Read on Twitter
?s=19
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,124

Re: Bears draft OL James Daniels 

Post#2 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Understandable pick. I thought he was a top 20 talent. Definitely great value.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 417

Post#3 » by Bulls69 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 pm

A solid pick a game one starter
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#4 » by Posey H8er » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Very excited for this pick because I'm both an Iowa and Bears fan. Been tired of all the other NFC North teams drafting numerous Hawkeyes. But beyond my likely biases, the guy has all the potential to be a stud for years to come. He has abnormal O-line athleticism and has great size for center and isn't even fully developed physically. He's far bigger since entering Chris Doyle's program but he's still only 20. He has played guard and tackle before but he'll likely only play C or G at the pro-level. Kirk Ferentz and Iowa are an offensive line developmental program so Daniels knows what right looks like and will be technically sound.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#5 » by CjayC » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Not a sexy pick, and one I'm sure uninformed fans are gonna complain about(Wahhh Landry, Jackson, Sutton were on the board!) but a great pick. With this the line should be pretty much solidified. It doesn't matter how many weapons you have, or what scheme you run if the line is questionable.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,583

Post#6 » by fleet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 am

Pace is on his game this year. Credit where credit is due. Hopefully he has grown into this job. 3 starters is doing work, and Miller Daniels and Smith are likely starters.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Rebullding
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Rebullding » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:02 am

fleet wrote:Pace is on his game this year. Credit where credit is due. Hopefully he has grown into this job. 3 starters is doing work, and Miller Daniels and Smith are likely starters.

I agree. I think this was a good draft this year. The other players drafted in the later rounds seem like they are going to at least be good starting off as backups.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#8 » by fleet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:01 am

Rebullding wrote:
fleet wrote:Pace is on his game this year. Credit where credit is due. Hopefully he has grown into this job. 3 starters is doing work, and Miller Daniels and Smith are likely starters.

I agree. I think this was a good draft this year. The other players drafted in the later rounds seem like they are going to at least be good starting off as backups.

The only issue I'm having besides the little people, is that they want to put Daniels at left guard. What?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,236

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:32 am

fleet wrote:
Rebullding wrote:

The only issue I'm having besides the little people, is that they want to put Daniels at left guard. What?

I guess it makes sense in that they don't want to keep having Whitehair move around and hurt his development.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by fleet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 am

But that is questionable. Either a guy (Whitehair) can play or he can't. Guards and centers can ideally learn both positions. How it makes sense to put the small guy at guard and the big guy at center is missing me. Whitehair played his best ball at left guard. Daniels was on the small side even for a center. But it was doable there, and he is a better center than Whitehair will ever be. Heck, if the Bears are gonna do this now, they should have just drafted Connor Williams or something to play left guard at full size.

The only part that makes it mildly digestible, is if this is only a temporary situation

Return to Chicago Bears