Image Image Image Image

Week 2 - Bears at 49ers - The earliest Must win ever.

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

JasonFTW
RealGM
And1: 463

Re: Week 2 - Bears at 49ers - The earliest Must win ever. 

Post#101 » by JasonFTW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:08 am

Good win, but I'm not sold on this team yet. Got to see this team keep it up and be more consistent, and the same goes for Jay as well.
JasonFTW
RealGM
And1: 463

Post#102 » by JasonFTW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:09 am

Again, good win tho.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#103 » by CBS7 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:10 am

Can agree Mel Tucker needs to go. But you can't not be happy about their performance tonight.
SilentAce07
Pro Prospect
And1: 436

Post#104 » by SilentAce07 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 am

CBS7 wrote:Can agree Mel Tucker needs to go. But you can't not be happy about their performance tonight.

I'll agree there.

A few missed heroic plays or SF playing even halfway disciplined and this would have been a different story.

I think the biggest issue I have is how stubborn the coaching staff is. Eventually, it kills you.

Stop wasting downs 1 and 2 and being stuck with 3rd and longs. 1 yard passes are not effective.

Stop only playing half a game. They did this last year too. We had come back wins to start the year because the first half was a bunch of nothing.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#105 » by Susan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 am

This kills me. Get well soon Peanut.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#106 » by Stratmaster » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 am

I heard that this Bears board is not quite as popular as the Bulls. I can see why. Man, you guys are tough on that offense that ranked 8th in yards and 2nd in points last season, and was playing tonight with it's two star wide outs using canes to get down the field. And the Bears didn't stink last week. they were clearly the best team on the field, just like San Fran was really the best team on the field tonight. As a previous poster mentioned, I think we tend to underestimate how much turnovers mean in the NFL. 4 TD passes, no interceptions, no fumbles...while the Niners couldn't wait to give the ball to the bears in the 2nd half...
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#107 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 am

Susan wrote:Image

I'm thinking it's the same injury as last year.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#108 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:56 am

In the grand scheme of things, this win could mean turn out to mean very little. However, this is a good momentum builder going on the road again to New York next Monday night.

Plus, it's always good to get the win and not lose ground in the divison.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#109 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 am

Stratmaster wrote:I heard that this Bears board is not quite as popular as the Bulls. I can see why. Man, you guys are tough on that offense that ranked 8th in yards and 2nd in points last season, and was playing tonight with it's two star wide outs using canes to get down the field. And the Bears didn't stink last week. they were clearly the best team on the field, just like San Fran was really the best team on the field tonight. As a previous poster mentioned, I think we tend to underestimate how much turnovers mean in the NFL. 4 TD passes, no interceptions, no fumbles...while the Niners couldn't wait to give the ball to the bears in the 2nd half...
SilentAce07 wrote:You must be new with this...

If you think the Bears issues are solved after a half of solid football, you've got a surprise incoming.

You have to love these players and the effort they give. But after a record setting (in a bad way) year last year on defense and still showing the inability to play a full game, we are in for a long year.

Mel Tucker needs to be out regardless of this result. Keeping him around was inexplicable.

The defense hasn't been the problem thus far. Not really last game, and they bought the offense some chances this game. We weren't really expected to do much with them in the first place.

It was all supposed to be our high-flying offense, which only started clicking in the second half. However, this offensive clicking doesn't happen without some big plays made on defense, that give us great field position and momentum.

Mel Tucker wasn't great last year, but so far in these games, his unit has not been the problem. His players just gave probably their best performance against a quality opponent on the road, losing players left and right.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,403

Post#110 » by fleet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 am

Problem is, the Bears cant go deep in the playoffs witb just 2 corners. One of whom is a rookie. Not with a mediocre safety group behind them, and a mediocre linebacking group in front. They will get beat by a top QB 100%.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#111 » by CalilLove89 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 am

Susan wrote:Image

One of the all time Bears on and off the field, all around great dude. The past couple weeks have really shown how lucky we are to have him on our team.
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#112 » by CalilLove89 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:02 am

fleet wrote:Problem is, the Bears cant go deep in the playoffs witb just 2 corners. One of whom is a rookie. Not with a mediocre safety group behind them, and a mediocre linebacking group in front. They will get beat by a top QB 100%.

It's not like we are super bowl favorites, if things went exceedingly well I thought we had a chance to get there.

That meant Jay, Peanut, Briggs, Allen, and the safeties all had to step up significantly.

