Image Image Image Image

Trade Cutler?

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Trade Cutler? 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:07 am

The era of Cutler has been a huge let down thus far and it seems like that trend will continue. There's blame to spread all around. From his time here starting with a trash supporting cast, mostly ass offensive coaching , and cutler's horrible decision making. The only time we had a chance cutler would get hurt .

That was me justifying a Cutler trade (which isn't hard) now who would trade for him.

The Cowboys. Romo has been hurt once again and they might not be ready to have Dak lead the team. I think we could get a relatively high pick plus maybe Dak.
.
Hoyer would most likely have the same amount of success s cutler in this ass offense
User avatar
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,229
And1: 186
Joined: Sep 21, 2001
Location: Australia
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Sep 1, 2016 8:07 am

Cutler is a million times better than Hoyer in ANY system.

Personally I think Cutler gets jumped on constantly for everything that goes wrong with this team, as if it's a one-man team and he's also the coach. Cutler is one of, if not the, best QB's the Bears have ever had. He's not perfect (no player is) but he's a hell of a lot better than he gets credit for.

We saw last year how much better Cutler performed when he had some decent talent and coaches who know what they're doing. With White back and one year into a new offensive system, I think Cutler will only get better. Not to mention that having a much improved defense will also take some of the pressure off as well.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#3 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Sep 2, 2016 2:26 am

TNBT wrote:Cutler is a million times better than Hoyer in ANY system.

Personally I think Cutler gets jumped on constantly for everything that goes wrong with this team, as if it's a one-man team and he's also the coach. Cutler is one of, if not the, best QB's the Bears have ever had. He's not perfect (no player is) but he's a hell of a lot better than he gets credit for.

We saw last year how much better Cutler performed when he had some decent talent and coaches who know what they're doing. With White back and one year into a new offensive system, I think Cutler will only get better. Not to mention that having a much improved defense will also take some of the pressure off as well.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


I dont see how any could argue with a straight face that Cutler will only get better ? Does it even matter if Cutler is better than Hoyer at this point ? We should be all in on the Deshaun Watson train at this point . Jay played better last year but hes been here 7 years its time to move on and if we can get a desperate teams to give us a couple of high picks we should be all over it at this point .

Its not about replacing Cutler with someone better this year its about replacing him with someone better next year . We are trying to develop a young offense and one of the keys to doing that is having a young QB with surrounded by vets to help him along or a vet qb surrounded by young players and he helps them along . The issue with our vet qb is that for these young players to develop the leader must be able to play lengthy stretches of mistake free football . Not all pro football simply mistake free football and Jay in his time here has not shown he is capable of doing that .

This is not a dump jay at all cost suggestion its a if the opportunity presents itself we should be all over it .

Brady 39 yrs old
Brees 37
Palmer 36
Romo 36
Eli 35
Rivers 34
Big Ben 34
Fitzpatrick 33
Cutler 33
Rodgers 32
Alex Smith 32
Flaaco 31
Ryan 31
Hoyer 31
Dalton 28
Kaep 28
Stafford 28
Bradford 28

Why would we wait while rebuilding and not make a move if possible for a top qb prospect while all those other teams are tied to their aging vets ?
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,229
And1: 186
Joined: Sep 21, 2001
Location: Australia
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#4 » by TNBT » Fri Sep 2, 2016 4:13 pm

If you're talking about tanking this year for a higher pick them by all means, dump Cutler. I was operating under the assumption that we were trying to win this year.

As for Cutler getting better, I think we saw last season that he can still be a better player when he has the right pieces around him. I never said he was the future of the team, but as for the here and now, he certainly was better last year than the previous few years.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#5 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Sep 3, 2016 2:32 pm

TNBT wrote:If you're talking about tanking this year for a higher pick them by all means, dump Cutler. I was operating under the assumption that we were trying to win this year.

As for Cutler getting better, I think we saw last season that he can still be a better player when he has the right pieces around him. I never said he was the future of the team, but as for the here and now, he certainly was better last year than the previous few years.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


Fox's teams always make a jump around this time but with the line issues Im not sure thats happening this season . When you have a 33 yr old veteran qb you are looking for him to raise the level of play of the young guys with his leadership and preparedness not the other way around . The young guys are going to make mistakes and its usually the vet qb that can make up for some of those mistakes but jay seems to be a qb who can only play when everyone else plays mistake free .

