Are the Browns actually having good luck

GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Are the Browns actually having good luck 

Post#1 » by GreenDemon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Browns close to signing a pair of top picks
Posted by Mary Kay Cabot July 26, 2007 17:49PM
Browns first-round draft pick Joe Thomas and second-round pick Eric Wright are close to agreeing to terms on their contracts and are expected to be on the field for the first day of full-squad training camp Friday.

Browns draft pick Joe Thomas"They're not done yet, but we hope to have something done within the next couple of hours," agent Peter Schaffer, who represents both players, said Thursday afternoon.

Thomas, the left tackle, and Wright, the cornerback, are two of the Browns top three picks. The third, quarterback Brady Quinn, picked No. 22 overall, has not yet agreed to terms.

These are the two guys that I wanted into camp for sure since I dont really see Quinn starting anyways for most of the season. It will be great having Thomas and Wright in camp at the beginning and hopefully they will both be starting on opening day kicking some black and gold butt.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm

well we're through what 2 days of training camp without a serious injury.....we already have more luck than last year

knock on wood for good health to the team throughout
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#3 » by rjgraca » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:44 am

So far so good on the injury front which is good luck.

Where in the heck is Brady Quinn???

Someone forgot to tell him that he was drafted 22nd and not in the top ten. As Peter King states in the following news link -- Quinns holdout has got to be one of the dumbest in recent NFL history.

Five Things I Think - SI's Peter King

1. I think the Brady Quinn holdout is one of the dumbest holdouts in NFL history. And that's really saying something, given the idiocy of some of these work stoppages we've seen recently. The Browns and Tom Condon, Quinn's agent, have just about reached an agreement on the overall dollars and package -- now it's haggling over guarantees, many of which Quinn is going to receive regardless of how well or poorly he does, since this team is not going to cut the golden boy quarterback after a crummy year or two. Sometimes holdouts make sense, sometimes they're stupid. This one is definitely the latter.

2. I think the most impressive person in this camp has got to be running back Jamal Lewis. Not only is the guy in ridiculously good shape after a second ankle surgery in two years, he is mentally strong. He is also highly motivated to show the Ravens they made a mistake when they let him go in free agency following the season. "And," he told me after practice this afternoon, "I weigh 239, not 251 or 252, like I used to. This is the best I've felt in a long time."

3. I think the Browns are counting heavily on second-round cornerback Eric Wright, who has covered very, very well in the opening days of camp.

4. I think it's hard to come to this training camp and watch this team practice, and see the fans hang on every long spiral, without thinking: Wouldn't it be great if the Browns started winning again? I can't think of a town that deserves it more.

5. I think the Browns still have no idea what they're going to do at quarterback. Derek Anderson is probably in the lead for the opening-day start; but no one is fooled into thinking he'll be able to hold Quinn off for very long -- if the Golden Domer gets here before Christmas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/w ... index.html

Unsigned Quinn misses 4th day of Browns camp

Browns general manager Phil Savage has been in negotiations with Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, but the team said there was nothing new to report.

"I'm glad we've got the other guys out there," Savage said. "If anything, it's given Charlie and Derek the chance to get more reps, and that's a positive."

Savage characterized talks with Condon as "in the same neighborhood, but not on the same street."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2954946

Quinn reducing any chance to start
GM says QB would have to perform significantly better than vets at camp

The team is talking and thinks that Quinn's holdout might end sometime next week if not sooner.

Return to Cleveland Browns