Motiejunas' options

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Re: Motiejunas' options 

Post#41 » by TMU » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:02 pm

Blame your agent, D-Mo. This is a business and you and your dumb agent should have taken the QO last year.
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#42 » by koogiking » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:13 pm

Rockets should just let him go free, this situation is going to drag out and cause drama for the team
koogiking
Veteran

Post#43 » by koogiking » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:13 pm

That's probably what he's banking on
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#44 » by K_chile22 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 9:17 pm

koogiking wrote:Rockets should just let him go free, this situation is going to drag out and cause drama for the team

I don't think Morey, by extension of the league, should set that precedence
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#45 » by jwise44 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 10:51 pm

verysalt wrote:Good one.
Rockets managers already threw too much bulsh*it on DMO, time to taste themselves how it feels.

This ones on his agent not the rockets
koogiking
Veteran

Post#46 » by koogiking » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:13 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
koogiking wrote:Rockets should just let him go free, this situation is going to drag out and cause drama for the team

Well eventually that's what's going to be the case. You can't stop someone from doing something if they're mind is made up.

Plus the whole situation is certainly not good for the team morale, chemistry, and ultimately success so Moreys gonna have to make a decision on what's more important
K_chile22
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Motiejunas' options 

Post#47 » by K_chile22 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:19 pm

koogiking wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

Well eventually that's what's going to be the case. You can't stop someone from doing something if they're mind is made up.

Plus the whole situation is certainly not good for the team morale, chemistry, and ultimately success so Moreys gonna have to make a decision on what's more important

How does this effect any of those things? He wasn't there and he's still not there. Cool
koogiking
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Motiejunas' options 

Post#48 » by koogiking » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:26 am

K_chile22 wrote:
koogiking wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:I don't think Morey, by extension of the league, should set that precedence

How does this effect any of those things? He wasn't there and he's still not there. Cool

Yeah but once he comes back there's going to be issues or at the very least lots of awkwardness, plus the cap space used on a malcontent player
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#49 » by inquisitive » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:28 am

Just as i feared, this is worse than pulling an Asik...dude might just play in Europe for a year and become unrestricted next year.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#50 » by spearsy23 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:33 am

inquisitive wrote:Just as i feared, this is worse than pulling an Asik...dude might just play in Europe for a year and become unrestricted next year.

I think If he goes to Europe he'll remain an rfa. Actually, now that they've matched the contract I'm not sure how that would work. I think they would just retain his rights.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#51 » by Teckon » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:39 am

spearsy23 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Just as i feared, this is worse than pulling an Asik...dude might just play in Europe for a year and become unrestricted next year.

I think If he goes to Europe he'll remain an rfa. Actually, now that they've matched the contract I'm not sure how that would work. I think they would just retain his rights.

Due to the fact that Rockets match the Nets' offer, DMo is contractually bind with the Rockets. DMo now is in contractual dispute with Rockets and NBA to a larger extend. He cannot even go play in Europe since he has contractual dispute with NBA. Until Rockets release him, he is stuck with Rockets one way or another.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#52 » by Mr. E » Wed Dec 7, 2016 6:08 am

I have to admit that I'm rather depressed at how this is all turning out.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#53 » by MaxRider » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:02 pm

Read on Twitter

BJ Armstrong knows his right?
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#54 » by zapatasblood » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:13 pm

Teckon wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

Due to the fact that Rockets match the Nets' offer, DMo is contractually bind with the Rockets. DMo now is in contractual dispute with Rockets and NBA to a larger extend. He cannot even go play in Europe since he has contractual dispute with NBA. Until Rockets release him, he is stuck with Rockets one way or another.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hold on to him and don't let him go anywhere! Destroy his market value so long as this does not hurt the Rockets
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Dainius
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#55 » by Dainius » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:17 pm

Light the Beam!
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#56 » by verysalt » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:46 pm

zapatasblood wrote:
Teckon wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:I think If he goes to Europe he'll remain an rfa. Actually, now that they've matched the contract I'm not sure how that would work. I think they would just retain his rights.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hold on to him and don't let him go anywhere! Destroy his market value so long as this does not hurt the Rockets

They pretty much been doing it for the last half in year.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#57 » by inquisitive » Wed Dec 7, 2016 6:21 pm

When he does come back, i hope he doesn't fake his play.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#58 » by MaxRider » Wed Dec 7, 2016 6:23 pm

inquisitive wrote:When he does come back, i hope he doesn't fake his play.

i don't want him near the team
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#59 » by K_chile22 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 7:40 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18227996/donatas-motiejunas-report-houston-rockets-6-million-difference-offer-sheet

It's over the 6 million that the rockets didn't have to (and for some of it couldn't) match, not about being with the Rockets. If you ask me, your agent should've been aware of this and told you/negotiated that out of the contract. At this point if I were Dmo I'd sue for malpractice and get my money back that way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using RealGM mobile app
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#60 » by verysalt » Wed Dec 7, 2016 11:00 pm

MaxRider wrote:
inquisitive wrote:When he does come back, i hope he doesn't fake his play.

i don't want him near the team

I don't understand why Rockets keeps this drama, they just could let him go and that's it. If they really wanted DMO then they shouldn't have tried to trade him or offering him more-less rooky contract.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster

Return to Houston Rockets