No votes

Total votes: 12

emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Grade the Bears' Signings of a New GM & Coaching Staff Overall 

Post#1 » by emperorjones » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:58 pm

How are you feeling overall now that the GM, HD, OC, DC and assistant coaches have been filled
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Re: Grade the Bears' Acquisition of a New GM & Coaching Staff Overall 

Post#2 » by emperorjones » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm most excited about Fangio & Fox teaming up to fix the defense. I'm sure a lot of what was going on was coaching. Guys like Houston & Allen came over and completely fell off the map having career bust years. I think we have some good young players in Ferguson, Paea, Young, Bostic, Fuller and Vereen. Mundy is a decent safety. We need FAs at CB & LB and high picks at S/LB/CB. I could see us having 6 new starters on defense next year and I'm excited to see what Fangio & Fox can put together. Combined they have more than enough experience to turn this around....It will be interesting if Shea gets resigned at all.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Grade the Bears' Acquisition of a New GM & Coaching Staff Overall 

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Got the best HC available, one of the best DCs available and an up and coming OC. Definitely get an A for effort and execution so far.

We'll see what happens and what kind of defense they settle on. To my knowledge guys like Allen, Sutton and Paea don't fit in a 3-4 , but the coaching staff should definitely switch to a defense of it's choosing and build the roster to that effect going forward.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Re: Grade the Bears' Signings of a New GM & Coaching Staff Overall 

Post#4 » by micromonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 pm

They made good picks across the board. GM and OC they went with youth/up and comers and established and proven for HC and DC.
I was surprised to see the DEN rushing game was better than Bears last year. From FBO they went from 15th in rush Efficicncy (prior to Gase as OC) to 10th to 7th this year. Passing with Manning is obviously an "all bets are off" comparison but rushing should get better. Looks like he knows how to break down film and gameplan from the articles I found. And Fangio is the same on D. We will be more situational on both sides hopefully instead of never changing --which I felt has been in issue in the past.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,118

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:06 am

GM is TBD, i'd say. Even though Pace hired him, I think Fox deserves the strong majority of credit for the coaching staff so far. I think Pace is going to go after a safety the hardest in Free agency. IdK how long Pace has been with the Saints or how much he had to do with signing FA or drafting but they have had a long line of very good safeties since at least their SB win.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,118

Post#6 » by patryk7754 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm

If Pace can sure up our front 7 and add a deep threat then ill give him and A. I think its unreasonably Hopefull that we address every need on defense with impact players

Return to Chicago Bears