Image Image Image Image

Ray McDonald arrested (and cut)

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Ray McDonald arrested (and cut) 

Post#1 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm

again.. domestic abuse and child endangerment..

Well, we took a chance.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Ray McDonald arrested 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Luckily it was only a year.

Now Pace should just cut the POS.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Ray McDonald arrested 

Post#3 » by Mr B » Mon May 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Apparently he assaulted a woman while she was holding a child.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Time to trade for Wilkerson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#5 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 pm

and.. buh-bye. Cut.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#6 » by Cottage Grove » Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 am

I remember asking the question of why would we sign this guy right after we trade Marshall for "character issues". I was told Marshall was a locker room problem. But this guys antics make him a good "locker room guy"?

I get Marshall was obnoxious and brings the team morale down, but you can't then bring in a guy with the past this guy had.

Speaking of a past history...Mr Long was arrested for dui when he was 20, which is under the legal drinking age.

I know someone who was hit crossing the street by a drunk driver and now they're paralyzed and have false teeth. So Mr Long might want to get off his high horse and lay off the twitter when criticizing other players' legal issues.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Re: Ray McDonald arrested (and cut) 

Post#7 » by emperorjones » Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm

^^Good point on Long. People do like to get on their high horses and forget their own pasts.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Re: 

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Cottage Grove wrote:I remember asking the question of why would we sign this guy right after we trade Marshall for "character issues". I was told Marshall was a locker room problem. But this guys antics make him a good "locker room guy"?

I get Marshall was obnoxious and brings the team morale down, but you can't then bring in a guy with the past this guy had.

Speaking of a past history...Mr Long was arrested for dui when he was 20, which is under the legal drinking age.

I know someone who was hit crossing the street by a drunk driver and now they're paralyzed and have false teeth. So Mr Long might want to get off his high horse and lay off the twitter when criticizing other players' legal issues.

I still don't think the Marshall stuff was actually about locker room issues.

IMO, Pace and Fox likely sat down with him and expressed that they didn't want any outside distractions this year and only focus on football. Marshall still very much wanted to do that show he did last season that's taped in New York. With that said, the Bears decided to part ways with him. I don't find it a coincidence that he was traded to a New York team where he can be close to the studios and do that show.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Re: Ray McDonald arrested (and cut) 

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 pm

On the topic of Long, he also tweeted this when Bears first signed McDonald: “If yall don’t like second chances I can go back to folding t shirts and sticking the shoe room at the surf shop lol.”
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: Re: 

Post#10 » by Cottage Grove » Tue May 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Cottage Grove wrote:I remember asking the question of why would we sign this guy right after we trade Marshall for "character issues". I was told Marshall was a locker room problem. But this guys antics make him a good "locker room guy"?

I still don't think the Marshall stuff was actually about locker room issues.

IMO, Pace and Fox likely sat down with him and expressed that they didn't want any outside distractions this year and only focus on football. Marshall still very much wanted to do that show he did last season that's taped in New York. With that said, the Bears decided to part ways with him. I don't find it a coincidence that he was traded to a New York team where he can be close to the studios and do that show.
This is my point. You cant come into an organisation, point out players for distractions, get rid of him ESPECIALLY because of a TV show, then sign a guy with domestic violence on his record and an OPEN sexual assault case. If you get caught in 1 situation and you are proved to be innocent, then you get the benefit of the doubt. But if its multiple instances then its YOU.

I'm 34, I'm from the southside and its pretty savage out here. But we all have 1 common interest and its sports. I was 7 when MJ came into the NBA. I grew up watching greatness and had no clue the stuff I was watching was a once in a lifetime experience. I have no recollection of the 85 bears but their legacy is still being honored in Chicago. On Sundays you can sit down with just about anyone and enjoy a bears game. But how do you cheer for a guy with an open sexual assault case and domestic violence accusations?

I see arrests all across the NFL, but I always thought the Bears or any other teams here understood the tradition of sports in this city. I really had a problem with signing this guy, Marshall too(to be honest). Forte is someone I really admire.

I know this defense is god awful bad on an historical level, but I really hope George McCaskey learn from this one.
You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETtxGScVlY
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Re: 

Post#11 » by TNBT » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:24 am

Cottage Grove wrote:I'm 34... I was 7 when MJ came into the NBA.

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but that doesn't make any sense. I'm 31 and MJ was drafted the year I was born. If you're 34 then I'm assuming you were born in 1981, making you 3 or 4 when MJ came into the NBA.

Return to Chicago Bears