ImageImage

KJ Martin jr Intel

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,755

KJ Martin jr Intel 

Post#1 » by phillynative » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:20 pm

Hey I come in peace. I know you guys had KJ Martin jr for a couple seasons. The sixers just aquired him with the Harden trade. I can see that he's explosive but is there anything else he has to his game any potential strengths or weaknesses?

Any feedback would be cool
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 727

Re: KJ Martin jr Intel 

Post#2 » by RollingWave » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:37 am

He has done a pretty good job cutting and leverage his explosiveness well, i.e being a wing that is a real lob threat etc.

His shot has come and gone, it seems he can hit open shots fine just need guys to really set him up there. he has shown a little bit more of a put the ball on the floor game last year but not a strength certainly.

It seems that Nurse hasn't used him I guess mostly due to the defense aspect, he has occasionally shown good ability to play physical and can really get up there to try and block shots, but the off-ball instincts and awareness haven't been great so far. and it seems Nurse has no patience and time to figure it out for now, especially with so many other vet options at wing / forward.

It's ashame that he's buried like this, though given he's a UFA after the season don't think any teams are likely to really value going out to get him right now :/
The river of time wash away all heroes
Rdude22
Ballboy
And1: 9

Re: KJ Martin jr Intel 

Post#3 » by Rdude22 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:06 pm

I caught a glimpse of Gil’s Arena the other day and Kenyon Sr went a bit on a mini rant unprovoked about his son’s lack of playing time. It is what it is tho

Return to Houston Rockets