ImageImage

The OT Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: The OT Thread 

Post#1261 » by moofs » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Modern Reporting 101

Josh Smith: Clippers Forward Says Estimated $6.9 Million Salary Will Be 'Harder' on His Family

Full Quote:
"It wasn’t about the money because of the Detroit situation. But at the end of the day, you know, I do have a family. So, it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I’m going to push through it and try to do long-term after this year. But I think, this year, focusing on doing something special with this group of guys – we have the opportunity to do something special. Right now, this is what I want to focus on."

Resulting Article:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2530899-josh-smith-claims-69-million-salary-with-clippers-will-be-harder-on-family
It's unlikely new Los Angeles Clippers forward Josh Smith perceives his nearly $7 million salary the same way you do.

The Clippers offered Smith, the ex-Piston and Rocket, a $1.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, which he signed. The team introduced him to the Los Angeles media Tuesday. On top of that, he is going to make $5.4 million from a prior deal with the Detroit Pistons for a grand total of $6.9 million next year.

Smith let America know of his struggle, as reported by David Whitley of the Orlando Sentinel (via the Detroit Free Press). "At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," he said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it, you know. ... I made a decision for me and my family."

Source Video (See: 16:10)
http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/la-clippers-deandre-jordan-paul-pierce-josh-smith-free-agent-signins-press-conference-072015

Facebook then takes the sensationalizers and throws them in my face for 3 days.

This has been a friendly PSA reminder to always remember that the media loves to manipulate us.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#1262 » by Mr. E » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=337&t=1401955

I've got a poll open on the Other Sports forum. Who gets the 2022 Winter Olympics: China or Kazakhstan?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#1263 » by MaxRider » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Mr. E wrote:viewtopic.php?f=337&t=1401955

I've got a poll open on the Other Sports forum. Who gets the 2022 Winter Olympics: China or Kazakhstan?

i'm kind of against Olympics now
the host country will spend billions building new stadium
they will end up losing money for hosting
look like Greece
England, China lost money, who knows what will happen in next few year
Brazil is next, most of them are against it
the world isn't doing so great lately
why waste so much time and money on event that only last 2-3 weeks
it would be a lot better if they would re-use old stadium
problem is ... no one is doing that
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1264 » by Mr. E » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm not even sure how Kazakhstan can afford to attempt this. Yes, they are Central Asia's biggest economy; but I'm not sure that's saying much in the grand scheme of things.

I understand why people are calling this a "David & Goliath" situation.
- Winston Churchill
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#1265 » by spaceballer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:00 am

Okay, this is just freaky.

Worms Invade Houston Suburb Water Supply

The faucets, sprinklers and shower heads in Old River-Winfree, a suburb 25 miles east of Houston, have been infested with small red worms—and no one seems to know where they came from. Mayor Joe Landry has been using city money to buy water bottles to hand out to residents and has opened the city office’s three men’s and three women’s shower facilities for residents to use. But J&S Water, the town’s water utility, has not said how the worms got into the water. “We’re hoping for an update as to where we need to go with the situation from here,” Landry told the Houston Chronicle. “We’re hoping for directives. Right now we don’t have any answers.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/30/worms-invade-houston-suburb-water-supply.html

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#1266 » by MaxRider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Mr. E wrote:I'm not even sure how Kazakhstan can afford to attempt this. Yes, they are Central Asia's biggest economy; but I'm not sure that's saying much in the grand scheme of things.

I understand why people are calling this a "David & Goliath" situation.

Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics
good to see them going to re-use Bird's Nest and one of the other stadium
no reason to keep building new building
main concern is they don't have much snow in Beijing and most outdoor snow event will be using man made snow
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1267 » by Mr. E » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:19 am

Watched the first couple episodes of Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp just now.

Oh man...if you loved the original movie then be prepared for utter greatness based on what I've seen so far!

I can't believe what we learned about Lindsey! :lol:

Also, Lake Bell is a physically impressive human being.
- Winston Churchill
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#1268 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:20 pm

moofs wrote:Modern Reporting 101

Josh Smith: Clippers Forward Says Estimated $6.9 Million Salary Will Be 'Harder' on His Family

Full Quote:
"It wasn’t about the money because of the Detroit situation. But at the end of the day, you know, I do have a family. So, it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I’m going to push through it and try to do long-term after this year. But I think, this year, focusing on doing something special with this group of guys – we have the opportunity to do something special. Right now, this is what I want to focus on."

Resulting Article:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2530899-josh-smith-claims-69-million-salary-with-clippers-will-be-harder-on-family
It's unlikely new Los Angeles Clippers forward Josh Smith perceives his nearly $7 million salary the same way you do.

The Clippers offered Smith, the ex-Piston and Rocket, a $1.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, which he signed. The team introduced him to the Los Angeles media Tuesday. On top of that, he is going to make $5.4 million from a prior deal with the Detroit Pistons for a grand total of $6.9 million next year.

Smith let America know of his struggle, as reported by David Whitley of the Orlando Sentinel (via the Detroit Free Press). "At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," he said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it, you know. ... I made a decision for me and my family."

Source Video (See: 16:10)
http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/la-clippers-deandre-jordan-paul-pierce-josh-smith-free-agent-signins-press-conference-072015

Facebook then takes the sensationalizers and throws them in my face for 3 days.

This has been a friendly PSA reminder to always remember that the media loves to manipulate us.

Great post. Media is tricky.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#1269 » by moofs » Sun Aug 2, 2015 2:24 am

Mr. E wrote:Also, Lake Bell is a physically impressive human being.

:thumbsup:
Morey 2020.

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1270 » by Nebula1 » Tue Aug 4, 2015 12:53 am

DeAndre Hopkins 8-)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVB4McnD4Y[/youtube]
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#1271 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Aug 4, 2015 11:11 pm

Arian Foster :(
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1272 » by Nebula1 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:31 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Arian Foster :(

Why was he even practicing? He should have been limited to pre season at most.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

The OT Thread 

Post#1273 » by zapatasblood » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:48 pm

Gotta practice

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

The OT Thread 

Post#1274 » by zapatasblood » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:49 pm

Anyways foster getting hurt in the preseason just lets you know it's football season

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
moofs
General Manager

Post#1275 » by moofs » Sat Aug 8, 2015 2:22 am

So Amare Stoudemire produced a movie and it was really really good.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3125324/?ref_=m_nm_knf_i3

I was more than a little surprised when his name showed up at the end.

Fame is a poison.
Morey 2020.

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#1276 » by jwise44 » Sun Aug 9, 2015 12:21 pm

Jesus Christ I need to take a good hard look at my sleeping habits

My friend is staying with me for a few days and I woke up at 530 because I thought someone was breaking in but it was him up to work out before he works for 9-10 hours

I went out and he said if he sleeps more than 4 hours it's an anomaly...if I sleep any less than 8 the next day is a waste

He is out right now at the gym and I am still pissed he woke me up because I had a super late night since I don't have **** to do today....I wish I had my friends stamina he came home at 4 and is already up and out

Nothing like having a super friend to make you feel like ass...I've never felt so lazy..I'm actually dreading going to my friends apartment to lay by the pool
moofs
General Manager

Post#1277 » by moofs » Sun Aug 9, 2015 6:56 pm

It's not necessarily laziness. Some people simply don't need as much sleep. It's a genetic mutation. One of my old bosses only slept 3 hours a night, on average. During my 20's, I could get by on 6, but not any more...

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-why-thrive-less-sleep-others-163712171.html
Morey 2020.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1278 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:42 am

Don't know if you guys watched it but the first Hard Knocks was pretty good, funny seeing Wilfork shoot hoops! I kinda like the Texans for O'Brien, he kept PSU going and I love the guy.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1279 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:55 am

Does anyone know what the heck happened in Tianjin yesterday?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unt92HotOOw[/youtube]

I've had family there very recently, so this is rather unnerving.

edit - WOW! China is going hard in their attempts to control this story. That video I posted has been removed from YouTube already!

They may get some images and videos here and there, but it's going to be hard to control things this big when everyone with an iPhone in their pocket is suddenly a boots-on-the-ground cameraman.
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1280 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:12 pm

bondom34 wrote:Don't know if you guys watched it but the first Hard Knocks was pretty good, funny seeing Wilfork shoot hoops! I kinda like the Texans for O'Brien, he kept PSU going and I love the guy.

I have it recorded, but haven't watched it yet. It's been a big topic on local radio.
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Rockets