Moderator: Ralnor

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Johan extension? 

Post#1 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:36 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/w ... index.html

According to this guy contract talks have broken down. I'd say if this guy hits the open market he'd be the biggest free agent since ARod.

Do you think if you guys somehow fall out of the race this year you look at trading him? i cant see yall getting fair value for him but I can see Terry Ryan trading him if need be. My biggest fear is him being shipped to the Yankees for Phillip Hughes and a couple other prospects or players like Cano or Melky.

Do you this guy has something or is full of ****?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kg2005 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:17 am

Definitely not this year, he has another year left on his contract. I'm guessing that talks have broken down right now, I'm just hoping they'll try again. Doesn't look good though.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:07 am

I think a lot of that article is BS, its no different than a bogus KG wants out article.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by kg2005 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:56 am

dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#5 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm

"'How many years do they want to do?' Hopefully, I can do lifetime -- that's what I would like to do. But I guess in these days, it doesn't work out that way."

What an amazing person...He makes me happy, because he is such a good guy....If we couldn't sign him, that deal the OP posted was not bad with Hughes and Cano...I like that deal....
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by kg2005 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:57 pm

I like that deal too. Hughes is pretty much the perfect pitching prospect.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#7 » by TheFranchise21 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:41 am

A-Rod and either Cano or Hughes??? Or is that way too much?
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#8 » by studcrackers » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:01 am

for one do you see the twins taking money in a deal?

also i doubt the yankees would do hughes and cano for santanna so i know they wouldnt add in arod plus arod can block the deal.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#9 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 pm

studcrackers wrote:for one do you see the twins taking money in a deal?

also i doubt the yankees would do hughes and cano for santanna so i know they wouldnt add in arod plus arod can block the deal.

While I understand what you are saying, look at it this way. A-Rod would likely become the cleanup hitter, sandwiched in between Mauer and Morneau. Cuddyer would move back to 6th, since Torii would be gone with this scenario. Plus he would be out of the media frenzy in NY. You could say we wouldn't have any pitching to go with our hitting. Kook at the Yankees now! At least our guys are young. Liriano, Garza, Perkins, Bonser, Baker, the list goes on.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by kg2005 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:41 pm

I don't think the A-rod talks are very realistic.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#11 » by horaceworthy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:33 pm

The only way we get A-Rod is if Luis Rodriguez changes his name to Allen.

It was nice to hear Johan say that. He's always seemed to like it here, I really hope something can get done.

In that same day's paper (or maybe the day after), there was a pretty depressing quote from Torii. They asked him what he thought of the new ballpark, and he said something along the lines of "I'm not even going to look at pictures, since I might not be here." I realize that's the most likely case, but it's still sad, he's been the face of the team for such a long time, and he's the only regular remaining from when the team turned everything around and starting winning division titles.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#12 » by john2jer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:37 pm

No chance the Twins are going to commit 25mil per year to anyone, especially if we traded Johan. Santana, if for some slim chance he was traded, would be gone due to salary, so why would we trade him for a guy making 25mil? No sense in that deal.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#13 » by gold0259 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:41 pm

Multiple picks, cano and a yankees semi star to star where they pay half of his salary. The yankees trade their talent for proven stars... If we don't resign hunter we can afford to lock up Johan, but then again the twins become like the timberpups commiting all that scadol to one guy who only plays 32 games out of 162? It doesn't fit the twins mold, but it beats a poke in the eye, rather have the best pitcher on the planet and have to deal with these issues than not...knowimean

Return to Minnesota Twins