ownership and management of the team just constantly pisses me off. It's nice that the Panthers have Hurney and the Richardsons watching over them.
You don't win friends with salad.
carolinabred
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#14 » by carolinabred » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 am

Hello,

I am a panthers fan from Charlotte. I grew up a redskin fan but fell in love with the cats. My Dad was a big skins fan so I had to go for them. I 1st started going for the cats in their second season when Anthony Johnson was running all over the place. I believe that cat will do well next season just as long as they work on the D-Line......Go Cat
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#15 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 am

carolinabred wrote:Hello,

I am a panthers fan from Charlotte. I grew up a redskin fan but fell in love with the cats. My Dad was a big skins fan so I had to go for them. I 1st started going for the cats in their second season when Anthony Johnson was running all over the place. I believe that cat will do well next season just as long as they work on the D-Line......Go Cat

Welcome
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Rooster » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 pm

He posted that two and a half years ago. Anthony Johnson brings back memories though.

Welcome to the board! It's a small community but a good one. Hopefully we'll have some good chat this season while watching the young guys develop.
aibie06
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#17 » by aibie06 » Sun Sep 4, 2011 5:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I used to live in Raleigh but me and my mom moved to the Philippines because she and dad divorced last year. Even though I choose to live with mom, my love for football goes back to Raleigh with dad. He really loves football!!!It's a link that bind us together! (Although he loves Chicago Bears while I cheers for Carolina Panthers!)..

Even though I am here in the Philippines, I never miss any game. I watch any NFL game I want in my PC and I watch it live using Direct Satellite software found here: http://www.nfltvgames.com/ ...

:D

Return to Carolina Panthers