ImageImageImageImage

HOLY CR&P! DEN/CIN

Moderator: NyCeEvO

berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

HOLY CR&P! DEN/CIN 

Post#1 » by berserker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 pm

WOW. What a finish. Guess they're called the bungles for several reasons.

Things I liked - I like the HEART of this team, there's no quit. They played better defense. Alphonso Smith looks RIDICULOUS at this stage of his career. I liked Nolan's defensive blitz packages and the way he mixed things up. I liked seeing McDaniels jump Orton's ass for the stupid sack that SHOULD have cost us the game. Our special teams coverage was good. I liked seeing Buckhalter run well. I liked Josh's grit when he got up in the face of the refs over the additional time on the clock after the replay.

Things I DIDN'T like - Maybe it was Orton's finger, but he sucked today. Marshall had WAY too many drops and lacked concentration. Too many 3 and outs. Our defense on the last drive sucked, because we got ZERO pressure on the QB. There's no damn way we should give up a touchdown with less than 40 seconds remaining. That's Nolan's fault as much as it is CIncy's good play. I didn't like the referees, hosing us at every chance - too many missed calls, too many favorable home field calls - however, it was funny to watch em put time back on the clock after the ref ignored McDaniels.

All in all, it better be Orton's finger that caused us problems or we're in for a long season (or replacing him with Simms or Brandstater)....

Next year's draft needs - DT, QB, CB, DE
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Re: HOLY CR&P! DEN/CIN 

Post#2 » by MHZ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Incredible finish to a just completely crap game. Props to the defense, they looked great, but it seems like Cincy was just completely incapable of handling a blitz.

The offense looks like complete crap. Orton is garbage, Marshall did essentially nothing, on down the line.

It inspired zero confidence in me for the rest of the season, but a win is a win I guess. One of maybe five they get all year.
keonclark83
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: HOLY CR&P! DEN/CIN 

Post#3 » by keonclark83 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Can anyone let me know what eddie royals status is? I missed most of the game and noticed he only got two receptions? Is he mostly only doing kickoff returns or is he going to be a go to reciever this year?

Return to Denver Broncos