That was always a lot to expect.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#113 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 am

fleet wrote:Problem is, the Bears cant go deep in the playoffs witb just 2 corners. One of whom is a rookie. Not with a mediocre safety group behind them, and a mediocre linebacking group in front. They will get beat by a top QB 100%.

This is just game 2. I'm thinking, let's get to the playoffs first... :)
Wolo
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#114 » by Wolo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 am

Just got home from the game. Great atmosphere and lots of fun. There was a Niner fan who couldn't handle his team losing and tried to choke me out from behind after the game while I was sitting in my seat waiting for people to clear out. I ended up tossing him two rows over my shoulder before his girlfriend convinced him to walk away. 100% of the fans there were cool and apologetic for that douche nozzle's attitude.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#115 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:In the grand scheme of things, this win could mean turn out to mean very little. However, this is a good momentum builder going on the road again to New York next Monday night.

Plus, it's always good to get the win and not lose ground in the divison.

It was HUGE. Huge for the defense. Big for the rookie. Kyle Fuller plays with a real edge that I like.. What an effort by Jay and the whole offense in the 4th. Regardless of how bad the team was for most of the game, they stepped up huge and on the road. And good job Chris Conte.

Few observations on the NFL.

I was in Denver for Marshall's time there and anyone who thinks Ray Rice should be banned for life, yet still cheers for and is OK with Marshall still being in the league, better re-think their stance, on one, or the other. As a Bear fan, I found myself thinking about that last night.

Jay Gruden is like the bastard son of John Gruden and Frank Caliendo doing John Gruden.

Anybody else read some of the player tweets defending what AP did to a 4 yr old and see those guys on Sunday playing, either in highlights or games, and wonder what they do, or have done to their own kids?
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#116 » by Stratmaster » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:I heard that this Bears board is not quite as popular as the Bulls. I can see why. Man, you guys are tough on that offense that ranked 8th in yards and 2nd in points last season, and was playing tonight with it's two star wide outs using canes to get down the field. And the Bears didn't stink last week. they were clearly the best team on the field, just like San Fran was really the best team on the field tonight. As a previous poster mentioned, I think we tend to underestimate how much turnovers mean in the NFL. 4 TD passes, no interceptions, no fumbles...while the Niners couldn't wait to give the ball to the bears in the 2nd half...
SilentAce07 wrote:You must be new with this...

If you think the Bears issues are solved after a half of solid football, you've got a surprise incoming.

You have to love these players and the effort they give. But after a record setting (in a bad way) year last year on defense and still showing the inability to play a full game, we are in for a long year.

Mel Tucker needs to be out regardless of this result. Keeping him around was inexplicable.

The defense hasn't been the problem thus far. Not really last game, and they bought the offense some chances this game. We weren't really expected to do much with them in the first place.

It was all supposed to be our high-flying offense, which only started clicking in the second half. However, this offensive clicking doesn't happen without some big plays made on defense, that give us great field position and momentum.

Mel Tucker wasn't great last year, but so far in these games, his unit has not been the problem. His players just gave probably their best performance against a quality opponent on the road, losing players left and right.

Right now, the problem on both sides of the ball is injuries. You mention the defensive injuries. But the offense had two starting lineman out, and as I already mentioned, Marshall and Jeffery were barely more than half speed. That allowed the Niners to play the receivers tighter and bring their secondary up to the line of scrimmage, making it tough on Forte. Once the Bears were able to push a few balls to the WR tandem using some back shoulder and back door throws the Niners defense crumbled.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#117 » by NZB2323 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

I'll admit that I overreacted to week 1, and I'm not going to overreacted to week 2.

You can say the 49ers should have won this game, but then you can say that we should have won week 1. Besides we can play the excuse game also. That delay of game, some calls that went against us, penalties, our WR being hurt, ect. The bottom line is we rallied from being down 17 to win by 8 on the road. That says something about this team.

We should win more games than we lose this year, but it will probably be an up and down season. Obviously Tillman's health is huge.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#118 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm

So the defense is missing, tillman , conte, ratliff. Hey it could be worse at least we still have healthy linebackers.
It sucks about tillman injury but this was a big win.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#119 » by CBS7 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:07 pm

That conte pick was great rewatching it. What a play.

HBK9
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#120 » by HBK9 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Three weeks ago you would be hard pressed to find someone who had the Bears nothing more or nothing less than 1-1 right now so............ :D

Return to Chicago Bears