Image Image Image Image

In-drafted Free Agents

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,119

In-drafted Free Agents 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Two people that I didn't notice being drafted were Jeremy Cash and James Cowser. I also believe Hardvards TE went undrafted. I imagine we'll be signing a QB as well
patryk7754
General Manager

Re: In-drafted Free Agents 

Post#2 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:48 pm

All the guys we should sign:
Jalin Marshall, WR
Ben Braunecker, TE
Jake McGee, TE
Jake Allen, C
Tyler Marz, OT
James Cowser, OLB
Victor Ochi, OLB
Shawn Oakman, DE
Eric Stricker, OLB/S
Dominique Alexander, ILB
Jeremy Cash, S
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sun May 1, 2016 1:18 am

Why did Jeremy Cash go undrafted? What happened there?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#4 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun May 1, 2016 1:39 am

Cash was the box safety in a 3 safety defense. He played the Deone Buchanan role but he's about 20-30 pounds lighter and not nearly as athletic. Not really a traditional safety. Very specific talent
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:01 am

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/30/11545610/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2016-nfl-draft-udfas

Here's a list of the guys we've signed already. Sadly cash signed with the panthers. The Bears really prioritized character so I can't be too upset about them not getting some of the guys I wanted
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#6 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:15 am

patryk7754 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/30/11545610/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2016-nfl-draft-udfas

Here's a list of the guys we've signed already. Sadly cash signed with the panthers. The Bears really prioritized character so I can't be too upset about them not getting some of the guys I wanted

Adrian Bellard, OT, Texas State
Dan Buchholz, OL, Duquesne
Ben Braunecker, TE, Harvard
Taveze Calhoun, DB, Mississippi State
Don Cherry, LB, Villanova
Deonte Gibson, DL, Northwestern
John Kling, OL, Buffalo
Darrin Peterson, WR, Liberty
Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State
Roy Robertson-Harris, DE, UTEP
Joe Sommers, TE, Wisconsin-Oshkosh

Any breakdowns of the guys we signed? Think any of those guys could stick?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Mon May 2, 2016 4:58 am

I liked Kevin Peterson leading up to the draft. Here is his draft profile
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kevin-peterson?id=2555375

Highlights
https://youtu.be/-LkqAifQHVE

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#8 » by patryk7754 » Mon May 2, 2016 5:15 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/30/11545610/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2016-nfl-draft-udfas

Adrian Bellard, OT, Texas State
Dan Buchholz, OL, Duquesne
Ben Braunecker, TE, Harvard
Taveze Calhoun, DB, Mississippi State
Don Cherry, LB, Villanova
Deonte Gibson, DL, Northwestern
John Kling, OL, Buffalo
Darrin Peterson, WR, Liberty
Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State
Roy Robertson-Harris, DE, UTEP
Joe Sommers, TE, Wisconsin-Oshkosh

Any breakdowns of the guys we signed? Think any of those guys could stick?

Ben is supposed to be pretty talented. I'm really surprised he went undrafted when the ESPN guys talked about during the draft. They put him in the same conversation as Gronk.

No idea about the other guys, probably just that they're pretty high character and they have a chance to fight to fill a need
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

In-drafted Free Agents 

Post#9 » by TNBT » Thu May 5, 2016 11:19 am

The only one I'm familiar with is Robertson-Harris. The guy is huge but has amazing speed. The article I was reading on who makes the 53 man list for this season had him at OLB. The only other guy from that UDFA list that they had making the 53 was the TE Ben Braunecker.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#10 » by CjayC » Tue May 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Bear signed 4 undrafted players from the rookie minicamp.

P - Ben LeCompte - NDSU
WR/KR - Kieren Duncan - Colorado State - Pueblo
DT - Kenton Adeyemi - UCONN
OT - Donovan Williams - Louisiana Lafayette

I'm really excited to see what the Duncan kid can do at Kick Returner. Shouldn't have much competition between Mariani, and Deonte Thompson. I think Bolden will do punts. He's blazing fast and ran a 4.36(They hand timed him at 4.26). They said he was also making plays as a WR during the rookie minicamp so could have long term potential as a slot receiver. Fingers crossed that this is our new Hester(Except without the feet for hands) so that we have one less thing to worry about.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyz9Rofi7PM[/youtube]
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#11 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 pm

I think Mariani is quickly becoming the odd man out as a WR and returner. Wilson might be out too if the young guys show anything close to what he can do
CjayC
RealGM

Post#12 » by CjayC » Fri May 20, 2016 2:32 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:I think Mariani is quickly becoming the odd man out as a WR and returner. Wilson might be out too if the young guys show anything close to what he can do

Mariani is definitely out as the Kick Returner. He might have even gotten replaced at some point last year IIRC. I believe they actually value him more as a receiver though. There should be enough spots I would think so nobody should be left out.

Jeffery
White
Mariani
Wilson
Braverman
Duncan/Thompson(Whomever wins out in camp at WR and proves to be the better Kick returner).

Wilson should be safe because he's the backup possession target should one of Jefferey or White get injured.

I've heard rumblings that Royal might be the odd man out even though his contract has guaranteed money. Either via a trade since the WR market was weak this year and there may be a need for him out there or a cut because the Bears still have A LOT of cap room to breathe. I think they value the roster spot more and would rather spend the time developing younger guys like Braverman and Duncan. He had 50 targets last year and only 238 receiving yards. Royal averaged 6.4 yards per reception. Wilson had twice the production with the same amount of targets.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#13 » by patryk7754 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 pm

CjayC wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I think Mariani is quickly becoming the odd man out as a WR and returner. Wilson might be out too if the young guys show anything close to what he can do

Mariani is definitely out as the Kick Returner. He might have even gotten replaced at some point last year IIRC. I believe they actually value him more as a receiver though. There should be enough spots I would think so nobody should be left out.

Jeffery
White
Mariani
Wilson
Braverman
Duncan/Thompson(Whomever wins out in camp at WR and proves to be the better Kick returner).

Wilson should be safe because he's the backup possession target should one of Jefferey or White get injured.

I've heard rumblings that Royal might be the odd man out even though his contract has guaranteed money. Either via a trade since the WR market was weak this year and there may be a need for him out there or a cut because the Bears still have A LOT of cap room to breathe. I think they value the roster spot more and would rather spend the time developing younger guys like Braverman and Duncan. He had 50 targets last year and only 238 receiving yards. Royal averaged 6.4 yards per reception. Wilson had twice the production with the same amount of targets.

You forgot Royal (unless he got cut and I missed it)
CjayC
RealGM

Post#14 » by CjayC » Fri May 20, 2016 11:28 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
CjayC wrote:

Jeffery
White
Mariani
Wilson
Braverman

You forgot Royal (unless he got cut and I missed it)

Yeah he has to be penciled as of now, but I have a feeling he won't make the roster. He rookie year was his peak. If there's been a mistake that Pace has made so far it's gotta be him.

Return to Chicago Bears