Image Image Image Image

kam chancellor?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

kam chancellor? 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 4:22 am

He's been sitting out for a new contract and it seems as if he's ready to miss regular season games. The Seahawks have been stocking up on Safeties due to Kam sitting out. If he does end up missing games and the Hawks continue to refuse to give him a new contract there's no point of him being on the roster. The Giants have apparently called the Seahawks about Chancellor so why not us too? He fills a need and we could probably get him for a 2nd
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: kam chancellor? 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:27 am

What kind of contract is he looking for and do we have that kind of flexibility?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 3:35 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:What kind of contract is he looking for and do we have that kind of flexibility?

I'm sure he wants to be paid one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL, which would be around 8mil, I believe. If by flexibility you mean can we afford him, I'm sure we can and if not we can just cut one of our overpaid bums
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#4 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:23 pm

We shold be one of the teams with the most cap space after this season. If we don't have enough for the contract he wants right now then we can see if the Seahawks will take Young in the deal since we were shopping him. They might even take Allen instead for just the one year.

Allen or Young and a 3rd could do it I think.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#5 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:26 pm

If that works then Amos can take his rookie year to learn and possibly replace Rolle next year or later this year. Amos and Chancellor would be a perfect fit next to each other if Amos reaches his potential
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#6 » by fleet » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:52 pm

The season is a throwaway. A move like this would have to be finishing touch for all the marbles, and the Bears aren't there. I say maintain flexibility until a basic team is built
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#7 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 1:01 am

fleet wrote:The season is a throwaway. A move like this would have to be finishing touch for all the marbles, and the Bears aren't there. I say maintain flexibility until a basic team is built

If we have the opportunity, I don't see why we wouldn't trade for him even if it is a throwaway. We trade for him this year and it helps us attract guys next year.

We pass on him now and in a couple years we'll be saying we're a cam kam chancellor away from contending.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#8 » by ptpablo » Tue Sep 8, 2015 10:38 am

When Bears are ready to contend in two-three years how old will he be? If bears can get him for a second, I would rather the cheap 2nd round draft salary and younger talent. I doubt young or Allen will be a part of this deal.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#9 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 3:11 pm

The Seattle Seahawks are preparing for the worst regarding Kam Chancellor's holdout, but they're ready to move on without the disgruntled Pro Bowl safety, members of the team told ESPN on Tuesday.

"I don't think we're going to have him at all this season," a player told ESPN. "They will just collect his salary until he folds."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13607128/seattle-seahawks-set-move-holdout-kam-chancellor
NOyesman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by NOyesman » Wed Sep 9, 2015 8:01 pm

fleet wrote:The season is a throwaway. A move like this would have to be finishing touch for all the marbles, and the Bears aren't there. I say maintain flexibility until a basic team is built

Agreed- the Beard are in rebuild mode. Cam will be 30 by the time the Bears have much chance of being a contender. Start filling the team with youth and high draft picks the next three years.

They need to think about trading vets, not adding them.

Forte - will turn 30 on Dec 10.
Bennett is 28
Cutler- 32
Jared Allen is 33
Ratliff is 34

Should be looking to trade any and all of these players.

I think the Bears will play hard to start the season, but look for some of the vets to lose focus as they continue to lose. All these players have some trade value- with the possible exception of Cutler.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#11 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:14 am

NOyesman wrote:

Agreed- the Beard are in rebuild mode. Cam will be 30 by the time the Bears have much chance of being a contender. Start filling the team with youth and high draft picks the next three years.

They need to think about trading vets, not adding them.

Forte - will turn 30 on Dec 10.
Bennett is 28
Cutler- 32
Jared Allen is 33
Ratliff is 34

Should be looking to trade any and all of these players.

I think the Bears will play hard to start the season, but look for some of the vets to lose focus as they continue to lose. All these players have some trade value- with the possible exception of Cutler.

This has to be the fastest anyone has ever been banned. :lol:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears