1-1: Success, but can it be sustained?

Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

1-1: Success, but can it be sustained? 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 am

Apologies for a very, VERY late thread (just now got internet in my place of residence), but as we all know the Bengals shocked the Packers and actually held off a late-game comeback attempt.

Antwan Odom has been the big story, with seven sacks on the year. It sounds like this number is extremely flukish, but perhaps Odom has figured something out or mastered a new move. (I haven't seen the full game tape.) Either way, the Packers' offensive line sucks.

I think recap threads like this would be OK for a forum with such low posting activity, but let me know what y'all think.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: 1-1: Success, but can it be sustained? 

Post#2 » by Cohiba13 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:16 am

Yeah, I was going to make this earlier but been busy. The game was actually on tv here so it was nice to get to see a good road win. Felt the Packers were pretty overrated going into the season anyways. Decent defence and a very average if not below average offence.

Well we SHOULD be 2-0. I would feel a lot better if we were.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: 1-1: Success, but can it be sustained? 

Post#3 » by Icness » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:59 pm

We'll learn a lot with the Steelers game. IMO this is a defining game for Carson Palmer, who has not been as great as most people think. If he can stand up to the PIT pass rush (which hasn't been great either) and deliver a victory, he's back in the conversation as a truly legit Pro Bowl QB. If he flops, it's time to take a hard look at how little he's progressed and produced.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Cincinnati Bengals