Moderator: chitownsports4ever

emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Bears to release Roberto Garza 

Post#1 » by emperorjones » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:41 pm

Brad Biggs ✔ @BradBiggs

#Bears have informed C Roberto Garza he will be released.

The Bears plan to sign Will Montgomery as Garza's replacement, according to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune.

Although the Texas A&M-Kingsville alum has never been named to a Pro Bowl, he has been among the most consistent and reliable interior linemen in football over the past several years.

He is capable of playing both center and guard, and even though he is approaching the end of his career, his versatility and experience should make him an attractive option in free agency.

The Bears are an organization ready to move forward with a new general manager and coaching staff in place, and cutting ties with a longtime player like Garza is certainly a sign that the new regime is willing to make some tough decisions.

I'm OK with this move as I've felt garza was a liability in pass protection over the last 2 years. Don't know much about Montgomery though
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Bears to release Roberto Garza 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Apr 3, 2015 4:21 am

I had a feeling this was coming when it didn't look like Phil Emery would be back and he re-signed Garza as his last move.

Garza was a nice player and a quality guy. But his time has come. Thanks for your service, Ro.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Bears to release Roberto Garza 

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 4:54 pm

Montgomery is suppose to be a really good run blocker.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears