shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

tony romo for Trevor Siemian? 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 pm

thoughts of a trade with dallas?

would denver do it?

would dallas do it?

gives superbowl ready denver the best qb...dallas gets a little something in return....
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: tony romo for Trevor Siemian? 

Post#2 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 6, 2017 4:10 am

shagadelic45 wrote:thoughts of a trade with dallas?

would denver do it?

would dallas do it?

gives superbowl ready denver the best qb...dallas gets a little something in return....

The question is whether Denver wants to fully rely upon Romo's health for an entire season.

I was always annoyed with Denver's front office because they assumed that our SB win wasn't as improbable as it actually was. We got out by the skin of our teeth in several games that year and we leaned upon our defense in ways that no team expecting to win a super bowl really should.

Couple that with the loss of some defenders as well as Manning's charisma (which certainly contributed more than his actual on-field performance) and it wasn't hard for me to believe that we wouldn't be contenders the following year.

Romo is definitely an upgrade but I don't want us to just sign Romo and act like he's the guarantee back to playoff contender status.

We definitely need a more capable QB who is a constant threat for the opposition's defense.

According to ESPN, Broncos' officials said that if Vance Joseph could make a plausible case for improving the team's offense over last season, then he would win the job. It'll be interesting to see what moves will be made and what schemes will be employed to make improve the offense.

I'd be fine with getting Romo but he has to be one of several improvements.

I want:
1) a veteran, win-now QB
2) possible alteration to the RB makeup
--- i.e. 2-back systems are fine, but the Patriots have the more ideal setup with one clear cut smashmouth RB and one agile RB who specializes in catching the ball out of the backfield and making dynamic plays. Maybe see how much Peterson wants??)

3) more dynamic offensive schemes

--- I have misgivings about McCoy returning to the Broncos. I was never in love with how our offense performed while he was here. I credit Peyton Manning's pre-surgery excellence to the Broncos' being that good. Considering that we had an interview lined up for the Raiders' Musgrave, who is a West Coast offense guy, and was the coordinator for that potent Raiders offense, I'm questioning whether the Broncos' upper-management played more of a role in pushing for McCoy than Joseph did. I can easily see Broncos looking for some semblance of stability/a connection to the past since we've done that with a executives and head coaches.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:43 pm

The problem with a trade for Romo is that Dallas will want a lot and Romo will get paid a lot. The latter leaves less money for other needed players. I'm not convinced the Broncos can win a SB with Romo and I'm not convinced they can't win a SB without Romo; but I think either one could be interesting and maybe fun. My vote on Romo is a weak "no".
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:08 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-and-texans-have-reportedly-drawn-line-in-the-sand-on-a-tony-romo-trade/

Elway not going to trade for Romo? "Line in the sand" has been drawn according to this article.

Return to Denver Broncos