Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,067

Bears excited not to slump 

Post#1 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:07 pm

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsSt ... ry_id=3275

a lot of times with paridy and so forth, teams fall hard after a superbowl loss as they spend all the money to get to the superbowl, that they have to lose talented guys and not improve the next season. WE only have briggs, who we haven't lost yet, and we have plenty of picks and depth at most positions. WE should be back deep in the playoffs.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ReggieTheus
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by ReggieTheus » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:37 am

I've been a pessimist for years with this team, but they've had back to back div titles. I didn't like the way last year ended, and thought they should've been more creative towards the end in finding a way to win...but that's over now.

Bears are in good shape finacially. The Briggs deal doesn't worry me, our team always seems to find decent LB's at worst, so we'll be ok with whatever happens with Lance.

RB is still a concern with me with Cedric ending his first 2 nfl campaigns with injuries. However usually we have decent backs. RB's and LB's are two things we've been known for...QB's not so much.

QB, Rex had a good year, but made a lot of mistakes he shouldn't have made. He has the potential to be MVP, or to be out of the NFL in a couple of years. I like our depth at QB with Griese and Orton...wouldn't mind taking Beck in the draft as insurance in case Rex doesn't get it together.

I bashed Angelo for going with D last year, but Hester and Anderson were sensational picks, so that's why I'm a fan and not a GM I suppose. Looking forward to seeing Dusty in 07.

Jerry hasn't had many great first round picks, but he sure knows how to find hidden gems in the later rounds. So the Bears should be back in the post.

We need to lookout for the Pack though, at 8-8, they could come back in 2007 and challenge us for the Division.

Return to Chicago Bears