For us to have a chance at winning this year we will have to run the ball 25 times a game while the defense dominates
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#6 » by patryk7754 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:05 pm

I think we only trade Cutler at the deadline and only if we a bad. We can be bad with Hoyer and we'd probably get a nice return on Cutler. I already mentioned the Cowboys as potential trade partners but now with Bridgewater out the Vikings could get desperate at the deadline. I'm think we could get a second or third for Cutler. But I don't want the bears tank target being Watson. I want Myles Garrett. Dudes a freak. Next season I'd like to go after UCLAs QB.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#7 » by patryk7754 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:07 pm

We could also Baker Mayfield if he's there for us in the right round
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#8 » by patryk7754 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:22 pm

Never mind about the Vikings trading for Cutler. Just saw that they traded for Bradford.
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,888
And1: 1,762
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Fri Sep 9, 2016 2:14 pm

If you trade Cutler it's back to 90's early 00's qb play in Chicago. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,609
And1: 11,355
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#10 » by RedBulls83 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:55 pm

City of Trees wrote:If you trade Cutler it's back to 90's early 00's qb play in Chicago. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

First you draft a qb and let him develop before throwing him out there. Very few qbs are ready to start from day one.
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#11 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 am

City of Trees wrote:If you trade Cutler it's back to 90's early 00's qb play in Chicago. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk


we are already back there but this time we are paying premium prices for it .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,609
And1: 11,355
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#12 » by RedBulls83 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:40 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
City of Trees wrote:If you trade Cutler it's back to 90's early 00's qb play in Chicago. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk


we are already back there but this time we are paying premium prices for it .

Not really. Cutler is the 16th highest paid QB in the league. Then the next 2-3 seasons his contract is a bargain for a starting QB. In the mean time, the Bears can draft a QB to develop, and they don't need to worry about forcing a young QB under fire before he's ready.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#13 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:42 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
City of Trees wrote:If you trade Cutler it's back to 90's early 00's qb play in Chicago. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk


we are already back there but this time we are paying premium prices for it .

Not really. Cutler is the 16th highest paid QB in the league. Then the next 2-3 seasons his contract is a bargain for a starting QB. In the mean time, the Bears can draft a QB to develop, and they don't need to worry about forcing a young QB under fire before he's ready.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/


If we draft a QB I dont want Cutler anywhere near him and we have zero to lose by playing them. At this point its time to turn the page on Cutler and remove the shadow hanging over this offense .Its clearly not all Cutlers fault and he played much better last season but at this point he is the poster child's for all the bears offensive issues until hes gone the offense will never have a clean slate ad be allowed to grow .

So you play out this season at this point and hope one of the skill players can develop this year with him under center but we should be maneuvering ourselves into trying to get on of the top qbs in the draft next season
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,609
And1: 11,355
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#14 » by RedBulls83 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:26 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
we are already back there but this time we are paying premium prices for it .

Not really. Cutler is the 16th highest paid QB in the league. Then the next 2-3 seasons his contract is a bargain for a starting QB. In the mean time, the Bears can draft a QB to develop, and they don't need to worry about forcing a young QB under fire before he's ready.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/


If we draft a QB I dont want Cutler anywhere near him and we have zero to lose by playing them. At this point its time to turn the page on Cutler and remove the shadow hanging over this offense .Its clearly not all Cutlers fault and he played much better last season but at this point he is the poster child's for all the bears offensive issues until hes gone the offense will never have a clean slate ad be allowed to grow .

So you play out this season at this point and hope one of the skill players can develop this year with him under center but we should be maneuvering ourselves into trying to get on of the top qbs in the draft next season

Agree to disagree. It's been proven that there is plenty to lose playing a young QB that isn't ready.

And Cutler isn't the person who he use to be, so it's silly to make it sound like he's some team cancer that will corrupt the new QB's mind. I'll take the word of his current teammates of what kind of guy and teammate Jay is.
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 42,567
And1: 9,587
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#15 » by fleet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Cutler is on a good contract for his performance level. There isnt a young guy in the pipeline he is holding back either. The Bears should draft a QB high if this is their course of action.
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,888
And1: 1,762
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:03 pm

From this point forward Cutler's contract is team friendly and easy to dump once another QB is ready. No need to trade him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#17 » by patryk7754 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

City of Trees wrote:From this point forward Cutler's contract is team friendly and easy to dump once another QB is ready. No need to trade him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we start 2-5 and a team is willing to give us at least what the Eagles got for Bradford you don't trade him?
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,609
And1: 11,355
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#18 » by RedBulls83 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:56 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:From this point forward Cutler's contract is team friendly and easy to dump once another QB is ready. No need to trade him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we start 2-5 and a team is willing to give us at least what the Eagles got for Bradford you don't trade him?

No team is going to make a trade like that half way into the season.
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#19 » by patryk7754 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:23 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:From this point forward Cutler's contract is team friendly and easy to dump once another QB is ready. No need to trade him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we start 2-5 and a team is willing to give us at least what the Eagles got for Bradford you don't trade him?

No team is going to make a trade like that half way into the season.

Why not. Clearly they'd have to be a playoff team who just lost their QB. If the Vikings can get that desperate for Bradford I can easily see someone doing that for Cutler especially in a panic move
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,888
And1: 1,762
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: RE: Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#20 » by City of Trees » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:15 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:From this point forward Cutler's contract is team friendly and easy to dump once another QB is ready. No need to trade him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we start 2-5 and a team is willing to give us at least what the Eagles got for Bradford you don't trade him?

Not one team in the league will give up a 1st round pick for Cutler.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Return to Chicago Bears